Missing User Games - Thoughts

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Razcalking1978, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Missing User Games - Thoughts

Hey folks. We had our first incident of a missed user game tonight, and I thought I'd post a little bit about it.

I know that we all have lives, and that those lives can sometimes get in the way of our fun. But what people have to realize is that the other user has organized his life to be avaliable at that time. It's like being left hanging when you're supposed to meet a buddy for drinks - not cool. Do your best to pop on and let the guy know you can't make it.

So here's the deal. You miss a user game, the following happens:

1. The other guy gets to play your team vs. the CPU. Doesn't matter if you could get it in some other time - you miss a set time, they get the advantage.

2. You'll be missing out on that 5-star recruit bonus next year for making all of your user games.

If it becomes a habit, like more than once a season, we'll find someone else.

All of this is flexible, of course. We're mostly adults here. You end up in the hospital or something, it's a whole new deal. The other user will still get to play vs. the CPU, but the rest can be discussed.

Thoughts?

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Seems fair enough.

3. Larsccw

Larsccw Guest

Agreed, makes sense.

4. SUPERMAN2972

SUPERMAN2972 Guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not think this was fair. I work in a prison where you are mandated overtime from time to time which was case last night. This rule was not put into effect until after the fact. I have to accept the commish's decision but i have never missed a game, i have started posting like i was asked to do, i have done everything that has been asked of me and i am one of the original players who have never missed a game or deadline. Like i said i have to accept this decision but it's not fair so let's get all the rules ironed out before the new game comes out

5. Razcalking1978

I guess the question is, what's the alternative? Real life messed you up, but what about Bruce sitting around for hours twiddling his thumbs waiting?

We can't do extensions here with both leagues running on the same schedule.

So I can understand where you're coming from, and I know you're a solid guy that gets his games in. It sucks that work interferred, and you're right, it would have been best to get the rules ironed out ahead of time.

6. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I just feel like the more communication the better. And even with perfect communication nothing is ever going to be perfect. I think that if everyone knew your work situation ahead of time maybe instead of playing the game they would say hey he must have had overtime and we can try again tomorrow.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The rule for the 5* bonus was definitely clearly defined, but I am kind of with Superman on this one. The advance isn't until Sunday night at 11pm anyway, so why not try to get it in again? If there are still scheduling conflicts then yeah, the guy who got stood up the first time should get to play the CPU, but every effort should be made to play all user games, right? Why be in an online dynasty otherwise?

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    I realize that I am in the West, but here is my opinion.

As someone who has to work overtime with no notification, I can sympathize with Superman. It would be different if he was late with the advance, but they have all day today. There are users in the West who don't have their CPU games done yet.

I for one know that if I schedule a time and get stuck at work, I would like the think everyone else would be a little understanding.

Shaun

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I understand also, real life gets in the way and should always come first.

Maybe no penalties should apply this time, or whenever a legit excuse is the reason for missing a scheduled game time.

At the same time I stayed home last night when I could have went out and done something else.. waited around in the dynasty for over an hour.

I was there and shouldnt have to make more time to play the game if I dont have it. I like everyone else here has alot of other things to do.

If someone doesnt show up, the guy who does should be able to play the game within a reasonable amount of time and not have to carve more time out to do it.

10. Razcalking1978

So let me get this straight - shaun, basis, exactly how long should I have waited to let Bruce play the CPU?

Should I wait till an hour before the advance and then tell Bruce "Hey, guess he's not showing up - play now or it's simmed".

I have absolutely no way of knowing when a guy who doesn't show up eventually will. Maybe, like superman did, he'll pop up the next morning. MAYBE HE WON'T, and then the guy that did show up gets screwed.

I'll favor the guy that does show up and sits around waiting every time. Or should he waste his entire weekend waiting for the other guy to pop up?

It's a valid excuse for not showing up as scheduled, so we can waive the loss of recruiting bonus.

11. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

sounds fair to me.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Maybe asking Superman whats going on and going from there would be better than just putting him on auto right then and there. He did say he could play at other times, too. Bruce pretty much gave him an hour window to get the game in because he was away and then had to play a TT1 game.

I don't disagree that Bruce should get to play the CPU if Superman couldn't play -- thats definitely fair. However, I think waiting to hear from Superman or trying to reschedule the game could have been done.

13. Razcalking1978

So how long should I wait? You really think that Bruce should have been forced to sit around waiting to see if the other guy would eventually show up?

Guys, if something comes up and you can't make your scheduled game and you can't post beforehand to let the guy know, then he will get to play against the CPU. Every time. I really think it's the only way to keep things fair and on schedule.

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No, not at all.

15. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

It sucks that superman had to work and I know that there is nothing he could have done to let Bruce know he wouldn't be able to make it. But I agree that it isn't fair to Bruce to make him wait and try the next day. What if Bruce was going to be out of town all day sunday and that's why he scheduled to play saturday night.

I think the most fair thing to do is let Bruce play the CPU and not take away the 5* bonus just like Raz is doing.

16. SUPERMAN2972

SUPERMAN2972 Guest

Like i said before i am ready to take what ever penalty there is. I just wanted to voice my opinion. I dont want to cause any problems. I respect the league and every player in it. It just good we iron out all the kinks before NCAA 10 comes out. On a final note i think all 3 of our commish's are doing a outstanding job under difficult situations. Keep up the good work. And i would like to apoligize to Bruce which i should have done in the first place.

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

No need for apologies Super, stuff happens all the time. This is for fun and a hobby, and shouldnt be taken too seriously.