MSU Score

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Central had a very rough 4th quarter - all against the MSU 2nd and 3rd teams. They threw two picks inside their own 30, which resulted in quick scores by the MSU 3rd and 4th string HBs. After a three & out, 4th string RB Jeremey Langford broke loose for a 70-some yard run. I actually tried to dive out of bounds at the end of the run, but he extended with the ball and hit the pylon on his way out.

I was legitimately not trying to run the score up, but Central wasn't doing anything to help my cause.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Just gotta stop and kneel it IMO. Sucks but in the end it will keep stats and awards relevent including the Heisman Trophy.

I had 4 TD's with Marquess Wilson by midway through the 2nd quarter. I pulled all my starters offense and defense right there. Ran dives the rest of the way, and in the 4th quarter I pretty much just kneeled it out.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Really? I have to deal with this now?

That's it. I'm getting drunk.

4. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I agree that I should have done that. In the moment, I was excited about the big play for a guy that doesn't get very many touches. I tried to do the right thing at the end, but it didn't work out.

This was my 4th string RB. Not sure this really applies.

This game wasn't over until Bell scored near the end of the third. I pulled all my starters right before I kicked the EP.

I ran inside as well. Are you suggesting that you kneeled 3 times and then punted the whole 4th quarter?

5. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Brog',

Sometimes these things happen. I know for sure that you were not trying to run up the score, but we all face shitty teams sometimes, and we have to find a way to keep the score reasonable, even when it seems as though your opponent wants you to blow them out of the fuckin' water. It's not hard to keep the score under 70. Chew the clock sooner. :)

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Yah, I wasn't trying to imply you were being malicious in running up the score. I apologize.

I was just trying to give you a point of reference. In my game vs. Montana State (FCS West lol) I had 3 or 4 breakaway runs when I was up 59-0. Once I got inside their 30 yard line, yes I kneeled it out. It sucks but I'd rather deal with 15 means of boring NCAA than have to deal with a thread like this after.

Trust me it was going through my mind at that time! lol

You are cool man, its big of you to post this thread right away.

7. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I feel bad about it. I know it's not in the best interest of the league and I regret that it happened. It wasn't gratuitous, but it happened. I understand the guidance here and will do whatever (kneel and/or punt) I need to do to keep it reasonable in the future.

What's not obvious here is that Central played a great first half. They had the lead three times in the first quarter before the turnovers started to kill it for them. Their second half, however, was terrible.

I do, however, appreciate the feedback.

8. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Yea I usually take it down to the 5 then punt when playing an fcs team

• Like Like x 1