Muffed Punts

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Feb 7, 2012.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

My punt returner, WR Mike Carter has close to the best hands on my team, yet I swear he muffs about 50% of the punts kicked to him. He did it with 3 of them in today's game against Illinois. Is anybody else having this problem?

What seems to be the more important rating here, catching or return? In the depth chart, Carter is my #1 overall guy for kick returns, yet just looking at the attributes, he has the best hands (76 sadly) but he isn't the best returner (63). Perhaps I need a higher return rating back there.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Do you manually catch the punt or just let the CPU do it? When I try manually, the muff % is much higher.

3. GoGators

I'm clicked onto the guy, but I haven't moved him or anything so he's still under the CPU control. I've tried to be conscious of not moving the analog stick to move the player before he's completely caught the ball, but even that doesn't seem to make a difference.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I have no idea what determines it, but it could be CAR (since a muffed punt is really a fumble and CAR determines fumbles). Bryan Stephens has terrible CAR and has muffed more punts than anyone I've had, but he still hasn't even muffed 1 in 10 punts so that 50% number sounds ridiculously high to me.

5. jello1717

and is that 76 number your team's best CTH rating? Yikes! UofCWildcat loves to go on and on and on and on about how my receivers are only speed while his guys will catch everything, but I only have 1 receiver (a JUCO JR guy I signed last season that's a 74 OVR and is RSing as the worst of my 7 WRs) on my whole team that has a catch rating lower than 78 and only 2 guys lower than 80.

6. GoGators

LOL, 50% is probably a bit of an exaggeration, but he's definitely muffed more than a handful this season and I've only played 5 games. He had 3 today against Illinois so I know he has more than 5 on the season. Averaging 1+ per game is ridiculous. I'm going to try one of my guys with a mid 90's return rating and see if the consistency changes.

What's Stephens' return rating?

7. GoGators

Sadly yes, 76 is my best flat out catch rating. You have no idea what it's like recruiting with NU. Even this year I'm getting slapped around by NIU and Illinois and I've beaten them both and they're both a star less prestige than I am.....and to make matters worse, I've even hung like -200 on NIU on a couple calls and they're still owning me on a guy. It's like they get x2 every frigging week.

8. jello1717

He doesn't return any more, but I'd imagine with his speed and quickness it was probably a 99.

9. jello1717

Oh I definitely do. Remember I started as a 3* as well so I've recruited with ASU as a 3*, 4*, and 5* and it was rough going.

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I would guess that Awareness and Carrying(like Jello stated) have to be a factor in the muffs. I see your guy Carter is 79 awareness but my returner Lindsey has 64 awareness and I cannot recall him muffing a punt.