Miss st. Beats Michigan

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by smlVICTORIES53, Oct 13, 2011.

1. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

For the third time in 4 seasons Mississippi St. beats Michigan. This game was a tale of two lop-sided halves of football. Miss st. was on fire in the first half jumping out to a 31-3 lead made possible by a very opportunistic defense. The bulldogs intercepted the wolverines 4 times in the first half and returned one of them for a TD. The running game was hitting on all cylinders and with the short field the defense was giving the bulldog offense it didn't take long to jump ahead. The passing game early was spot on when it was used. The bulldogs QB Murphy burne the wolverines with a perfectly thrown 71 yard bomb. Everything was going the bulldogs way. Murphy ended the day with 2 TD passes, one of which is a mystery. For some reason an option pitch was counted as a pass.

Second half rolls around and everything changes. Michigan changes quarterbacks and gains momentum. The running game which had been stifled in the first half got going and Michigan moved the ball at will. By the 4th quarter Michigan had pulled within 14. The wolverine defense showed up and shit down the bulldog offense in the second half and forced 3 interceptions. The bulldog passing game was not in rythm and useless. The running game was pretty much shut down. The line was getting manhandled and the backs no longer had creases to gash te defense with. Miss st's defense was able to force 2 more interceptions that sealed the game for the bulldogs.

Have some highlights I'll try to upload tonight. GG Twister18

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Good report... Twist pointed out that you had played in a bowl game as well as the 2 scheduled games... I didn't know about that one but will make a note... It's just that most of the user/user games are gonna be Big Ten vs. SEC because Pac-12 teams have 3 user games locked every year it seems like.

3. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Lol it's all good. Thus was the first scheduled game. We have played two bowl games

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Oh then I take back my apology.

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I think smalls just took pity on me. Gg. Those picks just killed me

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Twister's Wolverines are defintiely a 2nd half team...now to get that 1st half down!