Modern Warfare 3 Info

Discussion in 'Tradition Shooters' started by Cimmy24, May 23, 2011.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

First Gameplay Trailer Released.

http://www.1up.com/news/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-first-gameplay-trailer

Release Date: 11/8/11

Information Gathered from Article:
    - Return of AC130
    - Chopper Gunner
    - Capability to pilot watercraft
    - World War 3 (WW3 shifting to MW3 at video end)

Possible Multiplayer Info:
    - Maps including Manhattan, Berlin, Paris, London
    - AC130, Chopper Gunner
    - Close quarters combat. Very urban. Cities (such as NYC, Paris) could allow "Sniper Alley's". Maps could be very large.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

3. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Looks like it should give Battlefield 3 a run for its money

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thanks for posting this because we don't get TV commercials out here. Ehh, I only play multiplayer so the whole time I'm thinking what the multiplayer maps will look like. I haven't played single player mode since Call of Duty 4 and that was in Iraq on my downtime. If I only had $60 for one game, its still going to BF3. Until the MW series puts more guys on the map and make larger maps I'll probably stay away from it. Thats my selling point on this one, make it bigger or I ain't buying. I will keep an eye on it though.

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

pffft... BF3 will own, especially on the PC

• Like Like x 2
  6. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Yea..you prob right..lol

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Do you need a 'special' PC to play it or are most 'new' computers capable of playing PC games? I'd really love to try to play it on PC if the experience is elevated even further.

8. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You can probably find the minimum specs somewhere - I'd definitely recommend a computer built this year to be on the safe side but if you bought something late last year you'd probably be fine. I mean my PC is 3 years old and its probably the bare minimum you can get by with but I built it specifically for gaming.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Cool. I should be in business since I just bought a new Dell last month (don't laugh:))

10. Keller

I personally think Dell is the best manufacturer out there but what do I know. Like I said, look up the specs for the game - compare it to your PC's specs. My guess is you'll be fine, the only thing you might be concerned about is the video card.

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I've never played any of the BF games. I'll have to give them a try.

12. Keller

BF3 is the successor to what is widely regarded as the best of the BF games, BF2. BF Bad Company and Bad Company 2 were good in their own right, but totally different.

BF3 is going to take down CoD in my opinion, and there is no bigger fish to fry than that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I agree that COD is the bigger fish in this situation, only because of what I saw when I went at midnight to get my copy of Black Ops...over 500 kids waiting, but I haven't played any BF games...going to look into at least renting BF2 and I will purchase BF3 to try it out. If its better than COD it will be worth it. I'll still end up playing both. I'm not that kind of guy who will play Black Ops and say it sucks and continue playing the original Modern Warfare....I always use the last COD game to pre order the next one. Still play it regardless.

14. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Dell is pretty overpriced.

I really enjoyed Battlefield 2. It was a very good game.
    Not sure why, but I didn't enjoy BC 2 all that much. It was alright though.

They're a lot different. It's mostly going to be a matter of which style of play you like best.

If you're at the minimum requirements, I would just get it for XBOX/PS3 so you don't need to play on low settings or worry about it getting choppy if too much shit is going down.

15. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Battlefield 3 will be the superior game but COD will outsell it because sheeple eat COD up. I used to be a huge FPS guy on PC and COD was the shit (I played cod1, cod:uo, cod2, cod4) but it has gone downhill since COD4 and now it is just a re-hash of the same thing over and over.

The campaign will be fun but MW3 will be nothing special on the multiplayer end. BF3 has a new, ground breaking engine and promotes teamwork. I played BF2 and BF:V and BF1942 and it has always been great and highly underrated because it is in COD's shadow. Bad Company 2 finally broke mainstream for console gamers and hopefully BF3 keeps the upward trend going with a more PC-style large maps large scale battle game.

I hope BF3 is the battlefields version of Modern Warfare 1 where it finally blows up to ALL gamers, not just Battlefields usual hardcore PC fan base.

16. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    no you don't, but unless you want to play on all low specs you will need a reasonably high end cpu and card. I have a GTX580 (I got it for free!) so I should be able to run it really good, but I am just not that into PC gaming anymore since all the real good leagues that were free died (mostly CAL) and it is easier to just bring my ps3 to college.

PC FPS > console though, so if you have a choice get it on PC.

17. Keller

I'm expecting so many different friends to be playing it that I will be getting it on both.

18. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    no doubt, I have some PC guys I have been playing with for almost 9 or 10 years now. It is almost sad lol I will probably have to get it for PC.

19. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

• Like Like x 1
  20. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    so good its gross.

21. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

yeah no shit, this is gonna be ill. If they finally have co-op its going to be even more enjoyable

• Like Like x 2
  22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

BF3 is going to be so full of win that their is more hype in the 'MW3 Info Thread' than in its own thread (y)

• Like Like x 1
  23. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I had to like your post. You used ill in it.

I have been a MW3 player but I'm gonna have to give BF3 a try this release. I need a clone to play these and keep up with '12.

24. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I don't think battlefield will ever beat out cod in terms of sells and popularity. Cod is a twitch shooter that appeals to more people than having to actually work as a team.

If it comes down to one game for me I'll be getting bf3 on xbox. I'm the guy that sits back an provides support with a sniper rifle.

25. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I don't even think COD is a twitch shooter. games like counter-strike where 1 bullet to the head and they died is a twitch shooter. COD is just the Rambo of FPS. You can take 50 bullets and not die, call in helicopters, attack dogs, tactical nukes and do it all by yourself to win.