1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Mortal Kombat

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JerzeyReign, Apr 4, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Is anyone else besides me takin' a trip down memory lane? I mean... who doesn't miss the 90s?!:)

Some gameplay from the demo. Sorry for the lack of sound, I have no idea where it went:(

• Like Like x 1
  2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

That game was the shit!

3. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I don't know....I was more of a fan of killer instinct. Me and the Mortal Kombat controls didn't get along very well, I don't know why.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Well I learned my three moves and I'm good:)... This is going to be a fun drinking game... the winner takes a shot:)

5. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Man I loved MK, something about mutilating people at the age of 10 was appealing. Looking forward to this one but prob going to wait on a price drop since they are happening so quick now

• Like Like x 1
  6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah this is goin' to be added to the collection once it drops about $20:)

7. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Def. looks to be done way better than any of the other remakes. And the finishing moves just look great

8. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I traded in some old games over the weekend and picked this up for low cost. The game graphics are actually stunning. Each fighter has their own special x-ray attack which shows a slow-mo detail of bones breaking/teeth shattering, etc.. I was impressed with how accurate these were based on each of the different fighters you pull the attack on (ie. showing all 4 of Sheeva's arms rather than using the same "body mold" over and over)

The story mode is enjoyable and has a lot of decent cut scenes that help you learn how some people came to be if you didn't already know their background stories. So in all, I would recommend it if you are a fan of the MK series.

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

My neighbor has it and plays it a lot. He only let me play it once or twice but gave up after he realized I'm only doing 4 moves and a fatality:). Going to have my wife send it to me from the States.

10. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Does this game have a sandbox story mode? I think it was Armegeddon and a few other versions had these. I thought they were a lot of fun and made it more worthwhile. I've always loved the classic fighting but the replayability is a little short for 60$ IMO.

11. MG

MG Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I'm not even a huge fighter fan but I remember playing MK a lot as a kid. Played this and highly recommend it. I suck but it is extremely fun and well made!

12. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

No, this time the story mode is already predetermined. There is a new addition called the Challenge Tower, where you have 300 individual type challenges ranging from random skills to actual fights. So I think there is plenty to do in this game to stretch your worth, including an Online Mode to fight other users.