Might want to install NCAA to your HD

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by BlyGilmore, Jul 19, 2009.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Might want to install NCAA to your HD

Interesting read over on Pastapadre ...

http://www.pastapadre.com/9496/ncaa-football-10-hard-drive-evaluation

the upshot is the game loads up a helluva lot faster from your hard drive compared to your disc drive - and remedies some of the hiccups in the interface.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

That's weird, because loading times, and how fast it sims games/goes to the next week in dynasty mode situations seemed like some of the THE MOST improved aspects of the game for me.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I always load games i play alot to the hard drive....love that feature!

4. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

NCAA 09 froze up on me all the dang time until I DL'd it to my HD...Never had another freeze afterwards. As soon as I got NCAA 10 I deleted 09 and DL'd 10.

5. BlyGilmore

Regular games I don't usually install (ala GTA or Ghostbusters or something), but I will put whatever sports game i'm playing heavily onto my hard drive. Honestly its probably better for your 360 anyway - as you avoid overworking your disk drive (one of the top failures on the 360 behind the RROD) and are generating less heat.

Now if only you could use a USB hard drive on a 360. I'd upgrade to the 60GB hard drive if the price wasn't outrageous. For $150 you can get almost a 1TB external drive these days.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Ditto here. I've always had trouble with games freezing on me. It didn't happen often, but whenever it happened to me in the 4th quarter it was beyond frustrating.

It was the ability to download to the HDD and the HDMI port that caused me to sell my 3+ year old 1st gen 360 w/ 20GB drive (and gamestop gave me $110 for it which was surprising) and buy a new arcade and a 120GB drive (which was on sale for $120 so my old xbox paid for that). I now install everything to my HDD and I can actually hear myself think while playing instead of being drowned out by the sound of my jet engine-like 360. I'm amazed at how silent my 360 is now.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    How do I go about putting the game onto my HD?

8. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

With the game in, go to the section in the main menu where you hit A to play the game and hit Y (for game information I think is what it says) and then in there, it'll have an option to install the game to the harddrive.

9. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yeah, mine was soooooooooooo much quieter too and runs so much cooler...

10. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

i didnt even know you can download games to your harddrive lol

11. BlyGilmore

it was a new feature they added late last year when they changed the the dashboard layout and added the silly avatars. you still need the disk when you first fire up the game, but after that it runs everything off the hard drive.

12. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Yea if you haven't download the game to your hard drive, I suggest do it. Matter of fact any game you play constantly for long hours. It really helps your 360.

13. totalwreckage

so where do i go once i load the disk up? Im gonna download my UFC game because i play it all the time and have worried about burning my disk drive for madden even though its a brand new Xbox I dont trust it lol

14. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

This was the very second thing after I got the game I did.

15. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Go to "MY XBOX"
    Hit the "Y" button
    Play from Hard Drive

Game has to be in the XBOX though.

16. totalwreckage

oh ok so you have to have the disk in there regardless it just chooses where to load it up from? Gotcha..thx bud