Archived MLS Month in Review: March

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Richuation, Mar 29, 2012.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

MLS News and Notes:

In the first month of the season, we have learned about what some of these teams will be bringing to the pitch this season, while other teams haven't seemed to put their boots on yet.

Team of the Month:
    [​IMG]

Montreal has burst onto the MLS scene with a solid 3-0-1 start while only allowing 2 goals in 4 games. Manager Hedache has brought with him the defensive style that has brought success to many European teams, as well as Turkey. Not the animal, the country. His back line is filled with experienced and rugged defenders that fit his style like a glove. Barring a meltdown, this looks to be a formidable unit this season. Not to mention, MLS Superdraft #1 pick, Andrew Wenger will be joining the team in June, after he finishes his beer at Duke University. He was in Montreal this week training with the team, and is looking forward to hitting the pitch in June.

Player of the Month:
    [​IMG]
    Eddie Johnson - Seattle Sounders

Johnson joined the Sounders in the offseason and has made his presence known already. In three games, he has produced 3 goals, 1 assist, and awarded a Man of Match while Seattle has won all three of their matches. He has looked fit and poised to be a contender for the 2012 MLS Golden Boot.

Trouble in the Big Apple?
    [​IMG]

New York is off to a horrenous start. Dropping all 4 of their opening matches while failing to score a single goal has the club and city in disarray. Manager Randiesel75 was brought out of retirement to guide his hometown RedBulls and so far the experiment is failing. The New York ownership team must be regretting the "no-fire" clause in the manager's contract.

Pain in the Morales:
    [​IMG]

In a brutal turn of events, Star midfielder Javier Morales will not suit up for Real Salt Lake for the remainer of the season. In his last game, a knee injury early in the game seemed to be minor as he finished the match. However, after the game, doctors determined his had a ACL tear and it will require surgery. While RSL is loaded with talent and a change in formation and outlook could allow them to recover, Morales is a MLS star and will not be easily replaced. Manager Hammerhead1010 was clearly floored by the news after the match.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

3. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Very fun and interesting first month.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Man, I need to stop smoking spot before my matches :)

5. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

And I was complaining about Nagbe's 3 months.....ouch.

6. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

With 5 matches in April alone, Chivas can make a serious push towards the top of the table. Look for us to be on the next month's summary!

Good stuff Rich, as always.

7. Connor

Connor Walk On

Man I thought getting 4 points would be good for the first 3 games. I just looked at the standings and I'm way far down. Looks like I'll have to grab more points as the season goes on to even make the playoffs.