Mississisppi State Bulldogs

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by 1ke, Jul 31, 2009.

1. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Mississisppi State Bulldogs

Starkville
    [​IMG]

2. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Recruiting

Miss. St. Recruiting Trail

It was kinda difficult to get a grip on recruiting because I got i late, and the board I wanted needed some drastic work. Not only that but Miss St. has a pretty young team. Only 12 seniors on the squad with only 3 needs total. So with that and some searching, I was able to find a couple of players that are decent and fill needs. It was too late to get any studs interested, so I just got a bunch of guys.

Seth Merrick - 6'3" 166 lbs HB 5*
    Chris Douglas - 6'4" 300 lbs DT 5*
    Nick Bryant - 5'8" 200 lbs RB 3*
    Mike Johnson - 6' 190 lbs ATH 3*
    Martin Jackson - 6'2" 283 G 3*
    Jason Robertson - 6'2" 295 DT 3*
    Ben Sullivan - 6' 195 lbs HB 3*
    Kevin Gray - 6'3" 313 lbs T 3*
    Kyke Hollis - 6'3" 308 lbs G 3*
    Brandon Anderson - 6'4" 234 lbs MLB 3*
    Jason Palmer - 6'4" 222 lbs TE 2*
    Pete Porter - 6'4" 246 lbs DE 2*
    Chandler Mason - 6'3" 220 lbs QB
    Adam Smith - 6'4" 247 lbs MLB 2*

3. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Vanderilt

This was a user game vs the head honcho.

Hotrod as Vandy.

He jumped right on us right away. My team thougt it would be cute to fumble constantly, and that helped him out a bit. By halftime came the score was 28-3.

In the second half, the coach made it quite clear that he wanted his boys to play hard and make it respectabe. The DE Brandon Cooper took those words to heart. He had 9 tackles, 6 ftl, and 4 sacks. Because of that, the oddest thing happened. Miss St made their way back into the game. But it was too lattle too late as HotRod had a hell of pass to seal the deal.

First game, and it was user v user with a new team. I was pleased with the outcome.

4. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

LSU

Week 4 vs LSU

This was a tough tough game all around. And a huge game for a certain individual. Tyler Russel, a 6'5 220 lbs true freshman QB. He was redshirted since week 1, but after a series of injuries, one being serious, that was taken off and he was given the rkeys to the car.

He did not disappoint, he did a solid job of keeping his team in the game. 16 for 24 with 3 td's and 2 ints. Not bad for your first game, and and having it be against LSU.

The stoy of th game though, was MIss Defense showing up, and oig bye bye all in the same game. They played great in the first half, yet in the second half, they could not find their way. With Miss St leading by 8 with 1.30 left on the clock. LSU had their chance to take the game, and just about did all that. They scored a touchdown on the last play to bring it within 2 points. The two point conversion though, was a quick slant that looked to be caught, but the ball popped out as the WR got hit. Miss St wins the game by 2 points, and escapes with their 2st conference win.

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Cincinnati

Week 5 Vs Cincinnati

Final score....34-27 2OT

Miss St seemed to be in control once again heading into the 4th quarter. But once again the defense had some trouble to hold onto the teams lead. Cincy scored with 6:43 left in the game and once more 24 seconds left in the game.

All hope was thought to be lost, but the kick return after Cincy's second TD was returned to the Cincinnati 8 yard line. It only took one pass, but Miss St got it in and headed to OT.

In the first OT, the teams traded FGs. It wasnt until the second OT when fireworks took place. After a run and a sack, the Bulldogs were left with a third and long. A pass lay that developed well after escaping the pocket, turned into a TD for the Bulldogs. The defense was able to hold on and the Bulldongs once again came away with another heart pounding win.