MLB 11 the Show League interest thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PepperNY, Feb 1, 2011.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]

This thread is intended for the interest in a league here at TSO for the upcoming release of MLB 11 the Show which should be the best baseball game ever from an online league perspective. I'm looking to hear from people that are committed and determined to help the league succeed. Baseball i sin my blood and my first love, yes even over Football. I am determined to make this work this year and hit the ground running well before release date. We will have a clear plan well before the game ships but right now I am just looking to see how many people will be getting this game and how many already know they'd like to be a part of this league. If your wondering how many teams I am thinking to cap it off between 16-24 teams depending on interest level.

Here are some key points in this years online additions.

League Miscellaneous:
    -The commissioner now has some additional important tools to run the league: Reset games, sim games etc.
    -The commissioner can assign certain commissioner tasks to members of the league if he is not around. There is a screen that has the members of the league where you can check off certain tasks for a specific person. Extremely useful for keeping the league moving when he is not around.
    -If the league sits idle for 2 weeks with no interaction it will be shut down and cleared.
    -You will be able to run some tasks for your league through the Show Nation Website.
    -You can individually check off your message notifications for deletion in your mailbox!
    There appears to be no timer anymore per series. I was surprised at this as I was told it was left up to us.

Game Miscellaneous:
    -All the default camera views are available for online!
    -Your opponent will no longer see your meter when pitching.
    -You do not have to have the same options as your opponent ie. Hitting and pitching etc.

Here is a trailer to get you pumped! (FROM 08, BUT PUMPS YOU UP NONETHELESS)

Its almost baseball season fellas! Don't miss out on a chance to be in what I hope is one of the best leagues out there!.

Interested members:

1. PepperNY
    2. Scikotic
    3. BradKaz96
    4. Hulk_Hagen_55
    5. ChildPlease9
    6. Bruce80
    7. KnightNoles
    8. BigSmooth
    9. Maximus21
    10. areedr811
    11. JCSpartan
    12. RedAL925
    13. controllerabuser
    14. Jam
    15. Emmdotfrisk
    16. Papa Perry
    17. BlondeRedHead
    18. BAKEdaSnake
    19. MoonBBad
    20. sdid22
    21. bk
    22. Ohdaesu19
    23. _MG_
    24. Randiesel75
    25. Jeremy (needs to accept my invite)
    26. Bobjr0526
    27. Darlon (needs to accept my invite)
    28. f4cekha0s
    29. DrunkenSoldier
    30. xx Vols xx
    31. Pacalon
    32. G_T_G
    33. Townie33

Yellow represents I have recieved your yahoo request and you have accepted mine.

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

*Drools*

3. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Count me in

4. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

i will be getting the game for sure, not 100% if i want to join an online league yet though. ill make sure to keep it in mind. as for interest though count me in, it wont take much to twist my arm to join, lol

5. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I'm not looking for a firm commitment as of yet just interest. I will be updating the original post so we have a good idea on everyone that is interested.

6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Sounds great, Rob. A few questions not only for my knowledge, but perhaps for others out there who may be interested and would like some more details regarding your league...

• How many games/series are owners expected to play each week?
    • What kind of pitching rotation are owners going to be able to use?
    • For what duration do you expect the league to remain active?
    • How many seasons do you expect to complete?
    • How many games will be each season be?
    • What kind of activity will be expected of the owners (game/series recaps, highlights, stats, etc.)
    • Are you taking team requests? If so, what are you doing for those teams that receive multiple requests? If not, how will the team assignments be determined?
    • Will trades be an option? If so, how will they be monitored?
    • How will the schedules be determined?
    Feel free to elaborate if there's anything else that I haven't touched upon, but would provide additional insight to your league. Looking forward to it! Thanks and good luck!

7. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

All good questions Doug. Some of those details will be ironed out and discussed prior to starting of course but I can give you the geneal idea on what I am thinking:

• How many games/series are owners expected to play each week? TBD but I am expecting 2 game series and 2 games to be played per week.
    • What kind of pitching rotation are owners going to be able to use? 4-5 man rotation
    • For what duration do you expect the league to remain active? I am hoping for a late March start date running up until July/August when Football starts where I know interest will die down
    • How many seasons do you expect to complete? that will depend on how smooth the 1st season goes but I dont see why we cant get in 2 seasons if we can keep things moving
    • How many games will be each season be? TDB but I want to say somewhere around 25-30
    • What kind of activity will be expected of the owners (game/series recaps, highlights, stats, etc.) Game recaps of the winning teams will be required and all additional content will be highly encouraged. i will be doing some additional league content myself and hope to see others follow suit.
    • Are you taking team requests? If so, what are you doing for those teams that receive multiple requests? If not, how will the team assignments be determined? Not taking team requests at this time. Still tossing around ideas on the best way to handle a team draft. Maybe a draft lottery type deal to make things interesting.
    • Will trades be an option? If so, how will they be monitored? There will be a trade committee and my goal is to be using the Online league feature this year and it is alot more advanced then past seasons.
    • How will the schedules be determined? Unfortunately we have no control of the schedule so whatever is generated we are stuck with.

Here are some more details on the online league setup so hopefully this will satisy the appetite of alot of people and answer alot of questions.

This was posted over at OS for community day with the Devs for MLB 11 the Show

Online:: Last year we saw some big strides with online as a lot of content was added but with additions came growing pains as it took a while to get things ironed out to work properly. For some it left a sour taste in their mouth as leagues had to be restarted several times. Lag seemed to rear its ugly head once again for some while others had none. Even with the big jump in content we were still missing some components needed for running a successful league.

