Archived MLS Month in Review: August

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Richuation, Jul 18, 2012.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Team of the Month:
    [​IMG]

D.C. United was dominating in August. The team lead by Manager AJ Hart MN went 6-0-0 with a +14 goal differential. This performance has catapulted DC to the top of the Eastern Conference by 6 points with 2 games in hand. This is a team that seems flat out determined to not only push Colorado for what seemed to be the out of reach Supporter's Shield, but lock down the top seed in the East.

Player of the Month:
    [​IMG]

Omar Cummings gets the honor as player of the month in August and what is most certainly his last shining moment of the season. Omar eclipsed the all time single season goal record of 27, and even hit 30 before suffering a season ending injury eliminating him from Colorado's plans for the remainder of the regular season and MLS playoffs. Make no mistake, his loss will be felt by Colorado, but the team has rallied around this cruel twist of fate.

One Up, One Down:
    [​IMG]

LA and Seattle are two organizations heading in different directions. LA has quietly snuck up to 2nd place in the West with a strong August. Manager Virulentmeteor5 has his loaded roster finally starting to gel at the right time, with Robbie Keane (10 goals) and Donovan (8 goals, 5 assists) leading the way.

Seattle on the other hand has struggled under new Manager dj illmatic 23 in his first gig in the MLS. According to his wikipedia page, his last managerial job was as an assistant coach in the Seattle area youth league. While this experience is proving valuable, it's unfortunate for the fan base to see their talented team slide straight down the tables. Better days are ahead for the boys in green.

MLS Cup Standings:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

3. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I wouldn't be so sure about that "better days ahead for the boys in green." It's more than likely going to be a historic plummet down the standings.

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Well, it can't be worse, so "better days" ahead (y)

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Great writeup as always Rich.. I'm hoping to keep this train rolling but you probably just jinxed me.. Just have to keep guy's healthy for the playoffs now. Don't want a situation like Noles and have my best player go down. That's a tough call right there.

6. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

BTW, everything changed for DC once I moved Boskovic into the starting 11. He took over De Rosario's Attacking Midfielder spot thus allowing De Rosario to move up front with Salihi. This moved Pontius to the bench which I hate because he's doing so well in real life but this team has been totally different with Boskovic in there.

7. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

i wish i didnt join so late, i took over a team with the most games played in the league and the 2nd least points ;[

8. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Any openings for this league?

9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

We are full at the moment...