MSU Season Outlook

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Feb 24, 2010.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU Season Outlook

A little late, but here it is:

On offense I lost my starting HB Caper and #1 WR Spencer to the draft, they both left early. I also lost a couple O-lineman. My QB Maxwell returns but after my frustration with him last season I'm starting RS Freshman Jeremy McQueen, we'll see how long that lasts though. Maxwell has the much better arm, but is a statue, while McQueen can make plays with his legs. The WRs are very weak. Dana Dixon takes the #1 role, but he is less than a reliable option when it comes to hanging onto the ball. Jamie Hobbs continues to work his way up the depthchart to the #2 WR spot, and through two games this season, has been the Spartans most explosive option. The HB position will be by committee between Anthony Ostrander and Andre Pennington. Ostrander saw limited action last season as the 3rd option, and Pennington is a RS Freshman, so the cupboard is a little bare. Neither of these guys are going to blaze past you, but they make up for it with their strength and gain the tough 5 or 6 yards.

On defense, the secondary is still weak. I added more speed through recruiting to the CBs, and they have been decent thus far, my safeties are slow, but can stop the run. I am starting two freshman at OLB after two seniors departed, while star junior MLB Tony Hodge anchors the middle. The defensive line lost 3 of 4 starters from last year, and those holes will be filled by 2 freshman and a RS freshman.

My team is very very young, but I have already seen a vast improvement compared to last season, especially on defense. Against Max my secondary did a great job compared to last season, and if it weren't for the 6 turnovers (4 fumbles) I might have won that game.

I did not turn the ball over once against #23 USF and I dominated them.