Minnesota Golden Gophers | NCAA 11 Dynasty

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by controllerabuser, Feb 20, 2011.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Minnesota Golden Gophers
    NCAA Dynasty
    "I'm Comin' Home Again"​
    [​IMG]

Sliders & Settings: I am going to run on Heisman recruiting and difficulty. 8 Minute quarters will be the length and 5 is the game speed with normal. I am going to be using the sliders we currently have in BfR.

Recruiting & Goal Philosophy: My recruiting goals for the first few years are going to be, 1.) trying to get whatever we can get 2.) but try to get as many recruits from Minnesota as we can 3.) and try to grab and make pipelines surrounding our state. Right now our pipelines are - MN, FL, TX, CA, MO, PA and WI. I would like to try to get Ohio.

Our goals as a team, to try to build and get better every game. We know we are the bottom of the Big Ten but we do have play-makers and the ability to control our own destiny.

Contract Year 1 of 3
    • Beat Rival - Wisconsin
    • Top 3 Finish in Big Ten
    • Beat USC
    Career Totals
    • Career Record: 0-0
    • Winning Seasons: 0
    • Longest Win Streak: 0
    • Record Vs. Top 25: 0-0
    • Record Vs. Rivals: 0-0
    • Bowl Records: 0
    • Conference Titles: 0
    • National Titles: 0

• Like Like x 1
  2. controllerabuser

2010-2011 Season
    Team Needs
    [​IMG]

Trying to fill needs:
    • Fullback - We are putting everything into trying to grab 2 FBs.
    1. Marvin Meeks is 6'3 196 from Arvada, CO
    2. Joe Smith is 6'0 245 from Robinson, PA
    • Kicker - Our eyes are set on 2 kickers.
    1. James Foster from Maplewood, MN
    2. Donnie Sykes from Gilroy, CA
    • Middle Linebacker - While we only need 1, we are taking looks at 3 MLBs.
    1. Josh Hills is 6'1 239 from Winner, SD
    2. Andy Stone is 6'0 249 from Shorewood, WI
    3. David Smith is 6'2 239 from Phoenixville, PA

3. controllerabuser

2010-2011 Recruiting Board
    FB Marvin Meeks
    FB Joe Smith
    MLB Josh Hills
    K James Foster
    FB Greg Coker
    WR Kevin Carlson
    K Donnie Sykes
    WR Andrew Gatewood
    FS Andrew Hodge
    FS Joe Holley
    MLB Andy Stone
    MLB David Smith
    DE Avery Willis
    C Marcus Lee
    WR Trey Newell
    CB Lavelle Stuckey
    WR Jake Swain (JUCO)

Commits
    [​IMG]:3stars: MLB Andy Stone commits to Minnesota. Andy is from Shorewood, Wisconsin and said his family is from Minnesota but his father had to relocate with his company to Wisconsin. He is salivating at the chance to return to his home state and hates living in Wisconsin. Andy is 6'0 and 249 pounds.​
    Scouting Report- He isn't an appealing recruit but if he develops his abilities he could be a starter his senior year.​

4. controllerabuser

2010-2011 Schedule
    [​IMG][​IMG] W 35-30
    [​IMG][​IMG] W 14-10
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. controllerabuser

Starting Roster
    QB Marqueise Gray
    HB Deleon Eskridge
    FB Jon Hoese
    WR DaJon McKnight
    WR Bryant Allen
    TE Eric Lair
    LT Ed Olson
    LG Chris Bundles
    C DJ Burris
    RG Matt Carufel
    RT Jeff Willis
    LE Anthony Jacobs
    DT Jewhan Edwards
    DT Brandon Kirksey
    RE DL Wilhite
    LOLB Mike Rallis
    MLB Gary Tinsley
    ROLB Keanon Cooper
    CB Michael Carter
    CB Troy Stoudemire
    FS Kim Royston
    SS Kyle Theret
    K Eric Ellestad
    P Dan Oreske
    KR Troy Stoudemire
    PR Brandon Green

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

O you know I'll be keeping up with this!

7. controllerabuser

I am dropping down to 7 minutes.
    • Game took FOREVER to finish with 4 extra minutes.. I don't know why.. Might have just been because MTSU was a no-huddle team. And I think the game just got out of hand as MTSU had 9 turnovers.

