MLB The Show - Release date/plan to kick the league off, etc.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Feb 3, 2011.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I've found March 11... Seem right?

Also, what's the target to get the league kicked off?

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I would say a week most likely.

We should have everything planned out ahead but have time to play some spring training games, check out the lag and any other bugs that might be on the game.

3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Game comes out March 8. I would suggest if there are bugs, wait until April 1 to start. No point in rushing into something with issues still not corrected, and then having to endure all the problems.

4. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I agree, it also ensures we get the opening day roster update. We can run a few tournaments until then so we are playing games.

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Yeah, I strongly agree with waiting a little before we start just so we have everything concrete with gameplay, rules and rosters. No need to rush because everybody wants to play.

6. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I agree, also it would help hash out who is really interested and who isn't after trying out the game.

I think maybe having a tournament or something would be good, just to try out the online play.

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I think the first few weeks will be a testing period to make any last second adjustments to any online issues or shortcomings of the game. That, and getting acclimated to the gameplay.

8. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I think April 1st would be about right. Not sure how rosters will be but by then we will have some bugs worked out. And as always there will be a glitch or two

9. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I am with the majority, April 1 would be a perfect time to start.

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I've got some questions on the structure. How do you plan to do multiple season? Will we be utilizing the custom roster option? Have you thought about having an offline First year player draft with fake players....drafting them offline and then adding them to the custom roster for the start of next season? There some cool things I have thought about doing but they will take a lot of work, frankly I don't have a lot of time to implement them. Realistically the first year player draft could be 2 rounds and be fine for me.

11. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Frisk, my primary goal is to make it through Season 1 first which never happened last year. I have several ideas about things we can do using a custom roster for a 2nd season and I am sure the hardcore guys over at OS will have some kind of rookie players in the player vault that we can add to the roster after season 1. I am real excited about the options we have this year vs what we had last year

12. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

OS FULL MINORS Apparently this year you can have multiple users edit one roster file, so they are going all-out this year. I've used these rosters the past couple years and I've found nothing better. I strongly recommend them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

+1

14. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Yeah the new analog controls might take a bit of time to get used to

15. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

You don't have to use them.