MLS Created Players

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Richuation, Feb 13, 2012.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aseb0seuy0kWdDgxZWI4LUVheXoyV2hmYk5IRjVrOFE#gid=1

MLS Owners,

If you notice that the Feb 23rd FIFA Roster Update does not fill in all of the players as depicted on the current 2012 roster for your team, you have the ability to create these players. When creating these players, I ask you to consider a couple of guidlines.

1. Be fair with assesment - MLS All Stars come in at a rating of 70 or higher, international stars are 80. I can't imagine a situation where we are creating 70+ players, but if the situation exists then be ready to explain. Also, after looking at the top 10 picks of the 2011 MLS Superdraft, the top rated rookies were coming in around 64-66, please use that barometer for your created rookies. Keep in mind, the Top 10 were 64-66, not all of the rookies.

2. Use the all of the tools at your disposal when making a judement of players. Is he a projected starter? A fringe MLS starter comes in around 62-63 overall rating. I personally have been using the New England blog as a great source of info. SBNAtion has a blog for every MLS team. I have quickly become a Revolution expert. http://www.sbnation.com/ -> Right side -> Soccer -> Your team.

3. This is optional. From our best understanding, the MLS rosters will be updated on Feb 23rd by EA. The update will only shuffle already created players within the game. New England for instance will be missing roughly 6 players from their roster that were not created when the original game shipped. I am going to do my best to create these players, and if you would like to do the same please do so. If you dont care and want to use the roster update as is, that is fine also.

4. IF YOU DO CREATE players, please click the link above and add then to my spreadsheet. The players will NEED to be created in http://www.ea.com/soccer/creation-centre. Most likely, the players you need have already been created and free to download. I found these players to be rated too high in general. But, if you find a created player that seems to fit the parameters above, go right ahead. Otherwise, you can create yourself and add to list.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

FYI 2012 Superdraft Results

You might at least want these guys...

First Round

Pick Club Player Note
    1 [​IMG] Andrew Wenger (Duke)
    Position: D/F
    2 [​IMG] Darren Mattocks (Akron)
    Position: F
    3 [​IMG] Kelyn Rowe (UCLA) Position: M
    4 [​IMG] Luis Silva (UC Santa Barbara) Position: M
    5 [​IMG] Casey Townsend (Maryland)
    6 [​IMG] Sam Garza (UC Santa Barbara) Position: F
    7 [​IMG] Nick DeLeon (Louisville)
    Position: M
    8 [​IMG] Andrew Jean-Baptiste (Connecticut)
    Position: D
    9 [​IMG] Austin Berry (Louisville)
    10 [​IMG] Ethan Finlay (Creighton)
    11 [​IMG] Matt Hedges (North Carolina)
    12 [​IMG]1 Aaron Maund (Notre Dame) Position: D
    13 [​IMG] Chandler Hoffman (UCLA)
    14 [​IMG] Tony Cascio (Connecticut)
    15 [​IMG] Andrew Duran (Creighton)
    16 [​IMG] Dom Dwyer (South Florida)
    17 [​IMG] Enzo Martinez (North Carolina)
    18 [​IMG] Colin Rolfe (Louisville) Position: F
    19 [​IMG] Tommy Meyer (Indiana) Position: D

Second Round

Pick Club Player Note
    20 [​IMG] Calum Mallace (Marquette) Position: M
    21 [​IMG] Chris Estridge (Indiana) Position: D
    22 [​IMG] Tyler Polak (Creighton) Position: D
    23 [​IMG]2 Lucky Mkosana (Dartmouth) Position: F
    WATCH: Mkosana in action
    24 [​IMG]3 Diogo de Almeida (SMU) Position: D
    25 [​IMG] Jacob Hustedt (Washington) Position: M
    26 [​IMG]4 Aubrey Perry (South Florida) Position: D
    27 [​IMG] Brendan King (Notre Dame) Position: M
    28 [​IMG] Hunter Jumper (Virginia) Position: D
    29 [​IMG] Kevan George (Central Florida) Position: M
    30 [​IMG]5 Cyprian Hedrik (Coastal Carolina) Position: M
    31 [​IMG] Ryan Meara (Fordham) Position: G
    32 [​IMG] Greg Jordan (Creighton) Position: M
    33 [​IMG] Chris Blais (South Florida) Position: G
    34 [​IMG] Babayele Sodade (UAB) Position: F
    35 [​IMG]6 Raymon Gaddis (West Virginia) Position: D
    36 [​IMG] Sebastian Velasquez (Spartanburg Methodist) Position: M
    37 [​IMG] Warren Creavalle (Central Florida) Position: M
    38 [​IMG] Kenney Walker (Louisville) Position: M

4. weeman11

weeman11 Walk On

Dude that was a wicked post!!! Kudos for the work you put into it!!

5. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Wenger is probably going to be a beast this year. Defender of the year and then offensive player of the year the next year in te ACC. Only te top 5-10 are probably worth making

6. hedache

hedache Walk On

So I have this Wanker? Is he a defender or a forward?

7. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

I think Montreal is looking to put him at forward this year, assuming you mean Wenger.

8. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

I made Gspurning today. From all accounts he's a bit better then Kasey in goal so I made him a 72 which was equal with guys like ricketts, mondragon, and rimando. However they have rost as a 74 and Sean Johnson I only a 64. Those those two need to be averaged out next release.

9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I'm surprised no one ask has offered to help others for a small donation via PayPal. Hint, hint, as I will be making no manual edits to the default squad.

11. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

$59.99 a year subscription to The Richuation roster service. I will make weekly roster updates to the team of your choice.

12. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

An article from Gambia's Daily Observer, says that Toronto FC may be interested in a Gambian goalkeeper, as are three other Major League Soccer teams.
    "And now this week, there are rumours suggesting that Stefan Frei could be heading to either the New York Red Bulls or even the Seattle Sounders."​
    With Keller ($250,000) and Boss ($42,000) leaving the Sounders, the Sounders have an "extra" $292,000 to spend on goalkeepers. If the Sounders release either Meredith or Ford (Both around $33,000) the total could be around $325,000.

Stefan Frei had a base salary of $100,000. The remainder of the money ($225,000) could end up being Michael Gspurning's salary.

For all you FIFA 12 fans, the goalkeeper rankings for the Sounders FC are:

- Kasey Keller: 69
    - Stefan Frei: 68
    - Terry Boss: 59
    - Josh Ford: 57

Also, Michael Gspurning (Austria national team) was a 70 in FIFA 11. What are your thoughts and Frei and my idea for the Sounders FC goalkeeper scenario?

-------

I found that online... based on that, he should probably be no higher than 70

13. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Fair enough I'll drop him down a couple notches. Hard to measure a guy just on reports and I don't have my old copy of Fifa any more. I just knew he was supposed to be a bit better the Kasey.

As for Frei he will not be coming to Seattle and if he does he will be a back up. I love Frei and he is certainly better then given credit for, I mean look what team he's on. But that article was from before the team signed Gspurning, and Ford and Meredith are not yet ready to take up the reigns as back up keepers. I really really hope Meredith get's loaned out to Kitsap, I'm going to miss watching him dominate the PDL like he did last year.

14. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Yeah, its a bit of a guessing game on ratings, but anyone 70 or higher is going to raise flags... likewise, rookies over 65 will raise flags.

15. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Well when you hear training reports and scouting reports saying that the guy is better then the current 69 overall goalie I had to at least make him a 70.

16. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Agreed

17. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Did you at least move Kenny Cooper from Portland over?

18. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

To date, I haven't made any movements or creations.

19. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Go ahead and and him to the google spreadsheet... just click th link above and add him

20. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

What would you say for EJ? I made him as a 69 with the ratings loosely based on the pesdatabase ratings I has for him. The overall I got with those was more in the 72-74 range. I don't know what to do with him because he was a good MLS player but hasn't played in forever.

21. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I was going to say 67-68... so 69 isnt out of reach.

22. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

The two starting strikers for Puebla, who just cut him, are rated 68 and 70... Preston North end, who he played for last, top two strikers are 66 and 62... that is where my 67ish came from... the beauty is, once created, if he starts blowing up in real life, we can adjust player.

23. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

And what do you know... check this site out... holy shit. Every player, every rating. every version. Eddie Johnson was last seen in the FIFA11 Winter update... rated 67.

http://fifa11winter.sofifa.com/player/46727

• Like Like x 1
  24. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

oh. my. goodness. you have no idea how long I've been looking for this kind of database

25. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

NERD ALERT

Would anyone like me to do a quick analysis of their roster to determine missing players and create said players? Basically I will do the dirty work, just say please...