Archived MLS Month in Review: April

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Richuation, Apr 17, 2012.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

In the month of April, we had some major changes around the league that will leave an impact for the remainder of the season. Let's take a look at this month's top stories:

Team of the Month
    [​IMG]

The Seattle Sounders have surged to the top of the table with a 5-1-0 record so far in league play. They currently sit even with Colorado at 16 points, but have 2 fixtures in hand. Manager Dylema has the Sounders playing great team soccer with Eddie Johnson and Montero leading the attack. The defense has been noteworthy as well, surrendering only 4 goals through 6 games.

Player of the Month
    [​IMG]

Alejandro Moreno has taken control of the top of the goalscoring category with 7 goals in 8 games this season. Manager Merih has firmly established who his finisher is this season. Let's see if Moreno has enough to push Chivas higher than 8th in the table.

Man Down
    [​IMG]

Sporting KC will miss Collin's defensive intensity for the remainder of the season. A bona fide MLS all star, Collin was hurt in this post match celebration. With his jersey wrapped around his head, Collin stepped on a waterbottle and broke his right ankle. Manager Connor will surely miss a player with 3 Man of Match awards in just 8 games.

AJ United
    [​IMG]

DC United is fighting to regain composure of their organization when their manager quit on the team at the end of the month. The ownership group scrambled to find a qualified manager to steer the United ship for the remainder of the season. Enter Manager AJ Hart MN with his world class reputation based on his global success. Piloting successful teams at PSG, Juventus, and some obscure French squads, this move has caught the league's attention. It would not be out of the question to see him lead DC straight to the top of the table.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 9
  2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Absolutely brilliant The Richuation.. Fantastic read my friend! One thing though.. Were you basically calling the great French squad Marseille obscure?? :mad: I bet elprez98 also has issues with that ;)

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I am assuming you worked your way up the ranks in the french pyramid... haha... its a reach...

By the way... we got a DC - NE matchup this month... looking forward to it.

5. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Great stuff Rich. Moreno will be key for me as a goal poacher, but Chivas needs to sort out who the control man will be for the attack. The teams play going forward feels disjointed and not as fluid as other teams I've managed. Then again, this is MLS lol

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

The Richuation

I can only make one suggestion, an update on each of the conference point standings to see the playoff race

• Like Like x 1