Moving Forward

Discussion in 'The Flashback' started by hornfaninbama, Aug 2, 2013.

?

Choose the Best Option

Poll closed Aug 3, 2013.
  1. Complete Restart (teams, draft etc.)

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Restart with same setup

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

@TheRealHalupka, @-Cougars-, @BPHusker, @Azwethinkweiz, @qclassic 22, @matthew34brown, @-Balla-, @TN_Mike, @tar heel, @Austin1990, @BDSDIGITAL

Since we can't get this file to work correctly with XP we need to restart again. I'm sorry. I am so freaking aggravated it makes me want to sell this game back already. But, I'd go through DT's and withdrawals, and I don't have the time or energy for that. So we will be restarting again. I know yall have to be as upset as I am, maybe more, but it seems to be the only option. In light of that, I've put up a poll that will close tonight @ midnight with 2 choices.

Option 1: We do a complete restart. We vote on conferences again, we redraft teams, we re-do everything.

Option 2: We do a restart, but keep the same setup. Same teams. same conferences etc.

I've been through these before, and sometimes shaking the teams up will rejuvenate everyone and help us reacquire the momentum we had earlier. Personally I think that's needed. The reason I'm only going to leave this up for a little while is so we can get through the mess, and have week 1 up early next week. I think Monday is a little ambitious, but Tuesday or Wednesday is easily accomplished.

If we vote for a complete restart. I'll have a conference poll up a few minutes after Midnight, let everyone vote for 24 hours (or less if we get all 12 votes in early), and then start the draft around 130 on Sunday. If we can have that done Sunday night, we could have preseason up Monday, and week 1 up Tuesday. That's a very accelerated timetable, but if everyone is around, and availableish Sunday we can do it.

Vote for the best option to you, if you have other thoughts post them in the thread.

2. hornfaninbama

Also @matthew34brown, great game last night. I wish there was some semblance of defense this year, but EA always overpowers something.

• Like Like x 1
  3. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

Yes it was a great game! The defense is a joke.. btw whats up with Taptalk not working with TSO now?

4. hornfaninbama

They're making some forum adjustments. there's a notice saying some normal features may not work until the process is finished.

• Like Like x 1
  5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well since voting takes 5,000 minutes to pop up, I'm choosing option one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

B1G/PAC 10

7. hornfaninbama

Just another note. BDSdigital is leaving us. I'm not going to fill the slot @TheRealHalupka. At all. It'll leave us with 11 coaches, and make for unbalanced conferences, but I've heard that having a full 12 confuses the game and makes it think no one should leave, or join. And that is creating the XP glitch.

8. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

B1G/Pac10

9. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

I do not envy your position as commisioner at all right now. Sorry man. I'm in it though, and will be patient as we get things going again.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hornfaninbama

If we get 3 more votes for total restart I'll get the conference vote up early. As that would give us a simple majority.

• Like Like x 2
  11. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

My vote makes 5. with 11 members you only need 6 for majority. @hornfaninbama

• Like Like x 1
  12. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Haha! Lucky number 6!

13. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

14. hornfaninbama

I'll get it up now.

• Like Like x 1