More Changes...

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

1. Jmustang is stepping away from the Texans
    2. TurboTrigga is taking over the Texans
    3. Brizz98 is taking over the Bucs
    4. Gngsta is stepping away from the Redskins because his box is dead. He will rejoin as soon as he can replace it.
    5. The contact sheet has been updated.
    6. Minnesota has been kicked until I hear from him about his playing a CPU game when he shouldn't. I'm still waiting for an explanation. Dtown

2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

With all these changes that have recently gone down, where does the TMFL brain trust stand at now? Such as for trades and things of that nature. I know there is you fuzzy and Shaun still around but is also running the entire site. I know Ryno is currently taking some time off after the long convention.

Do we know what's going on with Emmdot? What's the story with BBJ?

Now I just came back from being away for a month, but just wondering where things stand.

3. Keller

Emmdot is always busy but as far as I know, he is still on board.

The braintrust/committee for now is Me, Shaun, Ryno, Emmdot, Fuzzy

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

LAME

• Like Like x 1
  5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Okay, I just saw him as CPU so didn't know the story there, and what about BBJ? It almost assures a CPU team will be in the playoffs for the NFC unless Gngsta comes back.

6. Keller

Haven't heard a peep from him.

bringbackjimmy - an update.... please?

7. Keller

Bringbackjimmy is officially dropping. Cowboys are open.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Gonna be some interesting content for the next episode of 3 Rounds.

Looks like it's getting back to the original core of guys again. I'll try recruiting a little bit in the lobby rooms and see if I can't find some more people for the league.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  9. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Keller - with the Cowboys & Ravens open; give RaiderNation a shot??

10. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Also, I think both Turbo & Brizz have signed up on XFN; awaiting approval.

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm going to start policing things more heavily in here.

NOTICE TO ALL:

If you have game play issues with another player, I EXPECT a PM.

Consider the rest of Madden 12 an audition for Madden 13.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Is there a back story behind this?

I may take this to PM with you Shaun if you think it is more appropriate but there are a lot of us that have been here since day one and I can vouch for the ones that have so I don't dispute the audition for Madden 13 however there is a core group that should be left in tact and should automatically be in for Madden 13.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You can take it to PM if you want, but the back story is that the TMFL isn't representative of what I personally expect and what TSO expects as a whole.

I have a favorable impression of you kdpnutter, but I will say as candidly as possible that when Madden 13 happens the way Madden is done on TSO is going to change. Hopefully the "core" of the TMFL give me a better impression in the future.

I'll share the core of what I said when discussing this with JSimms earlier:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I will agree we have had some problems with people taking the portions of the rules and stretching them, plays are designed for a reason and should be followed. I find a big difference in taking a dive and immediately running to the outside as opposed a player taking a dive play seeing a cut back lane on the other guard hole and hitting that.

I don't see a mass exodus happening if things change and rules changed around here. I actually am welcoming some changes when Madden 13 happens. I would like to see some changes happen now in preparation of Madden 13 and have some changes I would like to have happen for the league. I think changes at the end of this season during the off-season would be good for the league.

During it's time TMFL was run by Keller and he did as much as possible for the league as he could however, he was only one individual and it is too much for a single individual to do. I would be happy to pass along my ideas to you and Ryno and anyone else you would like for them in regards to changes that I would like to see.

I believe this needs to be broken down to get other involved. Getting Fuzzy involved was a great move by Keller but I think it needs to go to more than that, because as I said and this is nothing against Ryno, Emmdot, or yourself but you three are trying to police things here as well as run the site and I believe that it is a lot to put on you and there are other individuals that could handle this.

As I stated I can send more of this to you as well as anyone else you would like but I believe there should be an overall commissioner of the league where but an AFC and NFC Commissioner that handle the issues of the individual conferences such as content and for recruiting for the conferences and any issues that arise in the conference will be passed on to the overall Commissioner to be kept a solid track record of whether it be an infraction or anything needing their attention. A Financial Officer as XFN does a great job with it, but to truly keep an accurate set of monetary listing for a team. If a player is traded the other team should be responsible for the pro-rated part of the signing bonus and contract.

We have a set of rules in TMFL that we have had some individuals take to last straw but not "breaking any rule" completely. I disagree with that, we are a SIM league and should be treated as such with players that are either on board with the plan or can find a different league to join in. Rules are not meant to be stretched and contorted to fit a situation for a team.

I have some other ideas but as I said I will gladly take it to PM if you wish but those are just some of the ideas I have for the league.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I have actually played a few individuals the past couple days in the online lobby rooms that have been extremely SIM and have had really good games with, so if I find someone that I think is good and can be worth the time then, yes I most certainly will invite them and I will take the sole responsibility of the play of the individual and help them along the way. I wouldn't just invite a person to join if I didn't think they had what it took, nor would I just have them brought in and let them sink or swim. I would help them get accustomed to the league as well as expectations and answer any questions for them. I've run a few leagues before and yes I do make sure everyone is on the same page and that way there are no misunderstandings or stretching of rules (y)

• Like Like x 1
  17. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Can we get a clarification of what is expected of us in the "gray area" that lies in between what our rules state and the abuse of the way the game is designed?

