MLB 13: The Show

Discussion in 'MLB: The Show' started by Randiesel75, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Let's get those impressions up, need something to look forward to while the game awaits me at home!

2. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Love the Postseason Mode, set it up to last years. Graphics look really sweet this year.

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Ok any kind soul who has the game mind giving me some input ?

Like how is RTTS ? Any nice improvements ?

Offline Franchise get anything cool this year thats new ?

Any other cool tidbits ?

4. GatorBait617

GatorBait617 Walk On

THE BEST BASEBALL GAME EVER MADE !!!!
    THE INTRO MADE ME JIZZ MYSELF !!!!

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Without question the best gameplay in a sports franchise ever made. Just sayin

6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

What has been improved on this year ? I am still unsure if I wanna pick this up or not

7. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

I will have to do a breakdown later i was only on for 5 mins for some quick BP. RTTS has been overhauled though

8. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

IGN said it had a lot of bugs which they were disappointed about and I think they rated it an 8.8

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Thanks man I have been trolling everywhere trying to get something that would excite me a out this game , I'm a RTTS junkie so I liked most of what I saw

10. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I haven't picked it up yet, but I know the Franchise mode got a big makeover. Scouting and player development seems way better.

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The game is very solid. I am a huge rtts guy and have always played the game offline in " franchise" mode. Haven't dug into the franchise mode yet but will over this weekend, I think they have done some really cool stuff with this mode as well.

Rtts has been redone but not totally changed or anything...haven't had enough time to give it a real breakdown yet...but it will grab you if you like the mode, hours will go by and you won't notice till you look at the clock.

I love The Show as much as any game that has a yearly release and this game is going to eat all my non tso football game time.

If you love Baseball this game is a must own IMO...it's the game that would make me buy a ps3 if I didn't have one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

13. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

Hey guys, just wanted to jump in here and see if anyone is interested in joining a fantasy baseball league. We have 4 slots of a 10 man league still available. PM me if you would like the invite info, thanks.

14. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Picked up the game about a week ago. After Dling the patch the game itself is playing great. The ball comes off the bat better this year than ever before IMO.

Simmed 1 season in an offline franchise and I think the regression system is still broken even after the patch. Players like Pettite/Kuroda/Rivera/Jeter/A-Rod lose anywhere from 10-15 OVR points during the season and first off-season. The computer even moved Jeter to AAA and replaced him with Nunez. Also, I had to move Andy and Kuroda to the bullpen and make Phelps and Nova full time starters during the season because of regression. A-Rod dropped all the way from around a 90 to a 70 by the end of the year.

I could see certain aspects of players games regress during the season for older players (position players: Power, speed, base running) pitchers (velocity, stamina) but not to were they are unplayable or have to be benched because they are shells of themselves. The regression was across all categories. That definitely still needs tweeking.