Mizzou Routs FSU

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hornfaninbama, Sep 3, 2012.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Columbia, MO- Missouri welcomed the undefeated #2 team in the country to Faurot Field and shoved them out as big time losers. Mizzou racked up 508 yards of offense and held the Seminoles to 1-9 on 3rd down to take a 45-24 win.

The story of the day was James Franklin who continued his torrid start going 9-9 for 310 yards with 3 TDs. "Everytime I connected with a WR they seemed to break it long." Franklin hit Waters for a 57 yard score, Washington from 81 yards out and also from 80. Franklin also scored 2 rushing TDs in the 1st quarter one from 21 yards and a beautiful keeper from 49 yards out.

Mizzou got out to a quick start forcing 2 three an outs by FSU and tuning them into franklins 2 TD runs. But FSU made a comeback in the second thanks to 2 strikes from EJ Manuel. 7 yarder to smith and an 81 yard strike to Greene. Mizzou answered back though on a beautiful 57 yard pass from Franklin to Waters. "He was running that option route, I just needed to see where he broke. The safeties didn't cover him so I just tossed it up and let him run underneath it." the pass gave the Tigers a 21-7 lead at halftime.

Missouri was able to strengthen their hold on the 1st play of the second half. Franklin hit Washington for an 81 yard TD. "I saw the safeties both creepin up, and audibles to a quick pass, when we snapped it the inside CB came on a blitz and I dumped a pass over the LB in man coverage." That pass opened up a 28-14 lead. FSU tacked on a FG but Mizzou took a long drive and finally punched it in on Josey's 2 yard plunge to get the lead to 18.

The next TD pass from Franklin was probably the only one that was a questionable read. He threw a short pass to Washington and almost had it picked. Instead Washington brought it down an again outran everyone to the end zone. And the game was over. FSU threw in a garbage TD and Mizzou added a late FG to finish things up at 45-24.

"I was extremely proud of our guys this week, they could have come in and laid down. After a loss last week and the #2 team coming in. But they practiced hard and wanted to get the sour taste out of their mouths. We've played an unbelievably difficult schedule so far. For us to be 3-1 After 4 games against top 10 teams makes me very happy. We've got a long way to go but we can make this a special season."

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE GAME:
    James Franklin: 9-9 for 310 yards and 3 TDs added 9 carries for 124 and 2 TDs

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE GAME:
    Andrew Wilson: 6 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 2 sacks