Minnesota Vikings Season 1 Transaction Log

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CWT 3000, Sep 8, 2010.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Minnesota Vikings Season 1 Transaction Log

The Vikings have decided to part ways with QB Sage Rosenfels reported by the Star Tribune. The player had previously asked for a trade out, but was kept on the roster in case Favre actually called it quits.

In minor rumblings the team has gone out and signed Free Agent C Kevin Mawae to a 2 year deal estimated at $6. Asked about the move coach Childress said, " We felt we needed more depth and experience at the Center position, and Kevin was available." The coach also mentioned more moves on the Offensive Line could take place if expectations aren't met.

Dropped: QB S. Rosenfels 69 ovr
    Added: C K. Mawae 84 ovr

2. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

MN Vikings Transaction Report

Detailing previous reports the MN Vikings released C J. Cooper reports Ed Werder of ESPN. The 2nd year player was arrested on DUI charges leaving an unspecified bar in Downtown Minneapolis. Officers pulled over the vehicle Cooper was driving along Hwy 394 for failing to signal lane changes. Shortly thereafter, the the player was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and was taken to Hennepin Medical Center for a blood test before being booked at 3:48am. Upon further inspection of the athlete's vehicle investigators found 2 kilos of cocaine and a dead hooker in the trunk. Cooper's lawyer defended his client Wednesday morning, but more details have yet to surface. At this point Cooper looks like football isn't a part of his future and should be ignored in the deepest of leagues.

To fill the vacant spot on the roster the Vikings have signed RG Kendall Simmons to a 2 year $3 deal. Simmons put on a clinic for the Vikings while in town and showed he still has some left in the tank. Mike Goff was the only other Offensive Lineman flown in for a physical. Kendall will compete with Adam Herrera for the starting RG spot.

Dropped: C J. Cooper 63 ovr
    Added: RG K. Simmons 76 ovr

3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

The Vikings have released (DT) L. Guion and added vetran LB A. Pierce.

4. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Trade involving Giants-Vikings

MN Sends:
    DT P. Williams
    DE E. Griffin
    CB L. Sheppard

MN Recieves:
    CB C. Webster
    DT J. Alford

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The Vikings released J. Kleinsasser
    The Vikings signed K. Curtis

6. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Hhaaha. Thanks man. I was going to update tonight as I haven't been around for a couple days. I'll have my Salary spreadsheet filled in tonight as well.

CWT 3000