Most Anticipated Rivalry in `12

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Jun 13, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

With teams pretty much set at this point, what rivalries do you think will be the most fun to watch as we go through the `12 seasons?

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

#1 Wisconsin/NW - Can Gators continue to dominate Dakota without the huge recruiting machine that is the Florida Gators? Dakota should start with a huge head start (in terms of talent and also a 5* recruiting edge over the 3* wildcats).

#2 Utah/Arizona - Will UofC come in and dominate the Pac12-S? Both teams are pretty weak in terms of recruiting (and in the fairly talentless states of Arizona and especially Utah) so we'll have to see who can build their team up first.

#3 Michigan/MSU - Repeating this '11 rivalry (I don't know who has the edge in '11) will be fun and they're both recruiting in each other's back yards.

#4 Tennessee/USC-jr - These teams should be on fairly even ground (with the edge, obviously going to USC-jr) to start with and their recruiting should be similar. If Bill goes with Georgia instead, UGA will dominate the SEC for years to come.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm looking forward to playing Northwestern the most. I need to beat F&%/?N gators.

4. GoGators

I'm considering buying a ticket up to Wisconsin for the first time we play just so I can be there for the party when you finally beat me. I'm guessing you and your whole family may riot, tipping over cars, burning couches in intersections, and running around town shooting paintball guns.

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Man, this sounds like a good time.

6. dakota7

What?!?

I'm gonna have a kegger, my friend.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Masler

Masler Moderator

That's how East Lansing parties...it's copyright

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Yeah, I'm sure you'll just make some Ravioli and throw confetti on your bushes.

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Yeah UGA recruits just like Bama when they get that 6th star. I have been in 2 leagues this past title season where 2 Users got UGA to that 6th star and had so many recruits have them in their top 3. I guess the only good thing that came about that was that the 2 users were half-retarted when it came to recruiting so they didn't land half the players they should have.

10. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

If you look @ what Bill has done with (at least formerly) :4stars: Clemson, I'm sure you know that won't be the case here.

11. GoGators

Where do you think I got it from???

12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I know, and he is a very good player too.

13. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Who ever plays Ole Miss showass2.gif

14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Whoa, don't put yourself down like that man

• Like Like x 1
  15. Masler

Masler Moderator

No one thinks I will put up a fight...I see how it is

16. dakota7

I don't understand that either.

17. GoGators

In comparison to `11, this is the one thing that has me really excited about `12. We will have some great rivalries all over the place. In `11 we really only had Clemson (Bill) vs FSU (Dakota) and sadly there was never a whole lot on the line there as the two teams combined for only one BCS appearance. The only other notable rivalries that come to mind were MSU (JC) vs UofM (Suge) but that was a bit lopsided and Virginia (Reccheem) vs GT (Wazzucougs), the pillow fight of the ACC. This year however it's a different story.

My favorites are:

#1 - Stanford (Masler) vs Washington (Randy) - This one may be a shocker but I think these two are going to have some great games and it'll be a lot of fun to watch.

#2 - Tennessee (Bill) vs So Carolina (texacotea) - I hope Bill doesn't take Georgia cause that would ruin this one. So Carolina will have the early advantage, but Texaco will have the added pressure of playing with his favorite team, sometimes that's a nightmare cause you feel so guilty when you lose. Bill on the other hand will have the lesser Tennessee squad looking to be brought back to relevance. Can he do it, or will USC lite put their foot on his throat?

#3 - Arizona (UofCWildcat) vs Utah (Jello) - UofC "the kid" has come into this league with a chip on his shoulder and feels the need he has something to prove. He'll get his chance going against the elder but wiser Jello. The kid may be better on the sticks, but this can be a thinking mans game and Ole Man River is certainly that. Jello gets a head start with Utah being a 4 star but from the glimpse we got yesterday from their first unranked game together, the kid may just have Jello's number.

#4 - Northwestern (Gators) vs Wisconsin (Dakota) - I hate to put myself this high on the list, but this is going to be a fun one. Dakota is dying for the chance to finally beat me and he'll never have a better opportunity than starting out with his 5 star Badgers to my lowly 3 star Wildcats. Can anyone else feel that pressure beginning to mount???

#5 - Arkansas (Nautica) vs Tennessee (Bill) - Assuming these two get locked in together for their cross division game, this may end up being a top 2 rivalry game. Nautica seems to be a bit afraid of Bill so it'll be interesting to see how this one pans out.

#6 - Arkansas (Nautica) vs Ole Miss (Edge) - Edge is the unknown so far, but he seems to be a pretty solid and sim gamer from what he's doing with the Bulldogs in Georgia this season. I think these two will have some great games over the seasons as they fight for dominance in the West. Arkansas probably feels that their the better team to open, but Ole Miss is a dangerous sleeper pick and if the Hogs come into the grove, they may just end up getting slaughtered!

#7 - Sparty (JC) vs UofM (Suge) - Sadly this one is this far down the list because it's the same show on a different channel. We've all seen how this one ends :) But perhaps Suge will turn the tables this year getting to captain the Wolverines from the start.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Its a Daniel Tosh bit

19. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Afraid of him? I actually really enjoy playing bill and I am sure he will be looking for revenge after our last game.

20. dakota7

I don't know that Nautica is afraid of bill, so much as he has great respect for his ability. Much like I do. Nautica did beat bill in the BCS game.

21. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

and we had a barn burner of a game that I won in week 2. I think bill still might be pissed about that one.

22. dakota7

Yeah, I forgot about that one. This is a tough matchup, I'm looking forward to watching this one.

I'm also excited about the PAC 12 north. Masler vs randi should have some good games up there.

And @GoGators I'm glad to see the gamesmanship so soon. No pressure laid down in your assessment of our rivalry. "lowly 3 star northwestern". I love it!

23. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Ya. I gotta figure out the TE slant, the dual QBs, and the blitz you have where the DE always comes free.

24. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

A handful of ACC championships, but nothing nationally to show for it. And if we go with the recruiting formula thingy then it won't happen at Tennessee bc I banked on 4* guys and only had 15 total 5* in 8 classes. With 4 of those coming in the last class.

25. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

When I played as OU, playing in the Big 12 allows you to master the blitz's in the nickle package and how the tackles react on them. There are some people that you play against and you have to be either conservative or aggressive. You bill, I feel like I have to be a little more aggressive than normal or else you shred me in the passing game as where against Suge, I can't be or i'll get burned so I have to sit back and be patient and wait for him to make mistakes.

I love playing user games, and I am looking forward to another game against Gators. Ask JC, in T1 Mogriff beat my ass royally in the first game I played against him, but then in our second game I shut him down pretty badly. I would hope for the same result against Gators