Miners Thump Huskies

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AndyVanSlyke, Aug 4, 2011.

1. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

The Miners entered the Cotton Bowl on Saturday ready to prove a point. After being cheated out of the Conference USA championship game, UTEP was unthinkably sent to the TicketCity Bowl where they faced the Huskies of Northern Illinois. With the feeling of disrespect, the Miners finished off their season with a 48-7 thrashing of the Huskies. The game was never in doubt.

It was quite clear that Coach Weaver was ready to put up some points. "Coming into this game, I was pissed. Hell, I still am. I didn't let my guys wear their bowl game patches. I had them put tape over their patches and write Houston Who over top of it. I still don't even know the name of this bowl or who we just now played. All I know is they were bad. At least we got to spend the day in Dallas I guess.

The UTEP offense put up 498 yards of offense with quarterback Carson Meger leading the charge. He threw for a career high of 281 yards. He added 3 touchdown passes and zero interceptions. In their final game, the running back duo of Joseph Banyard and Vernon Frazier combined for 177 yards on the ground.

The Miner defense was impressive as well tallying three turnovers including a nifty fumble return for a touchdown by Drew Thomas as he intercepted a late option pitch.

It was a great season for the Miners who finish with 11 wins. Now the question shifts to, "What's next for coach Weaver?"

Weaver had this to say regarding his future, "I have had a great season here, theses guys worked their asses off this year and they deserve this moment. I'll worry about that stuff later on."

• Like Like x 2
  2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

haha I think he comes back to UTEP to beat Houston...

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

lol... I think he comes back cuz the shit file error thing screwed up job approvals and hes in the middle of the pack with the rest! ahhhhh!!!!!!

4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

well I was trying to make it look like real life....stupid

5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

i know. i take every opportunity to sabotage your material

6. TJM

TJM Walk On

Great season weave! Leave the C-USA please :) or I will circle our game for next season and only call you by El Paso eliminating the Texas in your name.

• Like Like x 1