Community feedback has definitely paid off once again as it brings us closer to the end goal of a feature rich online league. While there I was able to navigate through some of the menus. A lot of work was being done in this section but I managed to set up a league. The league set-up is familiar as in the past but there is a little more freedom. Lets walk through the set up:

Name: Your league name goes here!

Slogan: We still need to put something here.

Round Robin or Divisional (2,4 or 6 divisions)

League 1 NL (You have an AL and NL League where you can customize the name)

League 2 AL

League Sign up: Private or Public

Max Teams: up to 30

Minimum skill: Generally set to rookie

Maximum Skill: Generally set to Legend

Playoff teams: depending on how many teams there are you can choose between 2, 4 or 8. There are no byes in leagues so only even numbers

Team select: Commissioner picks his team here

Games per series: 1 or 3

Total series: This is the amount of series’ you want to have which would include intra/inter-league matchups to round out the schedule

Series per division opponent: You enter how many times you want to play teams in your division.

Series per interleague: Number of series you want against the other league.

Playoff series length: 1, 3, 5, 7 (This is huge this year because this is no longer tied to your games per series number!)

League Length: The number of days to complete the league (It currently goes to 162 days but would be a problem for a league doing a full season. They are looking to extend the days more or adjust fatigue a certain way to compensate for this)

Player Draft: On or Off (If on then:

Draft round timer:

Draft Day:

Draft Timer:

All Trades: On or Off

Auto Resolve: On or Off

Pitching Difficulty:

Hitting Difficulty:

Fielding Difficulty:

Guess Pitch: On with the different options like last year, no feedback or off

Hot Zones: On or Off

Strike Zone: On or Off

Balks: On or Off

Injuries: On or Off

Umpire strikes and balls variable: On or Off

Presentation: Broadcast, Real Time, etc.

Ejections: On or Off

HR Camera: On or Off

Sliders: You can adjust your own or upload a slider set from the vault

Rosters: You can now upload custom Rosters for online leagues now!

After you run through this it then brings you into the league breakdown with all the divisions. You are automatically put in a division within league but you have the ability to move yourself. Here you send invites and now you can have CPU opponents in the league. You can kind of use them as place holders in the league if you want people to join where they can take control over the CPU. If you wanted, you could set up a whole league of cpu players and just have yourself play in the league. Very cool addition.

League Miscellaneous:
    -The commissioner now has some additional important tools to run the league: Reset games, sim games etc.
    -The commissioner can assign certain commissioner tasks to members of the league if he is not around. There is a screen that has the members of the league where you can check off certain tasks for a specific person. Extremely useful for keeping the league moving when he is not around.
    -If the league sits idle for 2 weeks with no interaction it will be shut down and cleared.
    -You will be able to run some tasks for your league through the Show Nation Website.
    -You can individually check off your message notifications for deletion in your mailbox!
    There appears to be no timer anymore per series. I was surprised at this as I was told it was left up to us.

Game Miscellaneous:
    -All the default camera views are available for online!
    -Your opponent will no longer see your meter when pitching.
    -You do not have to have the same options as your opponent ie. Hitting and pitching etc.

There is a lot to chew on for online this year as we got some of the missing pieces that were sorely needed. With regards to lag we had some conversations about this and they are doing things to address the situation. Time will tell come March 8th! See you online!

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

@PepperNY

Hey Pepper, I will get this up on the main page for you. If you have any other stuff in the future you would like up on the main page as well, please send me a pm.

9. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Thanks, I appreciate it

10. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I am definitely interested, if non-premier members are welcome.

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Post on the main page is up

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I am interested.

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

You know where I stand and what I am trying to do

14. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I'm definitely interested. I was in one of the leagues that was set up last year but I dropped out because the lag was pretty bad. If that has been fixed (I'll believe that when I see it) then I certainly want in on this.

15. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Wow, alot of interest from guys I didn't know played. Where were all you clowns last season?

16. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

premier membership only applies towards football leagues at this point, so your good to go.

17. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

. Book it... I'm in

18. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Thanks for clarifying Ryno, I had already added him to the interested list. [​IMG]

19. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Interested!

20. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I've ran 3 of these in the past (08, 09 and 10), 1 of which was unsuccessful since the lag and difficulty league glitch was a killer with last years game. Here are the settings we used...

======================
    League Setup:
    Divisions: 2
    Playoff teams: 4
    Games per series: 3
    Series per division opponent: 2
    Series per non division opponent: 1
    Series Duration: 5 Days
    Draft: off
    Trades: off
    Auto resolve: ON (What this means is that 24 hours after the series duration is over the system will randomly choose a winner and clean up the week.)
    Difficulty: HOF
    Guess pitch: Off
    Pitching interface: Meter
    Base-running control: Default
    Strike Zone: Off
    Hot Zones: Off
    Injuries: On
    Umpires: Variable
    Ejections: on
    Fielding view: Broadcast
    Home run cam: On
    Presentation: RTP or Broadcast
    Sliders: Default

The League will consist of 3-game series and 5-days to complete each series, which includes 2-series of Intra-League play and 1-series of Inter-League play. The 3-man rotation will apply to all teams since the series length is 3-games. 4-teams will advance to the playoffs.

21. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'd be interested to play as my tigers.

22. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Damn PS3

23. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

[​IMG]

Get in line JC...

24. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

we were stuck in the lag.

• Like Like x 1
  25. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I will also be looking for 2-3 people to help run this thing so we can have solid support. If I have to run this thing myself I will but I'd prefer some help so if anyone is interested please send me a PM so we can setup a time where we can discuss things