MLB 11 the Show game impressions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PepperNY, Mar 7, 2011.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Ok fellas its nearly here. I know I for one wont be getting the game till I get off work tommorrow but for any of you late night guys who score a copy after midnight please post us your impressions of the game after you have had the chance to play a few games. Look forward to reading some impressions tommorrow.

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I cant get it tonight either. Got a big day at work tomorrow and I have company staying over at my place. I really can't wait to get home and dig into this game!

3. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    yeah I am not getting it until after classes tomorrow around 4 or 5pm

4. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I will definitely let you guys know some of my impressions. I am pumped!

5. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Just finished my first game.. below is the box score.. here are my impressions..

Good - Looks really really really good.. commentary is still phenomenal and in depth.. Pretty good soundtrack (put my own music in anways).. gameplay wise it was fine have not played enough to really give a true description of it yet.. but I really enjoyed the game I played..

Bad - When you create a franchise there is a fake news article on your front page. For the Brewers page it mentioned Ken Macha still as the manager which is not the case anymore. Thumbs down. Also, when I was warming up Takashi Saito when I brought him in to the game from the bull pen, during the warm up pitches the catcher was catching the pitch and asking the 3rd base umpire if the swing was checked or not.. but there was no swing and no batter lol.. just the warm up pitches.. it was weird and happened 2 or 3 times during the warm up.. also, seems like online servers are currently down..

Here is the box score of the first game of the franchise I started and played with the Brewers.

[​IMG]

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Nice GTG, looks like the screen shots are pretty impressive. What was the process for uploading the screen?

take PS3 snapshot
    Save
    Upload to USB
    Upload to photobucket?

7. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Yep exactly what I did.

8. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I've never done a PS3 snapshot. Is that feature limited to The Show and is it found in the game features menu?

9. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

The Show is the only game I have done it with. You just go to the replay, set the replay screen how you want it.. go to the ps3 menu with your middle button.. go to photo.. and there will be an option that will say save screen shot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Emmdotfrisk

Damn, I was hoping that you could pull photos from online like EA

11. CHUNKNESS

knowledge is key. thx Gates. ;)

12. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

First impression, it's harder to hit. So hard that I threw a no-hitter in my 1st game winning 6-0. It shows 5-0, but that's because the guy quit in the top of the ninth when I started tattooing the ball. He probably didn't want the no-no to be official.

Either way, here is the glorious proof.

[​IMG]

13. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]

Beltran takes AJ Burnett yard in a 2-0 Mets win over the Yanks

14. CHUNKNESS

so hard that you had 12 hits and 5 runs?... ;)

nice work TJ. Hail the Halos.

15. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I was able to play 3 games last night. My initial impressions of the game are pretty good. I had no issues with lag whatsoever in my 3 games as the game played very smooth. Few things I noticed while playing are once you make a move with your fielder its very hard to just change direction on the fly so if you make a wrong move initially specially while fielding ground balls your in trouble. Hitting is very hard at least for me right now, I know I have struck out about 40 times in 3 games lol so the hitting difficulty is alot harder then last year. Its looking like All Star difficulty is going to be the way to go this year as me and GTG played on Hall of Fame and there were 30 strikeouts between the 2 of us, we werent even close to hitting most pitches lol.

Unfortunately I have to wait 2 weeks before testing out the online league feature as I got the message "your account is new and must be 14 days old to commish a league" Total BS move by Sony knowing that everyones account would be new on launch day. I did however like the initial options that I saw.

16. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

forgot to mention they have signatures on theshownation.com

[​IMG]

17. Townie33

Townie33 Walk On

"Friends List" vs "Buddy List

I saw my "Friends List," but I couldn't find where to start a "Buddy List" for the game. I'm sure I am just missing it.

I didn't get near as much time in as I had hoped. But I did get in one game online with a friend of mine from Cincinnati. Played Reds @ ChiSox.

Since I had just popped game in I had no idea how to set up my online settings I was still playing non-analog in this game. No, I could NOT tell what my opponent was set up with. But now I have my own online settings good to go. I may need to go back and change them after playing analog offline and getting POUNDED. I could hit, but my pitcheer sucked a$$.

I really liked that I did NOT see his pitching meter or analog meter. My buddy commented he didn't even notice it was gone. But he did say that "now that you mention it," he used to read the meter to tell if a FB was coming (full meter). I could only count TWO hiccups during the whole game. But then again I really didn't have many problems in last year's version. My PS3 is HARDWIRED to my router.

I set the game up (if I remember correctly) at: Veteran Hitting, All-Star Pitching, All-Star Fielding. Final was 2-0 ChiSox as Konerko hit a 2-Run jack off Bronson Arroyo in the 5th or 6th. Mark Buerhle got the "W" for the Southsiders.

Game looks great.

I spent a little time toying with the HR Derby. I like the improvements to the camera angle that will follow your JACK on some of the replays. SWEET! I do have the PS MOVE and it adds to the fun especially if you have some guests. Nice touch.

I also like the NEW addition to the BATTING PRACTICE mode. It is definitely worth checking out. Instead of just climbing in the cage and taking some hacks, the game gives you some things to work on and you can earn points if "successful." Good stuff here.

Hopefully more stuff tonight.

18. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    My impressions:

Very fun. Some of the ratings seem off but I am sure a custom roster with full minors will be made soon and most of those issues will be resolved. I enjoyed playing GTG and Bobjr from TF online. We played on All-Star with classic settings and just didn't guess pitch and it seemed to work great. Strikeouts weren't too high on All-Star and hits weren't running rampant either, it seemed perfect.

19. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Here was the first game GTG and I played. He was beating me in the second but our games froze. Anyway, score was fairly low and the hits and stat line was consistent with a real MLB game.

Thoroughly enjoyed it!

[​IMG]

20. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I will say amongst the things already mentioned, the key thing I like is the ability to save a Franchise game in-game. I can't remember if this was in last year or not.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Emmdotfrisk

I haven't played an online game yet. The first thing I do is fire up the RTTS and play a month of that before I start my Franchise. Mixed amongst that I will throw in some spring training games. I have never played a lot of online games like Sciko (who plays a shit ton), but I might have to try.

22. Emmdotfrisk

In my first game I actually thought hitting was easier than it was last year. What do you think Sciko?

23. Emmdotfrisk

@Scikotic

Also, if TSO was running a throw a no hitter and win a prize competition you would have won already, you bastard

24. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Actually, I was 4 innings deep into my second game when the guy quit because he felt he was getting screwed (he kinda did). A few errors and a botched call at home plate got me up to 4-0, and was throwing yet again a no hitter. Not sure if it's because people are testing out analog and they just suck at it or what, but I have 13 innings of no-hit ball. :p

Anyway, I will be out for the next 3 days, so when I get back in town I need to get this bad boy cranked up.

25. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

@Emmdotfrisk

Yea, it's not too difficult if you can get the bat on the ball. it seems that if you are going to make contact, it's pretty easy to get a hit. However the big key is making the contact. I am struggling with that so far. I think I struck out 13 times in my first game.