Mike Leach fired...

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Drifterbub, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Mike Leach fired...

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/Texas-Tech-Mike-Leach-fired-123009

Just sounds like the university was looking for a reason to get rid of this guy.

Personally, I hate Leach. He's a classless twat who just happens to be a good coach. The university is going to take flak for this, but in the long run they benefit far greater by dumping this tool now.

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Yeah i was discussing this last night with my girl. She said there's more to the story than that. I said I don't care there is no excuse for what happend.

I guess TTU felt the same way . . .

He can come be the OC at UF he can call plays. Urban will keep him straight, if he's around.

I wonder if TTu will go after Sumlin, the Houston HC.

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    If they knew what they are doing they would go after Sumlin.

There is a lot more to the story, I'm sure of it. Whether that will make a difference or not will be interesting.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I've been listening to sports radio on satellite the past two days (yesterday I was in my car for 7 hours due to work) and everyone in the know is taking Leach's side. Players, coaches, past coaches, etc. all have Leach's back.

Basically, the kid is a pre madona who has a famous daddy. If his dad wasn't on ESPN, this story never would have made the back page of the local news paper. The kid is a lazy piece who never tries but still wants all the glory. Probably not going to fit with Mike Leach's style.

Everyone on the radio is labeling this as the "furthering of America's wussification". Eventually, coaches won't be able to raise their voices to these kids without getting fired. It's sad. More of america's snot nosed, soft, and spoiled children get their way.

TTU definitely wanted to axe him and was looking for any reason to do so. They have about $800,000 worth of incentive to do so since if he's the coach by 12/31/09, he gets this much for a bonus.

5. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

I really don't think that's the story at all, but we will see in the coming days.

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The reason all of that was on the radio was probably just to make a story out of it. The media and sports radio in general tend to do that from time to time. Even if it means pure speculation.

With that being said, I'm hearing the same sorts of rumblings about the kid with credible sources. There is something else going on and the university wouldn't be so quick to make a decision and site it as 'with cause' without actually having something to legally base it on. Especially since it had already became a legal issue when Leach attempted to file a lawsuit that would grant him permission to coach in the bowl game.

It will be interesting to see the information that comes out in the next week or so.

7. GoGators

I agree, there's definitely more details to be told.

The university had to act quickly though because as of tomorrow they'd owe him that $800k bonus.

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Players on the team are split. Some say the kid was overeacting and had something out for Leach and the program. Some say that Leach was wrong for what and how he did whatever happend.

What a damn mess . . .

TTU could get Sumlin for cheap compared to what it will cost them to pay Leach.

Will he try to coach next year?

Will he take a year off and wait for something else to open up?

Will he have to take a step down be an OC and work his way back up into good graces?

Those are the questions I'm interested in.

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Remember that Leach interviewed for a couple positions last year and no one offered him a job...

10. GoGators

I agree Leach probably didn't make the best choice in handling a kid with a concussion, but again, this isn't even news worthy, let alone something a really good coach should get fired for.

Leach didn't do anything to put the kid in a worse condition. The dark room wasn't the best call, but when you have a concussion you are suppose to stay in the dark.

It's not like Leach forced the kid to exert himself or participate in contact drills.

If Leach deserves to get fired for this, the Cal Bears coach should be fired and sentenced to jail for allowing Jahvid Best to play the following week against Stanford after he had a concussion and then he got another one and was carted off on a stretcher.

It's just becoming a joke. And TTU is completely hypocritical. They're going to fire Leach for this but it's the same AD who hired Bobby Knight!!!

These kids that go crying to the media are ridiculous. They're suppose to be football players but they are going to cry as soon as a coach doesn't smile at them. Leach gets fired. The old Kansas coach (his name escapes me right now) gets fired for poking kids in the chest.

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Jim Leavitt cleaned his up he was accused of slapping a kid at USF. I agree this is getting out of hand but I work in the school system as a Dean and trust me it's not gettign any better these parents these days justify there kids poor behavior more than anything I've ever seen.

12. GoGators

Exactly!!! And the teachers can't do anything to correct it. Next, or now, the football coaches won't be able to teach discipline either.

It's very scary the way american culture is headed.

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Honestly, I know what I would do if I was a 6'3'' 216 athlete and Coach Leach tried to put me in a closet...

Like I said, there is probably more to the story.

Magino was fired from Kansas because defensive linemen were disappearing, and the only logical explanation was that he ate them. Equipment and all. He was caught poking one of them to see how tender they were.

It's too bad for him too, because he will die in a few years if he is left out of football. The guy is 300% over the mating weight of a panda and he actually is an active coach. Doing practices, pacing the sidelines, and writing on a clipboard are all calories he won't burn anymore.

14. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

There is a school in the Big 10 with an awful coach that could use mr. Leach....

Go gophers!

15. GoGators

It wasn't a closet. It was a media room where reporters typically are allowed to setup on gamedays.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Eh, whatever type of room the alleged is, I'd still punch him in the jeans.

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

What Leach was doing is actually something that was done to "help" with concussions. I got my bell rung when I was younger and one of the things the doc said to do was to "be in a dark quiet room" as much as possible. It helps with the headache which is caused mainly by light.

I think a spoiled kid agreed to go along with it at first. Leach tells him he sucks and the kid gets mad and tells his daddy that some mean ol' man locked him in a closet. Daddy gets his panties in a twist and goes to the AD like Mike Leach performed some strange ritual on the kid.

This is BS. I'm on Leach's side and I don't even like him. Good Coach. Put TT on the Big 12/national map. Politics, Politics, Politics.........

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    See that's why I figured he was put in a dark room because that actually helps. Meh, I suppose I think kids nowadays are too thin-skinned but then again, you don't know what's going on down there. Also, I heard he was a lil primadonna as well.

19. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

If you saw some of his interviews last year when espn did some you could tell the guy is a lil weird and not right. There has to be somethin else that made him get cannned unless TT realized that the 5 year 12 million (?) deal he signed last February was dumb and need to get a better coach

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Pretty much what I thought..

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

HAHAHAAHA

strong disdain for Mangino!! Love it

22. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    If Leach wants to come to Ohio State and help with the offense, sign me up...

I think "wussification" is a proper term for all this crap...

23. jfosh

jfosh Super

Arizona State needs an O.C......

If he put him in the "quiet room" to help with his concussion what was the deal with not letting him sit down??

I smell more smoke!

24. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I heard it was a media room but even if it didn't have chairs didn't that "smart" college student ever consider sitting on the floor, lol. And listening to the TT chancellor's interview I think they wanted him gone anyway.

He can come to Ann Arbor and help Rich Rod with our spread.