1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

MMMMMM....RIIIBBBBSSSS!

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Nautica, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

MMMMMM....RIIIBBBBSSSS!

Hey as I promised here are some of the pics from my ribs.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

How long did you smoke them for? What kind of BBQ Sauce?

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I smoked them at 190 for 6 hours, I don't have the best smoker, so that is why it takes 6 instead of 4. I don't use BBQ sauce. I use my rub, brown sugar, and applejuice on them.

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Just look at the pink!

5. BIGFOOT999

BIGFOOT999 Walk On

Those look real nice Nautica... although I have worked as a cook for 5 years, I just dont have it in me to make amazing food like my dad and (seemingly) you have

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Yea, I hear ya. I usually would rub all the ribs, but I'll throw some sauce on some of them..

Either way, they look delicious.

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

When I don't do them Competition style, I'll do em texas style, then use a little home-made when eating them. I use the ketchup bottle technique

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I just started smoking ribs, chicken etc last year. I got the "smokenator" for father's day. If you never heard of it, its way to modify your 22" weber into a water smoker. Really does a nice job. I usually cook mine a little hotter, about 225 for 3 hours and then wrap with the apple juice for another 2 and if I use bbq sauce then I run em dry for the last 45 minutes so the sauce glazes on. I usually use hickory and applewood......what kind do you use? What kind of smoker?

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

right now I am just using a brinkman water smoker. They are very hard to control the temperature. I am building a cooker with a smoker box. better to regulate the heat by adjusting the cap on the chimney stack and the side vent on the smoker box. I like to use white oak. Hickory is nice but you can over-smoke the ribs and it can leave a bad after taste. White oak is very subtle and has a clean taste. I used mesquite today and it has a good taste, not something i would do every day though.

10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

the best thing for ribs is a constant low temp, around 170-190, and constant temp. When the temp fluctuates you end up having to cook them longer.