8. controllerabuser

They'll Take It
    Minnesota starts off the 2010 season with a close win over Middle Tennessee State.
    [​IMG]
    First touchdown of the 2010-2011 season.
    The Minnesota Gophers start the season out right by traveling to Middle Tennessee State and taking care of business. The Gophers walk away 35-30 after a dismal offensive performance. The defense was shredded apart but somehow got the job done with key turnovers and touchdowns.​
    Marquise Gray didn't live up to the coach's expectations as he went 6-14 for 70 yards and 2 interceptions. Deleon Eskridge got 25 carries on the day ending with 107 yards and 1 touchdown. Our go to guy in the receiving game only registered 2 catches for 34 yards. He looks to be a great player for us but we have to get him the ball.​
    Our defense played decent for the 1st game of the year. We don't have the highest skilled players but we have some potential on our roster. Brock Vereen had 2 defensive touchdowns today for the Golden Gophers as he took an interception to the house and grabbed an option pitch. The Gopher defense made 5 interceptions along with 4 forced fumbles. I believe all the fumbles were the result of hits and not strips.​
    Can't say I am impressed with this victory. Had MTSU made so many turnovers we could have been blown out. We need to come up with an identity on offense. Luckily, we had 3 defensive touchdowns to give us the ball game. That won't happen again.​
    [​IMG]
    Brock Vereen with an interception.
    [​IMG]
    Michael Carter looks to be a play-maker, seen here trying to take an interception back.

9. controllerabuser

Narrow Escape
    Golden Gophers survive a thrilling 14-10 game against Syracuse.
    [​IMG]
    Carter bats away the 4th down pass to give us the game.
    The Gophers returned home to face the Syracuse Orange in TCF Bank Stadium for the season home opener. We almost let the fans down. Down 10-7, Marqueise Gray would find Dajon McKnight on a 30 yard touchdown to take the lead. Syracuse would not be able to answer back as Michael Carter knocked away any chance at a comeback on 4th and 19 shown in the picture above.​
    The Gopher defense shaped up and held Syracuse to 153 yards total offense. We forced 2 turnovers but gave the ball away 3 times. Gray improved greatly from last game, he was 15-28 for 209 yards and a TD toss. Deleon Eskridge was benched after a fumble and poor attitude. He finished his day with 12 carries for 45 yards. Insert the new starter, Duane Bennett, who also fumbled but really showed he belongs ahead of Eskridge. He averaged 5.1 yards per carry. Bennett rushed for 72 yards on 14 carries and ran one for a touchdown. Dajon McKnight really came up big before being injured on his touchdown as he caught 6 balls for 99 yards. Brandon Green had 4 receptions for 59 yards. Michael Carter continues to be a playmaker for us as he lead the team in tackles with 6 and of course knocked down the biggest pass of the game. Kyle Theret had our defense's only interception.​
    [​IMG]
    Bennett scores to put the Gophers on the board.
    [​IMG]
    Dajon rumbles his way into the endzone dragging 2 defenders.

10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Wow good stuff ca

11. controllerabuser

USC @ Minnesota won't be happening probably till Saturday or Sunday. Busy week.

12. controllerabuser

Finally got some time to play this. Will be going down after I recruit.

13. controllerabuser

Upset City
    The Golden Gophers pull off the unthinkable!
    [​IMG]
    Marqueis Gray scores 2 touchdowns, this is one on an option.
    What many thought couldn't be done has just happened. The Gophers defeat the mighty Trojans from the West Coast, 24-21. Although we needed a lot of things to fall our way we get the job done and improve to 3-0 on the year. A big step was made today as we move in the right direction. It was tied going into the 4th quarter, 14-14. 2 touchdowns from Matt Barkley to David Ausbery and 2 touchdowns by Marqueis Gray who is quickly becoming a dual threat monster. USC would march down and Dillon Baxter would score on an 11 yard run. However, instead of falling apart, the Gophers would respond by putting together a brilliant drive of their own and capping it off with a 1 yard touchdown by Deleon Eskridge. Eskridge showed today the reason he is the starter and that he should continue to get 20+ carries a game in order for this team to succeed.​
    21-21, USC tries to push the ball to within FG range. Barkley would try to force it as he gets hit which pops the ball in the air and allows Gary Tinsley to grab it. A huge mistake by the Sophomore from USC. The Gophers get the ball, I believe inside the 30 and run it to about the 20 yard line. Snap good, hold good, kick good as the Gophers take down the Goliath in the #11 USC Trojans.​
    I was very impressed with Gray's improvement in passing as he didn't throw any interceptions. He also ran 8 times for 83 yards and 2 scores. Eskridge went over the century mark on 17 carries. Defensively, Keanon Cooper and Gary Tinsley were the anchors totaling 16 tackles together. Tinsely and Troy Stoudemire made interceptions.​
    [​IMG]
    Barkley gets hit resulting in a interception which sets up the Gophers game winning FG.
    [​IMG]
    Troy Stoudemire makes an excellent interception.

14. controllerabuser

[​IMG][​IMG]

Should take place sometime tonight or tomorrow hopefully if everything goes down right. Stay tuned.​

15. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I like this thread CA, glad you started it.