Miss St. presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Miss St. presser

[​IMG]

Talk about the ups and downs of this season?

What does MSU have to do to catch LSU and Alabama?

How's recruiting shaping up?

2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Talk about the ups and downs of this season?

This has indeed been a season of ups and downs. After starting 2-0, we dropped 4 straight SEC games, two of which (Auburn and South Carolina) we should have won. The ups have come in playing LSU, Alabama, and Georgia all very close. But I know that close doesn't cut it, and our players know that. A win over Ole Miss will go a long way towards building momentum for next season.

What does MSU have to do to catch LSU and Alabama?

Show up in the fourth quarter and overtime. We were up 2 scores on LSU going into the 4th and had Bama right where we wanted them in OT. We have to finish those games in order to climb the ladder and compete for the SEC West.

How's recruiting shaping up?

In a word: terribly. Recruiting has suffered this season due to the 4 game losing streak. We are starting to pick it up at the end of the season and will hopefully land some 4 star talent going into signing day. Look for the Bulldogs to shake things up in this area next season.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

No one gave you a chance aginst USC. You guys played better than the experts expected. Who played well for you?

What can you take from a loss like that against a power house?

4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

No one gave you a chance aginst USC. You guys played better than the experts expected. Who played well for you?

We came out and played well at the start. We held USC and took a 7-0 lead and stopped them on 4th down at the goalline. But a safety cost us big time. USC scored on the next possession and then never looked back. The bright spots were Tyler Russell (minus the interceptions) and Laron Byrd, who could be the first WR off the board in April's draft.

What can you take from a loss like that against a power house?

That we have not yet arrived as a program.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Big win vs UT coach, talk about it.

How do you feel about your chances going forward for a SEC title birth?

How has your quarterback play been thus far?

6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Big win vs UT coach, talk about it.

The win against Tennessee was huge. Coach Cimmy's team was extremely well coached and David Oku was a monster. The win gave us a fighting chance to make some noise this year. It was a back and forth encounter. Plain and simply, it was hard nosed SEC football with guys going as hard as they can for 4 to 6 seconds on every play, if you know what I mean.

How do you feel about your chances going forward for a SEC title birth?

We know that we are going to have to get some help to get in. Of all the contenders, we are in the toughest spot since we do not control our own destiny. We'll do our best to play our part in the drama.

How has your quarterback play been thus far?

Quarterback play has been solid. Tyler Russell is an outstanding player. He has made mistakes and thrown interceptions, but he has also led us to 2 come from behind wins in the 4th quarter against FSU and now Tennessee.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach it's all or nothing, you guys must win out to win the West. Talk about how your team will focus it's energy vs The Tide.

How is recruiting going with the resurrecion of this program?

What has been the highlight of the season up to this point?

8. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Coach it's all or nothing, you guys must win out to win the West. Talk about how your team will focus it's energy vs The Tide.

We know that getting a win in Tuscaloosa is no easy task. That being said, our guys have been really focused in practice this week. We think we have a great gameplan ready, and we're excited about executing that plan on Saturday.

How is recruiting going with the resurrecion of this program?

Recruiting is starting to pick up. There are a number of 4 and 5 star prospects across the country who are beginning to take a serious look our way. With another solid year, we are going to make some noise in recruiting.

What has been the highlight of the season up to this point?

The high point has been the manner in which we have finished games. I am referring specifically to the comebacks against FSU and Tennessee, as well the victories against Auburn, Arkansas, and Kentucky. We would have lost a couple of those games last year; this team has the character to fight for those victories.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Congratulations on becoming bowl eligible coach, did you expect to have MSU going bowling so soon?

With the success of this program your name has been referenced in relation to some college football power houses, how have you handled the rumor mill?

More specifically my sources have told me that your name is on top of the list to take over FSU, can you elaborate on that?

10. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Congratulations on becoming bowl eligible coach, did you expect to have MSU going bowling so soon?

Well we went to the Music City Bowl and lost to a good Va Tech team last year. Our goal at MSU is always to make a bowl game. We are disappointed in our recent loss to South Carolina, but we're looking to finish the SEC season strongly in Oxford.

With the success of this program your name has been referenced in relation to some college football power houses, how have you handled the rumor mill?

Those things happen in a season. Our players know how much I care for them and how strongly committed I am to Mississippi State University (loosens neck tie...)

More specifically my sources have told me that your name is on top of the list to take over FSU, can you elaborate on that?

[​IMG]

I plead the fiz-IF

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach you been dodging these questions like Vince Vaughn all season. So tell us now why the switch?

There are some pretty talented coaches going into the ACC this year between yourself Coach JCA and Coach Drunken. Clemson is playing for the national title. Do you believe the ACC can be as dominant as The SEC and Big 12?

WHen you met with your players, how did they take it?

You have two new rivals in Urban Meyer's Gators and Coach JCA's Miami Hurricanes, any messages for them?

12. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Coach you been dodging these questions like Vince Vaughn all season. So tell us now why the switch?

um...yeah...

[​IMG]

There are some pretty talented coaches going into the ACC this year between yourself Coach JCA and Coach Drunken. Clemson is playing for the national title. Do you believe the ACC can be as dominant as The SEC and Big 12?

For years the ACC has been labelled as the Almost Competitive Conference. I think we can spice it up. Within 2 years an ACC team WILL win the national title.

WHen you met with your players, how did they take it?

They were pretty supportive and upbeat:

[​IMG]

You have two new rivals in Urban Meyer's Gators and Coach JCA's Miami Hurricanes, any messages for them?

[​IMG]

We back baby! (vomit vomit)