Midseason Schedule Analysis

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MaxATX34, Aug 28, 2011.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Marshall: Record 3-2 (2-0)

The Thundering Herd are off to a nice start, and are perfect in conference play after a 41-20 beat down of the purple pirates from ECU. Marshall's only two losses have come to BCS teams, but they will face one of their toughest CUSA opponent this week in UCF. The Knights are 5-0 right now so this game has Conference Championship implications. Speaking of that, the Herd faces USM next week. These next two games are very important for Marshall.

Fresno State: Record 4-1 (0-0)

Holy shit! Has Coach York started to put it together? It would appear so, as the Bulldogs are 4-1 and only have 2 tough games left (Hawaii and Nevada). FS has a week off to bask in the glory of their winning record before a WAC matchup with Utah State. The offense is there; the dogs have topped 45 points three times this season. I'm seeing a 9-3 type year.

Temple: Record 2-2 (0-0)

The Owls have had a tough go of it so far. They've faced 3 BCS squads, all on the road, and only came away with 1 W. Coach MTX has the defense playing well though, and haven't given up a lot of points. The schedule lightens up from here on out. The Owls face Rival Buffalo this week and Miami(OH) next week. The rest of the games appear very winnable.

Hawaii: Record 3-1 (0-0)

The Warriors are in great shape so far having knocked off a top 10 USC team in SoCal. Their only loss came in a close game vs USF. They are currently enjoying a double BYE week before hosting WKU. The Rainbow Warriors are ranked #20 with only a few tough games left. Could this be the year Hawaii gets back to a BCS bowl and get their asses handed to them again? ;)

Southern Miss: Record 4-1 (1-0)

The Golden Eagles have been impressive so far, knocking off Baylor and NC State. The back end of their schedule gets pretty tricky though. Houston, Tulsa, UCF, and ECU still loom. Don't forget about the game vs Marshall either. If the Eagles can maintain they could end up in the conference championship.

Baylor: Record 2-2 (1-0)

The Bears have the toughest schedule by far. They have faced Bama and Texas, and still have Okie St, OU, Mizzou, and TAMU left. The Bears could lose all those and still make a bowl, but their coaches have to be looking for an upset in one of those big games.

NC State: 3-2 (1-0)

The Wolfpack are hitting the meat of their ACC schedule, and look to move farther away from .500. NCSU has the talent to win their division, but there are a lot of good teams left. Rival North Carolina is currently ranked and the Pack will have to play them on the road.

Western Kentucky: Record 3-1 (1-0)

Reese has taken the reigns at WKU and got off to a good start. Their Sun Belt schedule is exactly that, a Sun Belt schedule. The only real hiccup left is next week vs Hawaii. After that it should be smooth sailing. The Hilltoppers strength of schedule might keep the eventual Sun Belt Champs out of the top 25 this year.

Army: Record 2-4

The Black Knights are hurtin'. Coach makin has enough winnable games to get to a bowl, but he will have to rally the troops. This week they face SDSU in a game that is a perfect opportunity to right the ship. The next 3 games leading up to the Marshall contest should result in a few W's and some confidence moving forward.

• Like Like x 3
  2. sreese

sreese Walk On

Well done max. Reading this on the flight to hawaii!! Gotta get there early mrparrothead might shut down the airports because of fear. Thats right fear of the Hilltopper!!

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

We should be advancing in the next few hours.

4. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

yeah thats what I am talking about. Who is still in this biatch? I see cole was added but what happened to kasper?

5. sreese

sreese Walk On

I think kasper dropped all his leagues. must be a madden player!

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

If it's advanced, we can play tonight reese. Probably be more like 11 EST at the earliest, as I've got a fantasy football draft tonight.

edit: Forgot which bye week we were on. I'll log on to do my recruiting tonight, then. Looking forward to my 438th bye of the year. :)

7. sreese

sreese Walk On

im pretty sure we play this week?

8. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Yeah, apparently I was looking at the schedule wrong. Too many byes. Haha

9. sreese

sreese Walk On

Looks like my team thought they were on a bye too!

• Like Like x 1
  10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

kasper is the definition of a seasonal gamer. I knew that when I let him in lol Im going to put up a thread in the new members lounge and try to get some new blood in here.