Ideas for topic:

Fade routes in endzone with auto animation
    Slant outs
    Shifting Dline and and manually shifting Linebackers to cause gaps in protection/ gaps to shoot to stop the run
    Manually taking Dlineman and running across the offensive front causing Olineman to miss their assignments
    Delayed bump and run
    Taking run plays immediately to wrong holes
    Running sprint outs with QB immediately when the ball is hiked

Abuse of certain plays:

Quick Slants
    Man coverage
    Same zone coverage

The reason why I ask with the man/ same zone coverage is because the route selection is very limited on what beats man coverage consistently as well as drop back zone coverages. If the offense is asked to mix it up, so should the D. If the D does not mix it up, then the O is forced to use the same routes and be labeled as a route abuser when the D calls in fact is what is depicting the call on O.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    1. Is there a abuse of fade routes I am unaware of?
    2. Slant outs should never be called, the route isn't a real route. Ask Drifterbub.
    3. This is an issue if there is a repeatable shift that causes an consistent AI breakdown.
    4. Elaborate please
    5. Are they bumping past the 5 yard chuck rule? Also, if you need to perform a sequence of calls to accomplish this, it needs to be common knowledge.
    6. This is against site rules, IMO.
    7. You should never sprint out unless the play is designed or there is interior pressure.

As for abuse of specific plays...if you have a "go to" play on 3rd down and call it to get a first down the vast majority of the time, you need to reevaluate what is considered sim.

Please continue to discuss.

19. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Probably the only acceptable place to call the 'slant out' is in the end zone with your slot WR. The way the route translates in the game is not realistic, but it essentially replaces a short 5-route for the goal line.

I don't play Madden so I don't know exactly how effective it is. If it's too powerful with no reasonable counter, then it should be probably be nixed all together.

20. Keller

The fade routes are not being policed - yet. Its something that is on my radar that I would like to discuss, however.

Slant outs are specifically banned. Period.

Shifting dline/lbers is something that can be utilized but shouldn't be utilized every single play necessarily. If its the same shift every single time, then there is likely some type of bad programming or exploit that is being used IMO. Mixing it up should be the focus.

Delayed bump and run is not banned but again, needs to be balanced with other defensive schemes.

Sprinting immediately with the QB is strictly prohibited. Its different if its an auto rollout (but those generally are pretty bad anyway). As always, our policy against QB movement is pretty strict.

Abuse of anything should be frowned on. I agree with you to a certain extent that if the defense is continually running man with bump and run, unless you have excellent WRs it can be difficult to really utilize the full route tree. To a certain extent the defense does dictate what the offense is doing and YES I agree that sometimes people complain on defense when in reality they should be looking at themselves instead of blaming their problems on the offense "abusing" something. That isn't the case all the time, but it is something worth mentioning, for sure.

The problem with slants, at least by my estimation, is that it doesn't matter what the defense calls. Sometimes you can get lucky but running man won't work and running zone wont work. IMO I can only stop it with man, a preconceived idea of where the ball is going and me manually running a LBer in a zone through that area. Then I just have to hope that pressure gets there. Couple that with all of the things an offense could be doing instead of simply running a slant and you have a pretty tall task in front of you. The slants thing is a touchy subject.

21. Keller

1. It just seems overly effective. Lab it for 10 minutes against different coverages on the 5 yard line or so and maybe you can weigh in on it. I tend to agree its too effective.
    2. We've already banned the use of slant outs. Not to mention we're constantly revisiting the use of normal slants as it is.
    3. Capp is referring to something he noticed against Emmdot.

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Something I think needs addressed is the people with better internet connections jumping gaps to run stuff. When I played against bjbdahitman I could tell he was seeing things a split second before me and was hitting me in the backfield all game long.

23. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

My problem with the slants...

I am seeing more and more a gameplan that consists of RUN, RUN, Quick Slant. RUN, Quick Slant, RUN,. Etc...

I have had an instance in which I had players complete less than 10 passes in a game and 7 of them were slants.

I dont take that stuff to Commish because I feel that is such a ticky tack discussion and not worth calling out people over, but in a group discussion I would like to hear other opinions on the matter.

I just do not believe it shows creativity in play calling.

24. Keller

Have you played Emmdot? lol. Thats his bread and butter. I don't think it boils down to connection so much as skill, the skill of the player being controlled and flaws with the game. A TON of people shoot gaps routinely - why do you think athletic linebackers are in such high demand? When they don't have big bodies on them, they are nasty.

25. Keller

I agree with this.