MSU Logo Change

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Jan 21, 2010.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU Logo Change

I don't know if any of you have heard or care about this but MSU is planning on unveiling a new logo in April. Pretty much the entire MSU community is TICKED OFF (INCLUDING ME) about this. Of course, it's all about money and MSU worked out some sort of deal with Nike. The new logo looks terrible in my opinion. I don't understand why a logo change is necessary.

Check it out:

http://blog.mlive.com/ganggreen/2010/01/michigan_state_spartans_to_unv.html

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Wow looks like crap

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

I've seen dog shit better than this...my poor Spartans..

4. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Ahahaha goes right along with your horrible university lolllll

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

84% have voted for the old one....I agree...F that new one...can't take away the Spartan logo cmon...JC you should post this in the Locker Room...see what everyone else says

6. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

As a non-biased person, I must say the old one is the one they should keep...Don't "F" with tradition. It's not even much of a change, so why do it?

Cue the Pink Floyd song...

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I like the new one, but the old one is definitely better.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I think the new one looks like crap, but when I was growing up the Spartans had an "S" on their helmets, so the tradition of the spartan logo isn't as deep as other teams.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am not a Sparty fan, but those new logos are baboon ass.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

lmao nice

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Even non-MSU fans hate it...great. I'm going to go ahead and ignore the walmart wolvie comment above from DJ.

12. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I can see why fans would be upset... but I can see both designs. One's the classic coin stamped logo, the other the more war like, modern, comic book spin on the figurehead of a war machine.

Of course if they were headin in that direction, they could've at least gone all the way, instead of mixing the two.

[​IMG]

This at least looks like something that will kick your butt, and has nothing to do with the old coin stamped logo... aside from the fact it's a spartan helmet.

13. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

My work is blocking mlive blog for some reason. Is this (the one on the right) the new one you guys are talking about?

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/2010/01/michigan_state_to_unveil_new_l.html

If so, I don't get the big deal. I can totally understand not wanting to mess with the logo at all, and I'd probably be upset if it were my team doing it. But they hardly look different. Certainly not enough to say one looks good and the other doesn't. I'll bet you 75% of college football fans couldn't tell you which is the original if you put them side by side.

Besides, like Jello said, they used to rock the S. And before that, wasn't the spartan logo completely different (more like the USC logo)? The current MSU helmet is hardly an "untouchable" classic.