More tweaking! Muahahaha....

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, in all seriousness, I think this is one we can tinker with.

Can we consider bringing the LT modifier down to a 4 from 5? And bringing the RT down to a 3 from 4?

Not that it needs it, but it was brought to me as a suggestion. Just wondering what your overall thoughts would be.

We could institute it during the offseason and drop modifiers during that time if this would be something to consider.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I don't care either way honestly.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'd say keep it the same. We changed the LT and RT modifier to make it higher for a variety of reasons, but mainly so that their salaries are more in line with the real NFL, and also to close position change loopholes for cap reasons.

If its not broke, don't fix it.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I think a 5 modifier is a little high. Can we go with .5 modifiers?

So. instead of a 5, LTs would be 4.5...

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

So....you want to simplify, yet you want to add halves to our modifiers. LOL

I think we go 4 or 5. No in between.

6. natedawg212000

bump, this kinda just died. Whats the verdict?

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I still say the LT could go down to 4, and the RT could go to 3, and it would not handcuff much in the way of salary cap. And it would still be realistic.

So barring any issues with me doing it, I will announce it tomorrow to take effect immediately.

8. natedawg212000

can you post some numbers of what that would change? I remember us putting them as is because it was more realistic. Also, whats teh reason again for the change?

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Truthfully, it was a suggestion from the feedback trail. An owner questioned the logic of having left tackles of equal overall make as much as franchise quarterbacks. While I think they do make a lot of money, I think in the vein of the quarterback is a bit much. A premier left tackle I think falls more in line with a premier running back as far as contract value. With this, the right tackle position can be reduced to a lower modifier (since it was higher to prevent loopholes in changing positions), but since position change requirements do not let a tackle play anywhere but the tackle spot, the higher modifier is obsolete. Guards can play center and guard, and honestly, most right tackles if moved to left tackle drop a few points anyway, so it just makes overall sense from a simplification/salary standpoint to me.

If there is no objection, I could always announce it as an offseason change and the cap guys can update numbers at that time. Sorry that I didn't mention it sooner, but this was based on feedback that, to me, made sense.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

When I get home I can post some basic ideas of changes, but at the highest level you're looking at a difference of 4 million dollars (difference between 4 and 5 modifier on a minimum paid 95-99 overall player). I don't think it's crazy, but let me know.

11. natedawg212000

That makes sense.

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

My suggestion would be to actually bump QB up to 6. RT and LT make a lot more than any other offensive players besides QB and tip-top flight HB. I think we are pretty realistic where we are right now.

Problem is, we can't really have RT in line with C, RG, LG....that isn't realistic and doesn't make sense.

I remember when we were all discussing this last offseason and the very reason we did this was to
    A) Make RT & LT salaries more in line with real NFL
    B) Stop some 'cheesy schemers' from moving their olineman all over the place to go around our cap rules

Like I've said before, if it aint broke don't fix it.

The only suggestion I would have is bumping QB from 5 to 6.

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, with our position change system, tackles cannot move outside the tackle position. Guards can only play guard or center. And I still think the numbers are realistic in line with current contracts.

But I have no problem with not changing anything. Just got some feedback that made sense to me and posted it as an idea that very few, apparently, have an opinion on.

14. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

If we can make our cap system more user friendly by getting rid of some of our position change rules, I am all for it.

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well it doesn't eliminate or simplify position changes. But it does make the cap book make more sense with what we have in place for position changes, as tackles right now can only be tackles. Guards or centers cannot move to tackle as a starter anyway.

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

By the way, to update, this is a dead issue. I am killing the discussion on it at this time. Rules as they are now will stay the same. No changes to the modifiers are occuring at this time.

We have much bigger issues to worry about. Locking thread.

17. natedawg212000

Thats handled, lets please try to simplify if you have a better idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.