MM is blowing up again....

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jms493, Feb 18, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

MM is blowing up again....

I think we moved out just in time!! Good move Ryno!!

I really think this is the end of MM and it's existence.....its been a long run but if I were Chris.....I would hit the delete button!:violin:

2. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

what happened?

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

its all contained the the soapbox. The bigger picture is why does the site even exist anymore. I think Chris is tired of paying for it and the member base is skewed to people who just go to the soap box and waste time.

what sparked it was BigWill trying to consolidate some hot chick threads and everyone went freaking berserk..........quite funny.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Yea.. that is exactly why i bailed... but i believe TF bailing also had a hand (as small as it may be) in setting in motion this chain of events that is going to shut down MM as we know it...

Chris even said, right now, there is no reason for a new person to happen along MM and want to join up for any other reason that to post in the Soap Box, which they all detest having to moderate....

When TF was there we were growing and bringing in new members and giving people reason to stop by and check on things GAMING related... The Legendary Veterans are solid and MM Rivals has promise so there was still active leagues, but we took over half of the online gaming portion with us when we left and i think that had something to do with ChrisS decision making.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

MM is now offline............LMAO!

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

OH SNAP

:bangnana:

7. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I was just reading through that thread.....WTF. Sorry to see Helli lose all his powers for actually saying something that was the truth.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL. It was powers that I wasn't using anymore. The thing is, in the past Chris has been really good about taking tongue-in-cheek comments for exactly what they were. This time I guess he didn't perceive that I was messing with him. I have ALWAYS given that kid a lot of crap, and all in good fun, but now he's had enough. I can understand that of course, MM has been a major pain in the butt lately.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I dont need MM...all the guys I need to talk to are here.......fuck it.

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Helli, heres the link to your sig location now.

http://www.setzerproperties.net/TT/TTHellisan.jpg

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

ChrisS is just a kid man, and thinks like one... that became apparent to me a long time ago when he threw mods under the bus for doing things he directed them to do.

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Any leagues over there you guys think we should offer a home to?

13. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think we should bring in who we can. I mean, I think the LV guys have a lot to offer. They also have some web design assets that could help everyone out. Not to mention they are super active.

14. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i just want everyone to understand though, that this isn't MM, and the kind of bafoonery that goes on over there will not take place here.. Im all for having solid active leagues join up... but they will need to keep things reasonably civil and respect TF management decisions as they apply to our branding and site.

im not specifically talking about any one person or anything, but alot of those guys are longtime MM'ers and are use to a certain mindset and i dont want that mindset to creep into guys who post here.

15. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Just be careful with them and being sim. When i was in their league rules meant nothing, taking the dynasty offline to get recruits rankings when they committed, getting the Most, VH's, and such, not saying not to just saying be careful what they are bringing to the table.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Absolutely. I'm not bending our values for anyone. I'd rather boot two dozen people then have anything effect our culture here at TF.

17. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I'm against offering LV any home under the TF umbrella.

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

right on..

I share your concerns guys, trust me...

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I don't really know enough about them to say either way, to be honest. What about the MM Rivals and GBN?

20. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

GBN has some real EA haters... especially their commish, he spews vitriolic hate for EA without trying to be contstructive about working with the developers to better the games...

so i would probably be against it unless they had a change of heart about how the represent TF in the community and work more with an understanding of trying to improve the game instead of just bashing EA for issues with the game.

I like those guys, don't get me wrong, but i want this to be a community focused on improving online gaming, not trashing the developers all the time.

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

MM Rivals is run by some pretty headstrong dudes in Heelswxman and the infamous Roogy...

i would have to talk with them extensively about what we are and how that fits in with their league model and philosophy's.

22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Seems like you have their profile down a bit better than I, so I'll leave it up for you to make the call.

23. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

man, did we get out of there in time...

I would be so pissed off at myself for procrastinating if we were stuck in that situation... man i would be pissed beyond my own comprehension..

instead, im relieved and emboldened about our future here at TF and thankful i have the best crew on online dynasty ballers out there to hang out with..

thanks guys, i love you man...
    :beernana:
    :partynanas:

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I obviously need to get more banana smileys. They are a huge hit here... haha

25. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

they make me laugh.