Movement to change our name back to Hard4Yards

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Jul 22, 2012.

?

Who ARE us?

1. H4Y

66.7%
  2. D12

33.3%
  1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Personally, I was cool with a new name since Qwon was bringing 5 or 6 new members to the table and we would have a different dynamic, and I like the name Dirty Dozen (even if it is a little cliche). Now that D12 has shown to be an epic, BP oil spill failure, can we go back our recognized and famous name? I say we wait a bit to ask the mods to change the name of the forum but we can at least get it straight in our head and on the board.

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I chuckled

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

H4Y died when I left it. Granted I brought in a few bad apples, but D12 is the name here. I think it accurately describes us as a group. It represents who we are.

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

You sure are giving yourself lots of credit

5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Yeah I never changed it from H4Y in my phone for all your cell numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Haha I thought I was the only one who did that...guess I should delete "HY4 Hammer Fever", "H4Y AJS", and "H4Y Snoopy" from my contacts

7. Full Moon Fever

Man. I wish Hammer would come back.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

100%bad apples I think actually.

9. DirtycashDylan

AJS!

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

The way the board has been lately I'd take those fuckers back in a heartbeat.

You should amend your vote selections. I vote not for "H4Y", but for "The Jerry Springer Show"

11. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I'm with Qwon on this one, we should keep the name. While H4Yards was great at its peak it ultimately failed and it's now a joke that it ever reached premier status. I like the new name and a fresh start.

I think we really need to make sure the members here are committed to their teams and in this for the long haul. After that process we need to do a great job of filling the remaining holes.

What killed this league was members filing in out so rapidly. We've lost the a third of the original 12 guys we started with and we aren't even half way through season 1. Shits gotta change.

12. Full Moon Fever

With all due respect, I don't think anybody here ever gave a fuck about being premier. If its a joke that we were, we are laughing the hardest. I guess it makes it easier to recruit to but I trust Steamer43 to find replacements for @Jqwon13's failed experiment.

IDRGAF either way. I want incoming members to realize what they're getting into and not back out like little bitches after a week. It's. It worth trying to change the "culture", turn over a new leaf, etc. because that's just not going to happen.

13. DirtycashDylan

H4Y "failed" because guys like you didn't live up to their end of the deal, and because EA gave us a shitty product, and because the admins decided that for the first year ever, we could only add premier members who didn't have premier leagues. Do you know how many of them there are? And do you know how many of those want a 1* team? We were one of the most 'premier' leagues on the site, and the most viewed, when we were going strong, easily. I wouldn't call us a joke by any means.

14. DirtycashDylan

In fact, we've always been a premier league for the past several years, whether others see that or not, WGAF, they'll be reading our board just as much as their own.

• Like Like x 2
  15. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Fwiw, I didn't leave because of the shitty product. I had a life situation I needed to take care of for a few months. There is no chance this situation can happen again.

Many leagues were strong despite the shitty product too. I'm not saying it didn't affect this league, it obviously did. No matter how you slice it H4Yards '12 did not live up to expectations. I'd like to avoid another league collapsing. The two easiest ways for this to happen is EA putting out a shitty product and a ton of members quitting. All I'm saying is we need to get our ducks in a row and solidify this group. I'm not sure we did that before starting this league.

16. DirtycashDylan

Whether you're gonna be here in a month, I can't say. I can say that myself and every other H4Y guy will be. We would have still been premier if we kept going but we would have never found replacements while abiding by the rules. We didn't land in a premier league, the premier league landed on us! *raises fist*

and as far as other leagues going strong...lol. They all had at least one opening including The Deuce. Leagues like The Legacy had several openings and they were for teams like Florida State and Michigan. New members: "So I can have FSU in one league or Mid Tenn in another? In year 3?"

17. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

18. Bl0ndeRedHead

I was gonna bump this earlier

19. DirtycashDylan

Yeah, a few people still refer to us as Dirty 12 and I don't know who they're talking about.

20. Bl0ndeRedHead

A few people = staff

21. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

We are D12. That's our new name. Make your peace with it.

22. DirtycashDylan

Quitters don't get to change the name of the league. We've been H4Y for years. The people have spoken.

• Like Like x 4
  23. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I prefer H4Y.

24. DirtycashDylan

I missed this the first read through.

25. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Wrong. I didn't join H4Y. You all joined the league that I came up with. The league that I appointed the commish for. If this was still H4Y, you would have done that. Sure we've had some people quit, but so did H4Y. I'm sure you all remember H4Y going into the crapper last year.