Most lopsided loss to the computer in my LIFE!

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Fight'n Hokie, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

I just lost to the computer 56-14!

It was 42-0 before I scored!!

I couldn't do anything...Nebraska jammed me the entire game and when they didn't jam me they were running my routes defensively better than I could run them offensively! LOL

They batted balls down and picked passes off faster than I could catch them early in the game. Run the ball you say....well I tried that and they were in the backfield faster than I could get a handoff!

I tried everything I knew to get a play off and be competitive! I was 1-11 on 3rd down and 3-9 on 4th down. Most of the time it was 3rd and VERY LONG!

I also know that most of this came due to the lack of team speed and awareness of Clemson. I would be in position to make a tackle or bat a ball down and my guy just stood there!
    I had told Sabo upon taking Clemson that they were the slowest Clemson team I had ever seen in my life. LOL Defensively my DB's have no awareness and there are times I take timeouts purely to rest my defense. On most occasions they are orange or even red at times with exhaustion! Its a wonder I hadn't lost before now but good grief this was ridiculous! LOL

HOPEFULLY recruiting makes the Tigers better!

OH WELL, I'M DONE RANTING....FOR NOW!

2. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Some routes simply don't work against man-to-man with these sliders. You can't throw a slant against man coverage or a dig if a CB is covering. Or a Hitch. Seriously, go into practice mode and try to throw a slant against Man. I tried it 20 times and it's not possible. The WR is never open. Against Digs, the DB makes the cut two steps before the WR does. This is the pyschic DB phenomenon.

There's a lot to like about these sliders, but as they are currently configured, they are not ready to use.

I just threw out half of my playbook and ran Meshes and Shallow Crosses because those are the only plays that work against Man coverage.

3. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

I ran everything I knew possible...the issue is when you dont have the personnel you are screwed! Clemson and these sliders are screwed LOL If we had been playing with these sliders since my arrival here...I would not have won as many games had I have. I dont have the speed or awareness to compete with these sliders. Now if you have the personnel you will be fine!

Right now, the sliders are over powering to a lesser team plain and simple.

4. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

It's not personnel. Pick two evenly matched teams and try to throw a slant pass against man to man coverage. It's the sliders.

5. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

I hate practice mode simply because you have to keep going in and out to change plays...I never do that! LOL
    I have played these sliders with VA TECH and Boise State and UVA and USC and both times I crushed the Computer!!! Each Time I have played with a lesser team...a team without the personnel I have taken a beating. You can go look at the slider research posting and see those games. I killed the computer with these sliders when I had the people to to compete.

6. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

You can kill the CPU with these sliders. But you can't throw a slant against man-to-man. You can't throw a Dig or a Hitch. You can kill them with Meshes. And destroy them if the CPU is in Zone. As soon as you figure out how to beat them, you can do it. But you still can't throw certain routes against Man coverage when playing a team of equal rating.

That's why the sliders are not good in my opinion. I've been playing in this league for 4 seasons and as soon as the slider change happened, my playbook stopped working. I labbed it. Figured out the problems and now I feel like I can compete against the CPU. But that doesn't mean the sliders are good.

7. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

lol I cant run the ball at all... my RB's are so slow I get hit in the backfield on probably 75% of my running plays. Before they were slow but I was able to stay behind my blockers and get yardage the old fashion way. Slants and short curls should work against man coverage. To say a slant wont work is ridiculous...IT SHOULD! I understand a DB jumping it some but not every time or most of the time. :confused:

I was able to run the ball before these sliders, since, I have struggled to get any rushing yards. Yesterday I got a large portion of my rushing in 2 OT's, other than that not much of anything.

I run the Nevada Pistol so a lot of running plays are counters. The passing game is short slants, curls, flat routes, etc. I get caught from behind now on counters and get jammed at the LOS now when passing. I was lucky to win against FSU.

8. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

"I couldn't do anything...Nebraska jammed me the entire game and when they didn't jam me they were running my routes defensively better than I could run them offensively! LOL"

LOL...I hate that too :)

I think my QB came into my last game with 9 INT's all season...and ended up throwing SIX after the game. :/

9. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

10. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

11. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Wanted E to see the above issues. He may have some adjustments that will help.

12. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

ill make some adjustments tonight, and im getting a little bit of the same thing but nowhere near as bad as what you guys are talking about... to the extent of shutting down your playbook? im forcing the CPU into zone with my play-calling... so im not stuck facing this all game, we can drop the coverage -5 going into the next week... but the sliders we are using are the ones that were tested, and nobody said anything before...

the reason the man coverage is so good is because the man coverage this year is TERRIBLE right along with zone as usual... ill do some work tonight...

"E"

13. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

I think a lot of us were on vacation when the sliders were tested and approved for league play.

14. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Its also nearly impossible to make "win,win" sliders when some coaches have moved up to better schools and some coaches are still with small schools.

15. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

not just this league tested them... havent had any complaints like these yet and these arent even the harder set of sliders i have...

"E"

16. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

it's not about hard or easy. it's about psychic DBs. if the rest of the league wants to play where the CPU DBs run the WRs route before the WRs do, then fine. Keep the sliders. I don't want to play with sliders like that.

17. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

i understand what youre saying... but what you dont get is that if we drop it enough for it to loosen up then the passing game is going to go back to ridiculous... im throwing man coverage routes... slant/mesh/dig and they jump it a little bit but if you throw going into the break for the most part you complete it... if you throw late you are screwed... slider adjustment means gameplay adjustments... when you change sliders thing that used to work wont always still work... that is a given... i will make slight changes to them...

"E"

18. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

I'm not sure what was wrong with the sliders we were using before.

19. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

commish wanted to go heisman...

"E"

20. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

It seemed that we were all ready to move on to the next level.

As to the "Original" topic of this thread ......
    No slider set will ever be perfect and im sure we all know that. There are going to be games when everything seems completely out of whack. This has happened to me on even default sliders. Sometimes the cpu just comes out "Superhuman" and all we can do is hold on and brace for impact lol. For those of you guys who werent here for the testing dynasty please let me know and i will be happy to send you an invite to our testing dynasty. We ran multiple tests on this current set of sliders and everyone who tested seemed to be happy. There are lots of stats posted HERE as well as discussion about the gameplay. Please get with me if you would like an invite to this dynasty and TOGETHER we can tweak and make adjustments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.