Mlb 2k9

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by DigginGraves, Mar 5, 2009.

1. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Mlb 2k9

Anyone get it?

I did... its not a HUGE improvement from last years horrible edition. But its definitely better. Graphics are way better, cut frames are better, presentation is better but the AI and fielding is brutal. I'm from Toronto so I use the Jays. Vernon Wells completely missed a fly ball while standing right under it while I was controlling him..... little frustrating.

It has an online league feature with a Fantasy Draft option.... its only one league season at a time from what I understand. Its not an Online Dynasty but its better than nothing.

Maybe in a couple weeks when more of us have the game we can try and put together a small online league and see how it goes.... anyone interested?

My score for MLB 2K9..... 6.7/10... your scores?

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

how is the offline franchise?

3. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Offline Franchise has a lot of depth, simulated stats seem to be very good. But as always the trade logic is horrible. I posted this in our TTII thread about the game, but in the first Franchise i simmed here is a trade that happened

Pujols, Carpenter, and Duncan for Kazmir, Sonnanstine, and Shields

Overall i think it is a much better game than last year. Yes, the CPU swings a lot but with slider adj's you can make it a little better. Dont get me wrong the game has its faults, but compared to the frame rate issue , and that piece of crap game last year it is a start. I would say 7.5/10.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

when are these companies gonna stop holding back... i swear.. NOTHING should be released with out online dynasty/franchise as a game mode... that is the future of gaming.

5. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Yeah I give it about a 7.2, it's not terrible, it's not great either....better than last year but it's not touching MLB The Show 09

The trade logic has always blown chunks in all of 2K's games, so I'm used to seeing the retarded trades that happen in MLB

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I say 7/10, I have both it and The Show and the Show RULES!

jk but it is a far better baseball game.

7. HoosierHoo

HoosierHoo Walk On

I am loving The Show so far. Unfortunately only had time to play a game and a half, but seems like it's gonna be great.

One of the lead producers on Madden actually started a thread on OS forums complimenting SCEA on The Show. He said all the Madden guys were gonna play the game and take notes on ways they could improve their own game. Pretty remarkable to see that I thought.

8. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Damn, that's nice to see

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

i rented it, the fielding is horrible. I wont be buying, but like someone else said, if it had an online dynatsy feature much like ncaa then it would defintly be worth buying, any sports game would

10. My friend bought mlb2k9 and although the game is better than last year it still is very far from a finished product.

When these type of sports games (like Madden) have no competition (since you can't buy The Show for 360) they put out a sub-par product because they know they can.

So I give this game a 4 out of 10. I'm sorry but when you throw a routine grounder to first and only get them out half the time because the first baseman isn't even on the base that's just to big of a glitch for me to play through.

As for The Show...I have played it also and it completely upstages 2k9. This is a real baseball game that has amazing graphics and a sweet interface. These games are nowhere close to each other in quality and thats the unforunate bottom line for us 360 owners.

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I wound up picking it up, mainly cause I was jonsing for baseball and I don't have a PS3 so The Show isn't an option. Maybe it's because I never bought MLB2k8 but this game doesn't seem so bad. I really like the presentation. The pitching/hitting interface I think is really good. I haven't really played it a ton so I am sure I will see some of the flaws you guys all talked about, but whatever it's baseball.

Anyways, as for the online season thing. While it's not a dynasty, and only 1 year, if anyone was interested in doing this, I'd def be down.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

u might have to play with the sliders after you log some games in......I heard the hitting power slider is jacked up to 80 to start.

My biggest problem with 2K baseball games was it got too easy after a while and hitting home runs was my main source of scoring runs......I would average 1 homer a game with A-rod...........i stopped playing after like 30-40 games and he had like 30-40 homeruns.

13. HoosierHoo

HoosierHoo Walk On

14. HoosierHoo

HoosierHoo Walk On

How odd... :D

15. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I would be down for that also if it was easy to play with a small amount of guys playing.

My schedule makes it tough for too much stuff. But I could handle a baseball game or two here and there.

16. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

As I stated in my first post, im in for sure.

I kind of think it would be fun to do a Fantasy Draft... but I'm good with anything really.

17. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Graves...you wanna organize it? I'm in 3 leagues and the commish of one so I'd rather not be the one to run another MLB2k9 league. I'm not even sure how it works, if there is a commish like in the NCAA leagues. But if there is, interested?

18. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Yeah I'll have a good look through tonight to see how it all works.
    I'll post tomorrow with directions on how it works and how to join.

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

cool deal man

*edit* maybe throw it in the Offline Dynasty Hub? That forum has no action, we can use it for the MLB league

20. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

OK I just checked it out and its kind of ghetto.... haha
    The Leagues have to be 4, 8, or 10 person. We can go higher than that if need be. But I think every game is a user game. I can't tell even till we create the league. If anyone knows anything about dis... holla

21. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

wait...so if it's a 10 person league, the entire MLB is comprised of those 10 user teams? Never play the cpu? WTF?

22. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

I don't know exactly how it works... I can't look in to the league online unless we all join up and start it.

I have looked online for information on the online league... but I can't find anything.

23. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

well if you want to start up a dummy one ill be willing do to it with you. just to see what everything is and what have you. then we can determine what it is and if it's even worth it to ask other guys and do a bigger league

24. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

OK sounds good, probably can't do it tonihgt... But i'll go on tonight and see if we can create a 2 team league... I don't remember if it started at 2 or 4 teams per league.

25. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

no problem, whenever you wanna try just hit me up on xbl