Mlb 2k12 Online Leagues

Discussion in 'Tradition Baseball' started by Mike E, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

What is the story on this game? I have searched the web, came to the end of the internet and found very little in the way of useful information regarding online leagues. If they could just come close to what NBA 2k12 did I would be all in for an online league.

JFace907

I tagged you due to your wealth of knowledge on this sort of thing...

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Pastapadre's had an article pretty much saying this should be the end of MLB 2K. They didn't make any extra effort to make the game any better and the online leagues remain unchanged.

3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

damn shame...

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

From my understanding it is the same league feature it has been (and what NBA used to be). The only "new" feature in terms of game modes 2K12 has is MLB Today Season. Instead of playing "play now" games of that days RL games, i guess there is a season mode now. The game play though still looks good and i'm taking advantage of the MLB/NBA combo pack and selling the extra copy of NBA so i basically get MLB for half off...

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

yeah thats a pretty good deal. i may do the same

6. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Is there going to be a 2k12 league set up here? I should be getting the game tomorrow and would love to get some games in.

7. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

How would people feel about a fantasy draft league?

Unfortunately with 2K's league setups is that only the teams selected rosters are available for trades. No other players are available (for example if we do a 10 team league and no one chooses the Mariners, King Felix is not in the game at all). If we do a fantasy draft league it opens up the entire MLB roster...

8. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

You mean as far as trades go or things like that? Would it be possible to just do a season like they do here on FIFA? Just x number of head to head games instead of a "league"?

I'd be open to a fantasy draft too, or really anything that would justify me buying the game, lol. Playing against the CPU is fun and all, but I've yet to finish a 2nd season in dynasty mode or whatever its called now. 162 games is just so long.

9. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I bought the game, isn't that enough to justify your purchase? Serious, I'm off on Friday. Let's play sme ball over a 6 pack!

• Like Like x 1
  10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Trades, free agency, anything. The only thing against doing "play now" games like the FIFA league is you HAVE to play with the living rosters. So if anyone gets injured IRL, they are blocked from being used in the "play now" game. If you're ok with that, then so be it. But you are at the mercy of your RL counterparts transactions (injuries, callups, send downs, etc) and progressions/regressions.

11. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Hm, fair points. Like I said, I'm up for anything if there's enough interest.

12. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

i will say this.. i said i wasnt going to get MLB 2K12 bc of the past few years and issues etc. but i traded in NBA2K 12 and Battlefield 3 for the MLB 2K12/NBA 2K12 combo pack.. LOL.. yes, i traded NBA for NBA..

i was a fan of MLB 2K11 pre patch, it played like baseball. yes graphics were horrible, it had some glitches (horrible frame rate drops etc), but it was fun. when it was patched, it then sucked IMO gameplay wise...

now, with MLB 2K12, the gameplay is even better than it was pre patch on 2K11, they fixed the frame rate issue from the past few years. now all foul balls and plays down the line are silky smooth. so, its a fun game of baseball for now LOL, if they patch the game again and ruin it im gonna be livid!! LOL.. i also figured what the heck, this might be there last game so just added it to my collection.

i had a perfect game/no hitter last night ruined by Jason Bay.. he dropped a fly ball in the 5th inning with 2 outs (MLB Today Mets vs Astros), runner advanced to 2nd. they ruled it a hit and then gave an error on the runner advancing.

Santana 9.0 12K's

Mets 4 - Astros 0 Final (Grape Fruit League)

side note, Bay made up for his mistake with 2 HR's and all 4 RBI's LOL.. that was the closet i ever came to a perfect game or no hitter since Tommy Lasorda Baseball on my Sega!! soooooooooooooooooo pissed...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

so how many guys here picked this up? not many i take it..

14. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Just got it today actually, playing my first game now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Mine will be coming in the mail next week. My cheap ass went with free shipping :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I have it, love it. Started my MLB Today and won my first spring training game.

Will be online tomorrow night if interested.

17. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I had free shipping with release day guarantee through Amazon + $10 preorder credit. Are you ordering from the wrong place?

• Like Like x 1
  18. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Its called living in Alaska

• Like Like x 1
  19. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I like this game so far.

20. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I would def be interested in that. I will be getting the game today or tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  21. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Since I dont have the Show, OOTP 13 will be my baseball fix this year.

22. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

That is, until you cave in and get MLB 2K12.

23. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Ive gotten it last couple years, and Im just not impressed with it.

24. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

i havent been impressed with it since 2k6 or 2k7.. this years game takes all that was right with 2k11 gameplay wise pre patch, added better lighting, no frame rate issues (after small patch), and plays one fun game of baseball.

with that said, i dont know how well it plays online. even last year when my buds and i set up a small online league, the sliders always got reset or changed to a different value when nobody touched them. was very frustrating.

25. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

I've just played a couple of quick matchups online and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. I've also been very disappointed in the MLB 2k series the last couple years, especially after being used to the Show on PS3, but this year everything just seems so much smoother. There isn't a lot of change in the actual game play, pitching is the same, hitting, the player career story mode or whatever its called, it's all still basically the same, but once you get into playing a game, it just looks and feels so much better for whatever reason.

• Like Like x 1