Mississippi St Bulldogs - 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Mississippi St Bulldogs - 2012

Mississippi St. 21 USC 52

The Bulldogs went into this game looking for a statement win for the program. Yeah...right. After going up 7-0, Miss St was outscored 52-14 by robo USC.

We'll look to rebound next week against FSU at home.

2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

FSU @ Mississippi St

Florida State 27 Mississippi State 28

This game will go down as an instant classic in Starkville. After the game coach 2Bits said "I would like to than God and sdid for giving us another shot." I was playing this the first time and the Mrs. popped some leftovers in the Microwave and blew the circuit breaker at the crib. On to the action.

Florida State opened up the scoring on a Tyler Russell FUMBLE which the Criminoles took back 38 yards. Laron Byrd, who was huge in this game, scored on a 14 yard slant to tie the game at 7.

FSU would respond on the next drive with a 10 yard TD run and then tack on a FG to take a 17-7 lead into the locker room.

The teams traded TDs in the 3rd quarter, and after FSU added a FG to push it to 27-14, the cowbells fell silent.

BUT NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND. Russell would hook up with C. Smith on a screen pass, and then, after a huge fumble recovery by the MSU defense, Tyler Russell would hang in the pocket and hit Byrd on a 7 yard strike, easily the play of the game. MSU's defense would to the rest to finish off a quality opponent and build momentum going into the SEC schedule.

[​IMG]

THE PASS...

[​IMG]

...and the catch

Next: @ LSU (controllerabuser)

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Auburn @ Mississippi St

Auburn 10 Mississippi State 20

The Bulldogs come out and punch an undefeated Auburn squad directly in the left testicle. No seriously, this game was a classic SEC slobber-knocker. After trading FGs, Laron Byrd made a nice adjustment on an "in" route to snag an 8 yard TD from Tyler "I threw 2 INTs again" Russell. 10-3 Fighting Cowbells.

[​IMG]

Laron Byrd fights of an Auburn defender for this score

Both teams traded punts into the third before a craxy mutha fucka named Chad "straight outta Mississippi" Bumphis made the play of the game:

[youtube]SFSMS9pN05A[/youtube]

MSU would get a Tyler Russell TD to take a 17-3 and never look back.

Next week will be interesting as coach Cimmy brings his Tennessee Volunteer squad west. SEC east teams historically struggle in Starkeville (who the fuck knows why, MSU sucks - but anyway, I digress). Both of these squads are looking to break into the SEC's elite. Which one will gain the upper hand?

Tyler Russell: 17/24, 261 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT
    Montrell Conner: 19 car, 63 yds
    Laron Byrd: 10 rec, 138 yds, 1 TD

Tyler Robinson: 7 tackles

4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Tennessee @ Mississippi State

Tennessee 17 Mississippi State 21

Before I say anything, let me preface my summary by saying DAVID OKU IS A MOTHERFUCKING BEAST!! Ok...I'm good now. Seriously, it good 4 or 5 guys to bring him down on several plays. On to the game.

This was an important game for both teams in their quest to shake up the perennial powers in the SEC. Tennessee has looked really good in games this season, while Mississippi State has looked good in spurts. Let's just say if you didn't buckle your chin strap for this one, you were losing your helmet.

Tennessee got it started right from the opening kick. They pounded Oku, and pounded Oku, and pounded Oh...a pass?

[YOUTUBE]68VOdbk2zLM[/YOUTUBE]

TOUCHDOWN TENNESSEE!!!!

Mississippi State, after a few exchanged punts with the Vols, would punch it in on 4th and goal from the 1. 7-7.

Tennessee would respond right away. The play action off Oku was killlllllller...

[YOUTUBE]3L5v4Zv9SZw[/YOUTUBE]

The Bulldogs would hang around though. Miss St's D kept Tennessee out of the end zone, and eventually Montrell Conner worked the ground game inside and out. This 3 yard score tied it up:

[YOUTUBE]jRXMNb1DJxc[/YOUTUBE]

Tennessee added a FG, and so Tyler Russell took the ball with just over 4 minutes remaining and led Miss St on a controlled 3 minute drive which was capped by the play of the game:

[YOUTUBE]WKKzxZuVw2Y[/YOUTUBE]

This 5 yard pass sealed the victory for the Bulldogs

great game Cimmy

Next: Arkansas (3:30 CBS)

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Arkansas @ Mississippi State

Mississippi State's D is STOUT in 20-6 victory over Arkansas

The Bulldogs would get touchdowns from Chris Smith (90 yard reception) and Laron Byrd (1 yd TD run) in a defensive battle against Arkansas. The Razorbacks would cross the Bulldog 30 yard line only twice on the day, as Fletcher Cox and the Mississippi State D did their part to keep the quest for Atlanta alive in Starkville.

...I couldn't get my sweeeeet picture of Fletcher Cox doing damage to upload, so I'll just say Fletcher Cox did some damage.

Next: vs. Kentucky (3:30 CBS)

Tyler Russell: 17/25, 278, 1 TD
    Montrell Conner: 14 car, 37 yds,
    Chris Smith: 3 rec, 107 yds, 1 TD

Flectcher Cox: 7 tack, 2 sacks

6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Kentucky @ Mississippi State

Bulldogs survive late surge by the Wildcats, win 35-26

Despite shaky quarterback play (Tyler Russell threw 3 INTs) Mississippi State moves to 4-1 in conference play with a win over Kentucky. Coming into this game coach 2Bits knew that Kentucky was a serious threat in the vertical passing game. Wildcat QB Morgan Newton didn't disappoint either. The senior put up 308 yards and 3 TDs to keep Kentucky in it until Chris Smith took a quick screen 13 yards to the house to extend the lead for good late in the 4th.

[​IMG]

Fletcher Cox tells Kentucky QB Morgan Newton to have a seat in the 2nd quarter

[​IMG]

Chris Smith FTW!

Nect: at #1 Alabama (7:00 ESPN)

7. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

AT&T Cotton Bowl

[​IMG]

Mississippi State 17 Colorado 10

This game turned out to be a defensive struggle throughout. Neither team could get it going offensively in the first quarter. Late in the 2nd the Bulldogs would put together a drive and cap it off with this Montrell Conner run:

[YOUTUBE]vZtIwGQeIOo[/YOUTUBE]

Mississippi State controlled the clock to start the 2nd half, taking the opening drive down field and scoring on this Chris Smith jet sweep:

[YOUTUBE]_sDtjTvkaOs[/YOUTUBE]

The Buffs would not go without a fight. Colorado mustered a great drive by keeping coach 2Bits' D off balance. Colorado capped the drive with this Cooper TD:

[YOUTUBE]ixTCOXdSQ4M[/YOUTUBE]

The teams exchanged FGs in the 4th quarter. Colorado was driving to tie, but with no timeouts left was stopped inside the 5 yard line to end the game.

great game bc

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

It was a fun game.

9. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

no doubt. Good luck next season.