More Than Just QB Controversy in Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by ThaBayouChef, Mar 8, 2013.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Turns out that there may be more than just QB trouble in Philadelphia. With the State of the League taking a new direction, talks between Eagles management and Coach Lazaroe seem to have come to a stall in regards to a long-term contract extension. Eagles brass say that they would love the Coach to be in Philly long term, but his heart just isn't there. Lazaroe has won 2 NFC East championships, and is in the hunt for his third this season. He took the Eagles to the NFC Championship two years ago and was on his way to making the name Andy Reid a distant memory. With that said it appears Coach Lazaroe's mind is made up after his recent press conference with ESPN's beautiful anchor, Sage Steele. Here's the transcript:

Sage: Coach the commissioner dropped a couple bombs last night that no doubt has affected you, along with other coaches around this league. What was your initial reaction to that?

Coach: When I first heard the news I was actually in the process of scouting our next opponent. The first thing I thought of was our players. Moves we have made in the past few seasons and the brotherhood that has formed in our locker room. It's a difficult pill to swallow at first when news like that comes down.

Sage: So with the current news and change to the league, do you plan on continuing your career as an NFL head coach?

Coach: Coaching is in my blood. I'll never quit it as long as I have options and am offered a position.

Sage: With that said, will you be back in Philadelphia if offered an extension?

Coach: First and foremost, right now my total focus is on my 2016 ball club. We're once again in first place in our respective division and have no plans on moving from that top spot. We face a tough Dallas team this week, and that's what my attention is currently on. However; it's freezing up here! You know I'm always looking for new challenges. My time in Philadelphia has been great. I love the city, team, people, and food! We'll see what they offer me; but to be quite honest, with the new changes, I think a change in scenery might do myself and the family a little good. I'm about 80/20 on the decision as of now, and I like my meat grass-fed and 90-10 so I ain' talkin' bout my burger!!

Sage: So this will be your last season in Philadelphia whether you get an offer from another team or not?

Coach: I wasn't talkin' bout my burger, Sage. You do the math.

And with that, the Eagles get ready to face the Dallas Cowboys in their week 11 matchup.

• Like Like x 4
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Lol this is great man

• Like Like x 1
  3. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Well come next season if we are both still around you can always give me my Eagles :D and you can start off with a great QB in Cutler instead of the Great Michael Vick:p !!!! LMAO

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Love Forte, so that might be a possibility.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Then id need the Gmen

• Like Like x 1