ML Team Opening - Texas Rangers

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by NeuroticTruth, Feb 7, 2014.

1. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    The Dugout

The Rangers are now open. Priority may be given to current ML owners, so if you're a current ML GM and are interested in switching to the Rangers, please post your interest.

The NBL GM that will be taking over whatever ML team is open is HarkTheSound

The position will be filled during Sunday's sim.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Hmmm... Really wish they would have come open a few years ago.

3. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Awesome. I highly doubt the Rangers will still be there for me, so I'll just wait and see what happens with the other users.

4. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    L2R

5. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Is priority given to guys that have been in Japan the longest? Im assuming Hark has been at Seibu since the beginning, but if not - Im just wondering why I would have been passed over.

Thanks

6. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    By my understanding, it goes off of what has been achieved mostly. And who they feel is most ready for the differences in the mlb.

7. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    There are varying factors that go into it, but I cant speak for why everyone else votes the way they do. Personally, I factor in activity and success in NBL more so than time (but time does play a factor in my decision).

8. OMlawdog

Should the votes be public - I mean, if Im going to be stuck in Toyko forever - i guess that is fine, but I just don't understand the process - the guy who got Cincy had been in JPL for 3 season and had two losing seasons out of those three and he got the job.

I mean this is the starting group:

# 1 : redwings - Tigers
    # 2 : Smalls - Seibu Lions
    # 3 : KDP - Ham Fighters
    # 4 : Shark - Giants
    # 5 : Peench - Rakuten Eagles
    # 6 : Lawdog - Tokoyo
    # 7 : Pitt - Carp
    # 8 : fuzzy - Chiba Lotte Marines
    # 9 : Hova - Dragons
    # 10 : Blaza - Buffaloes
    # 11 : Marty - Reds
    # 12 : bulldog - Hawks
    # 13 : diddy - Rangers
    # 14 : Roggie - Baystars

I mean KDP is now the Red Sox, Blaza is the Marlins, Peench is the Angles, Roggie is the cubs, Hova is the Reds, and now Hark gets the Rangers.

I mean looking at this list - am I the only original member still in the NPL that hasn't moved up? And now we are promoting guys that didn't even start in the league? Did I beat too many people back when I was playing Madden?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Time has nothing to do with it. One guy has taken a team of shit and gone to back to back championships, winning one. Tokyo hasn't won a championship yet. Makes sense to pick the guy who has done more in less time, if you'd ask me.

Not saying that as a knock on you. He just did what I did and took shit then turned it into a contender in less than 2 seasons.

10. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I've got two World Series appearances. :troll:

11. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I cant speak for all of those promotions as I wasnt involved in all of them. Again, activity plays a large part into it as well.

12. OMlawdog

Fair enough, since promotions are arbitrary I would think it would be fair to post the votes. So guys that are getting passed over can try and start posting more content like the owners that have been promoted.

13. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Seriously? Pitt is one of the nicest guys on this site. He made a mistake.

14. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    He knows I'm messing with him. We always joke around with each other on Skype.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Ok - my bad.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Content and activity play a large role in my votes. If I forget that somebody's in the league outside of exporting I'm probably not going to vote for them to move up. As of right now my vote would probably go JohnyClutch -> one of Lawdog/Pitt/Redwings

17. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

To be fair, I did join in the middle of the 2022 season - the year after you guys started. I've felt like I have contributed solid content and been active on the forums and Skype chat. Not trying to brag, but after taking over a relatively bad team, I've done this during my time with Seibu. Hope that warrants a promotion in the eyes of most.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    At this point it looks as if no ML teams want to switch. That being said, congrats HarkTheSound.

BigSmooth33 dont forget about this.