MOP Vote

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Michael Woodward, Aug 1, 2012.

?

Who is your 2012 Alumni Nation Most Outstanding Player?

Poll closed Aug 4, 2012.
  1. Ibraheim Campbell - 70 tackles, 42 solo, 9 TFL, 1 sack, 7 INTs, 6 DEFL, 1 Def TD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cody Green - 284-402 4152 yards 46 TDs, 34 INTs, 346 YPG, 70% comp, 30 yards rushing, 3 TDs, 7 fumb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bryce Hager - 95 tackles, 60 solo, 19 TFL, 1 Sack, 2 INT, 2 DEFL, 1 FF, 1 Def TD

12.5%
  4. Donnell Hawkins - 77 tackles, 53 solo, 38 TFL, 28.5 Sacks, 2 DEFL, 2 FF, 1 Safety

62.5%
  5. Tim Smith - 63 rec, 1289 yards, 14 TDs, 107.4 ypg, 4 drops

25.0%
  1. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

The time has come to vote for this year's Alumni Nation Most Outstanding Player. After a great season in which the season had few hitches, we will recognize an even greater player with even fewer hitches. Here are the nominees for your 2012 Alumni Nation Most Outstanding Player.

ICampbell.jpg Ibraheim Campbell - Strong Safety (Northwestern) - Ibraheim finished the 2012 campaign strongly to end the season with an interception total tied for 4th in the nation with 7 and was also third on his team in tackles with 70. He also recorded one sack, six pass deflections and a defensive TD. Impressive stats for a strong safety and Campbell was a large part in the Northwestern Wildcats going 8-4 in a tough Big 10 conference.

CGreen.jpg Cody Green - Quarterback (Tulsa) - Green was nearly caught by Baylor's Nick Florence in passing yards but held on long enough to finish the regular season in the number one spot in the NCAA for passing yards with 4,152 yards passing. He finished 5th in the NCAA with a quarterback rating of 178.3 and second in touchdowns only behind Nick Florence with 46 passing touchdowns. Green averaged 346 yards per game and completed 70% of his passes. As mentioned in the shortlist, his only downfall is his interceptions, which grew to 34 by the end of the season and Tulsa rebounded from early losses to win 7 straight and finish 9-3, mainly behind Green's arm.

BHager.jpg Bryce Hager - Middle Linebacker (Baylor) - Not mentioned on the earlier shortlist, Hager came out of no where and finished the season as a tackling machine. Hager finished tied for second in the NCAA with total tackles with 95, 60 of which were solo tackles. Also, 19 of those tackles were behind the line of scrimmage. Hager also added one sack, two interceptions, two pass deflections, one forced fumble, and a defensive touchdown. Hager's determination and ability were enough to earn him a surprise selection onto the list, albeit a dark horse candidate.

DHawkins1.jpg Donnell Hawkins - Middle Linebacker (Tulsa) - Hawkins was an absolute monster this season. He didn't just beat out Baylor's Aaron Lorick for the nation's top sack machine, he destroyed Lorick by 10 sacks! Hawkins finished with 28.5 sacks....FROM THE MIDDLE LINEBACKER SPOT! On top of the sacks, Hawkins added 77 tackles, 53 of which were solo and 38 of them were behind the line of scrimmage. Hawkins also deflected two passes, forced two fumbles, and recorded a safety for his team. These other worldly numbers wowed the selection committee despite the player's weak conference schedule.

TSmith.jpg Tim Smith - Wide Receiver (Virginia) - With Perry Jones' injury, Smith received a lot more action on a very efficient offense for the nation's number one ranked team. Smith finished the year sixth in receiving yards with 1,289 on 63 catches. Smith found the end zone 14 times which was good enough to tie for second in the NCAA. He averaged 107.4 yards per game and only recorded 4 drops. Only a junior, Coach Abom will surely be begging his star receiver to return for his senior year after such a successful season.

makinpropel
    moneyliesey
    CamInMyMind1350
    Abominatrix
    QBKILLAR
    tar heel
    TN_Mike
    NYJuggalo45
    areohhwhy
    derek
    steven.foster

2. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

Went with Hawkins.. 28 sacks is very impressive..

3. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

How in the heck did you get that many sacks!!!

