Mortal Kombat

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JerzeyReign, Apr 4, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Is anyone else besides me takin' a trip down memory lane? I mean... who doesn't miss the 90s?!:)

Some gameplay from the demo. Sorry for the lack of sound, I have no idea where it went:(

• Like Like x 1
  2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

That game was the shit!

3. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I don't know....I was more of a fan of killer instinct. Me and the Mortal Kombat controls didn't get along very well, I don't know why.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Well I learned my three moves and I'm good:)... This is going to be a fun drinking game... the winner takes a shot:)

5. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Man I loved MK, something about mutilating people at the age of 10 was appealing. Looking forward to this one but prob going to wait on a price drop since they are happening so quick now

• Like Like x 1
  6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah this is goin' to be added to the collection once it drops about $20:)

7. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Def. looks to be done way better than any of the other remakes. And the finishing moves just look great

8. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I traded in some old games over the weekend and picked this up for low cost. The game graphics are actually stunning. Each fighter has their own special x-ray attack which shows a slow-mo detail of bones breaking/teeth shattering, etc.. I was impressed with how accurate these were based on each of the different fighters you pull the attack on (ie. showing all 4 of Sheeva's arms rather than using the same "body mold" over and over)

The story mode is enjoyable and has a lot of decent cut scenes that help you learn how some people came to be if you didn't already know their background stories. So in all, I would recommend it if you are a fan of the MK series.

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

My neighbor has it and plays it a lot. He only let me play it once or twice but gave up after he realized I'm only doing 4 moves and a fatality:). Going to have my wife send it to me from the States.

10. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Does this game have a sandbox story mode? I think it was Armegeddon and a few other versions had these. I thought they were a lot of fun and made it more worthwhile. I've always loved the classic fighting but the replayability is a little short for 60$ IMO.

11. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I'm not even a huge fighter fan but I remember playing MK a lot as a kid. Played this and highly recommend it. I suck but it is extremely fun and well made!

12. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

No, this time the story mode is already predetermined. There is a new addition called the Challenge Tower, where you have 300 individual type challenges ranging from random skills to actual fights. So I think there is plenty to do in this game to stretch your worth, including an Online Mode to fight other users.