Monday Clubs 11/10

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by nellycuz, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Johnnyblaze

Johnnyblaze Walk On

You know im in... I was thinkin if longlivetheking doesnt get on maybe i shud switch to cdm for the games we dont have one i cud help with thise rediculous through balls

• Like Like x 1
  4. nellycuz

Not a bad idea, let's see who is in then we can go from there..What time can you get on?

5. Johnnyblaze

Johnnyblaze Walk On

Earliest about 7

6. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

I can play tonight, been a while since I played but ready to get back into it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nellycuz

What time?

8. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

I'm off today so whatever you guys decide.

9. nellycuz

K plan on starting 7pm est

10. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

I'll be on at 7est for sure

• Like Like x 1
  11. Keller

I'm looking at houses today at 6:30 (just scheduled this afternoon) - so I will be more like 7:30 I'm guessing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Just hit me up when we start and I'll jump on

13. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

I may be 15 mins late

14. nellycuz

Fellas, we struggled last night! Couple notes, I know I'm guilty of everything too but...

1. Most important thing is KEEP POSSESSION. A lot of our goals against were off of turnovers. Taking too many touches, too much turbo, playing a through ball from the defensive third. Keep possession! Wait for the through pass that will put us in some space. DON'T FORCE IT!
    2. 2 Touches! Something that is stressed on every real life club team! Take 2 touches (sometimes 1) and pass. Myself included, we take too many touches, especially in the back line. Need to get rid of the ball quickly. A lot of teams we play press the shit out of us, we need to get rid of it and create space.
    3. Stay in positions! Lots of times we are caught out of position. Whether it be the CDM too far up, the LM on the right side or the forward too far back or offsides. Outside mids need to stay wide. That's how we spread the ball around and create space. Backs need to stay back for the most part. The occasional overlap is usually on but you can't get involved in every attack.
    Overall I think we just need to stay more disciplined and play simple. I'm ready to give it another run tonight around 730-8pm est till whenever. Gotta get back on the W train. Might have to switch some positions around as well. I think if I play any, I'll put my guy as a CDM or maybe CB to hang with the fast guys over the top. Who's down for tonight?

• Like Like x 1
  15. nellycuz

16. Keller

1. Read and understood - loud and clear. I've already tried to maintain the approach to be more conservative with possession of the ball. I feel like I'm the only person that has no problem dropping the ball back and letting something else develop rather than take guys on to try and push the ball up the pitch. I'm sure that isn't true, but still. It needs to be WAY more apart of our games than it currently is.
      1. One caveat to that - and perhaps this is worthy of greater discussion amongst the group or perhaps I'm just wrong - is that once we're in the attacking 3rd its okay to be more aggressive no? Try to get those through balls in to our guys to try and create chances - try to squeeze passes through. I mean - thats kinda always been my general mindset but I could be wrong since I know diddly squat about soccer.
    2. Agreed. I feel like I dribble less than anyone on our team but this is important. If there are guys open/going on runs make the pass. Pass pass pass pass. Dribbling rarely creates chances for us.
    3. Okay this is an important one for me given that I'm always on the wing. Here's my "off the top of my head" couple rules of thumb I use. Please confirm them or correct me where I'm wrong
      1. Middle 3rd/build up
        1. STAY WIDE. WIDE WIDE WIDE. Give the CAM room to operate. Check to the ball if our player needs an outlet. If not, make runs to open grass.
      2. Attacking 3rd
        1. If ball is on other side of the pitch, be prepared to make runs into the box for a header.
        2. If ball is on the other side of the pitch, look to see if they may be trying to hit a big switch in case you need to get wide.
        3. If ball is in the center - make runs for through balls, offer outlets up the wing for easy passes, if others are in the box fall to the top of the 18 for potential cleanup/headers out of the box
        4. If on ball try to be aggressive to create chances. Get into the box or look for lanes/passes into the box. Look to get deep into the wing to create crosses
      3. Lost possession/Defending 3rd
        1. Try to mirror/match guys coming into your area. If they start an attack on your wing, be there to contest or take away further passes into the wing or into the defending 3rd.
        2. Clamp down/come inside more when defending. Especially if they get near the 18. Be aggressive with tackles as long as its outside the box if they come into the middle of the pitch.

I think that about covers it.

17. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Biggest thing that I think we need to remember...sometimes the best pass is BACKWARDS. Even in the attack third.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. nellycuz

Agreed on all points, very well put coming from a non-futbol head. Just got to be focused more. I think most of us know these things we just got to put it into practice..

19. Keller

I feel like we work well together. We need to make sure we're on the same side so you can go on overlaps etc and get involved in the attack. We've been on opposite sides too much - lets correct it for next time.

20. Brooklynite

Brooklynite Walk On

Are you guys on tonight? I'd like to get in

21. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Dude, if you give me another human back there, we should be great! I'd prefer a CDM with some speed. And if you notice the other CDM creeping up, whenever you control your own pro JET back with him.

22. nellycuz

I'll be around at 730is pm est...I'll see if I can gather a few folks

23. nellycuz

We'll get ya some help tonight..can you play?

24. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Yessir

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.