Motion Crackback

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by ChaoticUT, Jun 14, 2011.

1. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

For example, the play is I-right Toss, and you motion the right side WR and just before he reaches the TE you snap the ball, WR crack backs on the end man of the LOS.

Just wonder what everyones thought were on this as far as being a legitimate play or not.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Most leagues have rules stipulating that when putting a man in motion, he must be completely set at the end of that movement before you snap the ball; unless it's an automotion, probably... So first would be to check the league rules and make sure it's even legal to run that in the first place.

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I know the play your talking about and its an auto motion play. There is nothing wrong with it. If your doing it manually (the motion) then I think he has to go all the way to the end of his motion before you snap the ball per most league rules.

4. classic

classic Walk On

yea in any league i have played in that has been the rule with the motion i had to stop running the auto motion plays tho in leagues cuz i usually place the cursor under the guy in motion to keep the scheme going with other plays in the formation

5. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I do not mean to get too off topic but can someone explain to me why leagues make you finish the motion before you the snap the ball? The ball being snapped midmotion is apart of football. I know that there are midmotion auto snap plays, but the animation is different for those plays; so the people you play can time the snap.

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

In NCAA the defense doesn't really adjust perfectly in time. In real life it's part of the game, but I think if you motion someone who is getting press coverage he can beat him easier. It happens in real life, just it can be used as too much of an advantage in the game.

7. classic

classic Walk On

in my leagues it was a rule so ppl couldnt motion the WR behind the line and have him as a lead blocker u could do it too beat press coverage but just not to have him serve as that extra blocker

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

My league actually had the opposite rule. It was okay to snap it with the WR as a lead blocker, but you couldn't snap mid motion on a passing play because the CPU defenders couldn't handle it and the guy was open far too often.

9. classic

classic Walk On

hmm interesting...

10. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

I think the only scenario of it being taken advantage of is over use. I thinking 5-6 times in the entire game, okay. If your running it 5-6 times a drive, no good. Same with "money plays", 5-6 times a game, okay. 5-6 times a drive, cheese.

My question isnt if its against the rules. TOS rules cleary states, "the player must complete his motion"

Im asking if it makes sense to get rid of the "complete his motion" part for more of the "kept manual motions to a minimum" or is the general consensus that snapping before the player sets is a "cheesey" play

11. classic

classic Walk On

i dont look as the motion as being cheesy especially to get a player off of press coverage i think it is a way to punish your opponent for abusing press..i know in madden press coverage was abused and it really didnt matter if the cb had good press ratings or not he would still press and keep the WR at the l.o.s for awhile ...i thought it was more cheesy to see they wr motioned behind the l.o.s as a lead blocker cause to me it is more rare to see that in real life then it is to see the wr motioned to beat press

12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I think it if you do run the play, it should be run twice a game maximum. I think the complete your motion should stay as it is used as an advantage. Even manual motion on run plays is pretty advantageous, like running a toss play and motioning the TE out wide and snapping it mid-motion creates better blocking and I don't really like that.

13. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

Twice a game seems pretty low to me. If a team has a "money" play in the NFL you'll see it maybe six to ten times from different formations w/ different motions and sets. All of that is just a way to throw a defense off. That's on the highest level and they run plays to death if it works.

Five to six times a game doesn't take the game away from the SIM aspect, IMHO. If a guy runs the same play more than that against me and continues to have success, I take it as a slap in the face b/c I should be able to stop it at that point.

Again.. just my opinion.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well while you make a good point, if I could pick a few plays to specifically tell my CPU defense to be ready for that would be great.

15. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

because historically Madden and NCAA have had trouble covering players in motion - especially in man-to-man scenarios.

so excessive motion was a gateway drug to cheese.

16. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Anybody know which play this is? All fine to debate in theory but I'd like to see the play in action.

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    If it looks like cheese, smells like cheese...

18. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I've seen the play and haven't had much success with it. I certainly wouldn't call it cheese. Besides, I would think that with the auto-motion, anybody you're playing is going to key it by at least the 3rd time you run it and it's a pretty easy play to stop when you know it's coming.