MMMMMM....RIIIBBBBSSSS!

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Nautica, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

MMMMMM....RIIIBBBBSSSS!

Hey as I promised here are some of the pics from my ribs.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

How long did you smoke them for? What kind of BBQ Sauce?

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I smoked them at 190 for 6 hours, I don't have the best smoker, so that is why it takes 6 instead of 4. I don't use BBQ sauce. I use my rub, brown sugar, and applejuice on them.

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Just look at the pink!

5. BIGFOOT999

BIGFOOT999 Walk On

Those look real nice Nautica... although I have worked as a cook for 5 years, I just dont have it in me to make amazing food like my dad and (seemingly) you have

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Yea, I hear ya. I usually would rub all the ribs, but I'll throw some sauce on some of them..

Either way, they look delicious.

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

When I don't do them Competition style, I'll do em texas style, then use a little home-made when eating them. I use the ketchup bottle technique

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I just started smoking ribs, chicken etc last year. I got the "smokenator" for father's day. If you never heard of it, its way to modify your 22" weber into a water smoker. Really does a nice job. I usually cook mine a little hotter, about 225 for 3 hours and then wrap with the apple juice for another 2 and if I use bbq sauce then I run em dry for the last 45 minutes so the sauce glazes on. I usually use hickory and applewood......what kind do you use? What kind of smoker?

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

right now I am just using a brinkman water smoker. They are very hard to control the temperature. I am building a cooker with a smoker box. better to regulate the heat by adjusting the cap on the chimney stack and the side vent on the smoker box. I like to use white oak. Hickory is nice but you can over-smoke the ribs and it can leave a bad after taste. White oak is very subtle and has a clean taste. I used mesquite today and it has a good taste, not something i would do every day though.

10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

the best thing for ribs is a constant low temp, around 170-190, and constant temp. When the temp fluctuates you end up having to cook them longer.