Movie Maker Problems.

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JOEDESIGNS, Jul 8, 2009.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Movie Maker Problems.

I'm building somthing right now, it's cool, awesome is more the word, however, I want to use some movie clips but can't seem to find any. Does anyone know of a way to pull movies off youtube to be used in moviemaker?

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've been playing around with this. I planned to take easportsworld highlights and then rip them and combine them in movie maker to make my own highlight reels. In order to do this, I had to download a 3rd party program for it. I got downloadhelper which is a firefox plugin. I then had to get the flv converter add on for it. It's free, but unless you pay to activate it, it puts a little icon (it's barely noticeable) in the corner of your movie. With the converter, I can then convert it to a wmv (or avi or whatever you want really) file that you can import into movie maker.

The problem I have with it is that I'm not happy with the quality. I'll try to post before and afters to show you what I mean.

EDIT:
    Actually, after looking at it again, I don't think the quality is too horrible and I'll probably go ahead with my highlight reel idea. I orginially planned to give commentary over the videos, but I'll likely not do that. Here's the converted -> movie makered final product. I don't see how to add a video to this post so I'll put it on my blog.

EDIT2:
    I've uploaded them to my blog. The .wmv file that I uploaded was a lot smaller in my blog than my easportsworld originals so I had to stretch it, but look at how much blurrier it is than the originals. And on third thought, the quality is pretty craptacular. In the originals, the numbers on the jerseys are very clear. In the converted one, you can't even really make out the jersey numbers.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

English. We speak English here in Ohio.

You Michigan people and your stinkin' gobbledy-gook technical speak. Drives me plum crazy. :eek:

4. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

FLV Converter?

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Flvs are the types of files of youtube videos (and easportsworld videos). From what I can tell (I've only looked into this recently so there's probably something I'm missing) you can't just save them and watch them with windows media player. In order to watch them in media player (and also import them into movie maker) you'll need to convert them into a file type that they'll support (.wmv, .avi, .mpg, etc). With download helper and the available converter, I'm able to go to youtube (or easportsworld) and then save the file and convert it to something more useful (but with noticeably worse quality) as it saves.

This is a firefox (a non-microsoft web browser) addon. I don't know if there's one for internet explorer, if that's what you use.

6. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Move-ies?

7. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Ok, it's been downloaded, and man does it work. I love it. Thanks for the help.