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yeah I must say, the fact that Tulsa has a player with 28.5 sacks (lead nation) and a guy with 12.5 sacks (like 3th) has me questioning it as well.

5. derek

derek Walk On

hmmm...nano? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Yeah I had planned to ask him about it because I was wondering the same thing. You have to be sending your middle linebacker up the middle an awful lot to get that many sacks.

7. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

I'm the Mike LB every play and I think I had 0.5 sacks! haha

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I'm not trying to pile on Tulsa here. I don't know the guy, maybe he just blitzes alot, or the teams he played sucked. But here is the rundown, insanity!:

MLB Hawkin - 28 sacks
    OLB Roberson - 14
    DE Dorris - 10
    DE St John - 9
    MLB Martin - 6
    OLB Brown - 4
    OLB Jackson - 4
    OLB Osbor - 3

His 4th string OLB and backup MLB would have been 1-2 on my team

9. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I know....I told you, I plan to talk to him. Look at the total sacks. Tulsa has something like 84, next team on the list has 48.

10. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

There are 2 OLB spots, so this is only the 2-deep, BTW. My assumption is that a lot of 2-4-5 was run, if there are no DTs to be found. In that case, the MLB may be form-subbed in as a pass rusher. Given the lack of interceptions and the small amount of pass deflections, I believe that's the case, so I'd basically consider him a defensive end. Again, all speculation, because there are 0 video highlights to go by :(

11. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Yeah but there is also a well documented blitz package that glitches out the line so that the MLB gets through untouched every single time and I've actually experienced because a guy in another dynasty was pissed at me for not siding with him on an issue and we played the next week and he ran that every play.....If I didn't throw in 1 second or less, I was on the ground....Couldn't run the ball either. Literally, my receivers didn't even make their cuts before I was hit. I had to call all screens or 2 yard routes.

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

for what it's worth, still voted for hawkin...stats alone, dude was the best player this year

13. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Hm, didn't know about this. Eh, I give users in this dynasty the benefit of the doubt - I certainly hope this blitz package isn't run out of the 2-4-5 :confused:

14. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I do too.....I think he may have found it by accident and just thinks it's a great call because it works a lot and doesn't think about how absolutely unrealistic the results he's getting from it are....I wouldn't think he actually looked it up and started using it knowing what it was or anything like that.

15. derek

derek Walk On

Yea Ive seen video's of guys sending the mlb as part of a nano blitz. Like you guys said I usually give users the benefit of the doubt. I blitz a lot myself because it seems like the dline does not get enough pressure on its own but I blitz from every position. It would be tough to get that many sacks from one player, at least for me.

You also have to consider it's Tulsa and they play in the C-USA so the oline's may just suck.

16. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I asked him about it. He said he usually engaged 8 against the CPU .....He said sometimes he gets burned and a lot of times he gets sacks because he's in the shit CUSA. He agreed to dial it back a bit though because not only is engage 8 every play not realistic but neither is having twice the sacks of everyone else.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  17. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

You've got to be kidding me.

18. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Wish I was. He seems to pride himself on "being aggressive" but I told him obviously the CPU isn't programmed right to deal with it because you can look at the numbers and see something isn't quite right.

19. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

Engaged 8? out of all of my guesses i would have never guessed that.. welp.

20. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Hey you never told us your favorite song!

21. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Undead by Hollywood undead
    Best of you by foo fighters
    Something to remind you by staind
    Vendetta part 2 by slipknot
    The bleeding by 5fdp
    Leave out all the rest by linkin park
    Gimme the loot by biggie
    Flava in your ear by Craig Mack
    Hard knock life by jay z
    Drop the world by lil Wayne
    Jump around by hop
    And some fuckin how by icp

22. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

oldie but still greatness..

23. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

Just for the record when I played Tulsa he was completely legit. Ran a hurry up O a lot of the time but I'm pretty sure Tulsa run's the no huddle for reals. Just didnt want anyone to think that he played every game this way.

I think Southern Miss runs the no huddle a lot to but it's just not my style. I like to try to keep people guessing.

24. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Yeah, he doesn't do it much on users after he played me and abom who know how to exploit the hell out of that and whoop his ass.

25. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

And Cam