1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Might be about that time.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Nov 1, 2009.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Might be about that time.

To kick the skill level up to All-Madden to reduce these high scoring games. Thoughts?

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

my problem with all madden is the retarded things it does. I am open to discussing it though.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

High scoring games?

What are those?

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

Here's my thoughts:

1-I play on "My Skill" in offline games which is mid 700s so actually HIGHER than All-Madden....so don't think I can't handle it, BUT. . .

2-We already had one owner lose to the CPU, and there are certainly teams who have a hard time scoring anyways, AND. . .

3-All-Madden (or higher) causes some really unrealistic things to happen, such as dramatically increased fumbles (I'm talking you'll see games where the same RB fumbles 5 times) and unrealistic AI (such as SUUUUPER high awareness where play action, misdirection, ect rarely work). Also pass protection isn't realistic.

So this being all said, while I do play my offline games at that level due to wanting to have competitive human vs. CPU games, I don't think that all-madden would do anything beneficial to this league at all. In fact I think it would detract from it. Especially now with Nate's bending of the player movement rule. I vote a strong NO on changing the All-Pro setting.

That said, I believe there is a way for Nate to switch human vs. CPU games only to all-madden to make sure it's not an auto win for any owner playing the computer.

5. natedawg212000

i am with you on this dunlap

6. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

2 cents

I think all-pro is fine. Most of the high scoring games is just from busted plays that end up in as a TD. People who like to use the screens especially. Usually if I give up a big play it's because I blew it defensively. I'm not against moving to all-madden. It might be what this league needs but I think before making that switch we should have people scrimmage on all-madden first. The only pro I can think of from moving to all-madden is when i'm not even blitzing and someone runs that screen pass and my computer players are too stupid to to see it. But a downside is theres a lot of Int's already, All-madden might just make more picks happen. Overall I think people should test out all-madden in some scrimmages and if we decided to move to all-madden I thinkg giving everyone a week to test it out themselves against someone else before hoping into an All-madden game.

7. gatornation0620

gatornation0620 Will the Bucs go 0-16?

High scoring, I just threw Josh Freemans first TD...no to all-madden

8. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Alright Freeman! I could not get that guy to stop throwing pick to save my life.

9. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

i think the high scoring games is less related to what difficulty we play at and more the 8 minute quarters with no accell clock. Im willing to bet the only low low scoring game like 10-7 or 7-3 or 14-7 will be when two lesser experienced players play each other. I doubt changing the setting will do much but spread the gap between the really good players and the newer ones who are just getting on there feet now. I ave been playing allmadden in offline games and due to the lag of online games, allmadden might not be a good idea, but ive never played at allmadden online i dont think before. This is the first year where you could change that setting, and i am sure as hell not going to pay 9.99 for it. Just my opinion and i vote for the majority.

10. BigShane80

BigShane80 Walk On

What are the settings on now gentleman. I have never paid attention to that part of getting the game going.

11. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

All Pro I think

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The current difficulty setting is All Pro. I am not in favor of moving to all madden. I know some of you guys (quite frankly, everyone I've played so far) are really good, but I REALLY stink offensively. Going up to All Madden I think would be way too much for me to handle.

13. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Its crazy how many pics and fumbles there are on all-madden online. I vote staying at allpro

14. natedawg212000

I am against going on AllMadden, and if you guys wanna discuss changing settings. We are NOT going to use accel clock. I hate that thing as much as some of you hate fight for the fumble. I am open to moving the time down. I personally like our settings, but I want whats best for the league.

15. Big D

Big D Walk On

Time is perfect I think.....I hate accelerated clock and if we moved the time down we wouldn't get enough play. . .