MMPL Draft Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BlyGilmore, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Here's the order ...

[​IMG]

If folks know their picks they are free to publicly announce them. Once you do its in stone. However, the draft won't officially start until Friday the 24th (unless we have all the player ratings ahead of time).

Remember you are picking players who were drafted in April 2012. Also once a team has a player picked from its roster, no other players on that team can be picked. (So if Trent Richardson is picked that means nobody can pick Brandon Weeden). Also offensive linemen, kickers and punters can not be selected.

Eligible Players:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NFL_Draft#Player_selections

Draft Recap:
    Keller
    Corey Haggard
    Boman5
    mooseboyj
    Ghost
    The Rulah
    Jordan Kleinedler
    BlyGilmore
    CalebMackie
    Drifterbub
    CWT 3000
    bringbackjimmy
    charter04
    sschevyridah
    oneshot24

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

How did I end up with the top pick? I'll pretty much take forever in picking a guy, lol. I want to see the game and check out different positions before making my decision.

3. BlyGilmore

that's fine ... assuming you're an early release guy :)

4. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

4! YES!!!! Ill definitly get the corner I want or possibly Luck. Luck is very slim but at 4 it may fall that way.

5. Keller

One problem I'm foreseeing here.... QB's will be way overpowered compared to the rest of the positions - no?

I dont see how someone who only controls a WR or RB or MLB have any chance to compete with someone whos calling the entire offense and calling audibles etc. Do you guys not agree?

Any ideas on how to make it balanced?

6. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

We could eliminate QB's. Don't see that going over well tho. For that reasoning Im lookin at doing either a HB or CB. The ones I want will be available at 4.

7. Boman5

Boman5 Walk On

Wow! Nice to come in and see myself at #3. How will the draft be conducted?

8. BlyGilmore

just going to do it in this thread or another thread. Folks will make their picks and I'll keep track of what is going on in the top thread.

9. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

so the draft is the 24th right? ill actualy have the game that day!!

10. BlyGilmore

24th unless we can get our hands on all players ratings before that.

11. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I know who my top 3 are, and seeing I pick 2nd, my pick will come very quickly after Keller picks.

12. Jordan Kleinedler

Jordan Kleinedler Walk On

I'm just trying to decide what position I want to play, I can then find a player I'd like to work with from their. And I have early release, I can't wait!

13. Boman5

Boman5 Walk On

Same here, I have a top 3 in mind. So I just need to see what you guys do with 1 & 2.

On another note, less than a week until we get our hands on the early release!

14. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

I dont know what I wanna do! So many awesome people available at #4. IDK who Im gunna get.

15. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

How long are the quarters going to be? I'm thinking about playing defense, specifically linebacker, but I'm a tad worried it will be be hard to meet tackle stats compared to other players if we're playing like 6-8 minute quarters.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  16. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Great question! im thinking of being a CB. My stats would possibly be affected as well. BlyGilmore

17. BlyGilmore

I'm thinking 10 minutes for that reason.

18. BlyGilmore

19. Keller

Except we don't know anything about the dynamics of playing the position. I want to play the game and different positions first before committing to anything.

20. Keller

Wouldn't offensive player stats be skewed up then? Its going to be hard to find a balance I think.

21. BlyGilmore

I think folks need to realize all picks aren't created equal. IMO everything about this experience is on a curve. And you're free to pick a player and experience based on how high you want the deck stacked against you.

So from a balance perspective, we're not going to try and balance so a CB is the same as a QB. It just isn't the nature of Madden or even the NFL. Instead we'll balance to ensure you have ample chance to hit your goals, get on the field and have fun.

To me there are three curves.

First, the position you pick. Taking a QB is the safe choice. Taking a WR is a bit crazier. On defense a DE is a safer choice than a CB, SS or ILB.

Second is the caliber of player you pick. Taking Luck isn't the same thing as taking Tannehill. Richardson is a safer choice than David Wilson.

Third is the caliber of talent ahead of you on the depth chart. Luck is the starter. Tannehill is in a battle. Kirk Cousins will probably sit.

22. BlyGilmore

k - well if we get player ratings for defense ahead of Friday this isn't a possibility. And we're going to start this up Friday around 7 p.m. Eastern.

Honestly I really don't think there's any secrets about playing as one position or another. It'll be very similar to in year's past.

23. BlyGilmore

btw i've also asked Ryno to take some footage of game play from the point of view of an LB or secondary player.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Keller

Yeah maybe. I may just end up dicking around at WR until the Bills draft a QB with their 1st or 2nd pick and then I'll try to win with them.

• Like Like x 1
  25. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Still going with a CB! Strike some fear into those QB's!(Unless Luck is still available at 4)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.