Mors

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Mors

65 point limit on scoring. You had 66 this week. Not a big deal since it is your first game, but make sure you keep it 65 and under from now on.

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Fuck sorry guys. Figured it was 73 like other leagues. That's my bad.

Won't happen again.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Your Navy, who did you play, The Sisters of the Poor?

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Louisiana Tech but the fleXbox One is WAY too easy to use against the computer as they never stack the line properly. ;)

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I guess you didn't take the time to READ THE RULES!!!1

;)

Just messing with ya, consider it a little hazing.

6. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Actually, there's nothing in the rules about it at all. ;)

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I was about to say...I wasn't sure I knew there was an actual limit on scoring, just that we shouldn't get crazy with it.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Yea, I had a guy score in the 70's in the West and was going to yell at him.

But it's not in the rules.

As for the fleXbox One...I need some pointers or something if you are running all over everyone. Maybe it gets easier with more talent.

9. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

The Air Force playbook is your friend and the FleXbox One - Normal formation is pretty much the one to use 95% of the time that you're going to run the fleXbox One.

I actually run the fleXbox One where my QB and my wingbacks get about 65-70% of the carries and the upback (FB) get's the gritty yards.

Unfortunately, you can't look at the defensive ends to read the play selection for the fleXbox One, you actually need to read the LBs. If they come flying up at the snap, you keep it and either follow the FB or take it outside (depending on the flow of the defense and the blocking on the outside).

The play FB Iso Option (where the wingback comes in motion and then hits the hole where the FB would normally be going to block) is THE play to use quite a bit. Either give it the FB if the LBs aren't biting down or keep it and follow the motioning wingback and FB right up the hole. It's about 90% guaranteed 2+ yards and has chances for HUGE gains (I've broken at least 3 QB runs for 70+ with this play).

Hit me up some time man and we'll play and I'll show ya some stuff. ;)

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Speed Option Pass is nice as well...I run an option based offense with Southern Miss over in the OFFL MM. Austin Davis is my QB...Has about 85spd and is about 88 overall. Nice passer as well.

11. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Absolutely. I just recently added that to my arsenal. It's REALLY good stuff.

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

It's been my experience that all option passes (in all playbooks) except for the flex's triple option passes are easily the most cheestastic, automatic money plays in all playbooks if you run the ball (as opposed to passing it). Because of this I never, ever, ever call them (I have about 5 or 6 of them in my Michigan team's pb, and a boat load of them in my CSU team's fleXbox One pb).

Those plays are straight up broken. The problem is that the CPU cheats. The CPU knows that you just called an option pass so they know that even though it looks like an option run, it's really a pass. Because of that, they play straight up pass defense and ignore the QB and have all of their DBs running deep in coverage. Since they're not covering the QB and the DB's are dropping (way) back in coverage, there's tons of running room. The DBs will absolutely refuse to go after the QB until he's actually across the LoS.

In some test play now games, I have run multiple 80 yard drives with 0 3rd downs using nothing but option passes. Those plays are pretty much a guaranteed 5+ yards every, single, time that you use it. If that isn't pretty much the definition of "broken" and "cheese" then I don't know what else would be. Also, with our varsity sliders (which greatly reduces the CPU's ability to recognize and react to the same play called over and over) I'd imagine they'd never ever catch on.

For the users I play, I request that you don't use option passes against me (and honestly, you especially shouldn't be using them against the CPU either) unless you're going to pass out of it. If it's against a user, at least they can spy the QB with a user player and maybe slow the runs down a bit, but the CPU isn't smart enough to do that. If you use the option pass to run the ball, that is by far the cheesiest play in your entire playbook. I've known about their cheeseness since before we started this OD, but I've never mentioned it until now because I didn't want to make the cheesewiz public knowledge (although it doesn't take much time in practice to realize this), but since there's 2 people admitting they use them, I thought I'd throw this out there.

Again, these are horrifically cheesy if you run the ball on an option pass. Passing out of option passes are fine (because the CPU knows it's a pass so they actually try to defend the pass). But, in my opinion, running the ball using an option pass ranks #1 on the cheese scale above quarters/run commit defenses, and dropping back 20 yards and then sprinting to the sideline, then sprinting back to the LoS to throw the ball.

13. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Jello you are absolutely right and I completely agree. The CPU does some REALLY dumb shit stuff against those plays.

But, the entire point of those plays is if the defense plays the pass, you run the ball and if the defense plays the run, you pass the ball, hence it being an option.

Really, I don't see how it's any different than staying in the pocket for 3-4 seconds and then running the ball with the QB cause the defense dropped everyone back.

With that said though, if you guys decide it's cheesy as shit, then so be it. I JUST started using them with Navy and my TF:Creation team so it's certainly not like I can't go without them.

14. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The difference is that if you stay in the pocket for 3-4 seconds (especially with these sliders) you have a risk of taking a sack or not escaping the pocket. If you run on an option pass, there is no risk. It's guaranteed to be a 5+ yard gain. I would say that any play that's guaranteed for 5+ yards at least 95% of the time (I don't think I've ever been stopped for less than that while practing/testing and I probably average over 8 yards per carry, but I thought I'd throw in a 5% chance of it failing just for kicks) shouldn't be called. The funny thing about them is that if you pass the ball, there's an extreme risk because the QB is almost always trailed by a defensive lineman and if you try to throw, there's a stupid pause of about 1 second as your QB stops, hops back a step, and then the passing icons come up. During that 1 second you're usually run over by the D-lineman.

Run the ball: 95+% of the time you'll gain over 5 yards.
    Throw the ball: probably 60+% of the time you'll get run over for a sack.

Of course, this is my opinion, but I'd say that if others have tested option passes with an 80+ speed QB (and probably even slower too) I don't see how they could possibly disagree.

15. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Regarding the 65 point rule, we do have one. It's one of those rules that hasn't made its way onto our sticky thread (there's a few things that haven't shown up there yet, like defensive keys, game strategy settings, offseason recruiting). But the rule is basically a 65 point cap or 21 points (I think). So if the CPU puts up 50 on you, you're ok to go to 71.

Just realized that with the addition of Navy I just went to 5 regular season user games. Army and Navy worry me a bit after JHeb's game with Shaun. Throw in G Tech, and I guess I need to spend some time practicing against the fleXbox One.

16. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Ha, yeah, I'd suggest some practice vs. the Bone...Shaun mixed it up really well and kept my D off balance. I finally found a couple of calls on D that helped me control it. Plus, as the game went on and I got a lead, I knew he'd need to pass to try and catch up. It def. wasn't easy.