Mumble Test

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Mumble Test

Please download the mumble client, install it, and give it a run. I need to make sure the server is up and running throughout the weekend as the computer hosting it is going to be outside of my viewing ability for the weekend. If necessary I can try to run a secondary hosting server but it will be a pain in the neck to set up (first one took me an hour or so of reading directions that struck me as complicated). But I will have to for the draft.

So please, download it, install it, try it out, and let me know if there are ANY problems. The login information is in a sticky, so please look there for download site and server information. This thread is for issues with mumble only please.

2. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

I keep trying to log into the OMFL part of mumble and it says that "the server is using an older encryption standard. It might be an older 1.1 based mumble server. Would you like to launch the compatibility client to connect to it?" when i hit yes nothing happens..

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

OB, try using the Mumble (backwards compatible) icon. See if that changes anything. New one when I downloaded it put up two icons for mumble: new one and backwards compatible one. Try that and let me know if that fixes problem.

Thought I had updated my desktop with Mumble but may not have taken.

Also, if you still have issues with newest version, uninstall it and download v1.8.1. That one will be compatible as that is version I just tried to replace on desktop.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I am in there and its working for me!

5. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

will it download to a mac?? well i guess ill find out when i test it tonight

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Vishal, I think there is a Mac version, but I'm not 100% on that. I don't have a Mac and don't have a lot of experience with them, so I won't be very much help.

Any Mac Users out there?

7. natedawg212000

i run mac, works fine

8. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

nate you seem like a mac person... Had the same problem as obi won but it finally connected, is this going to be speech only or are we goin run mumble plus the chat server that nate created or what?

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Mumble is text/chat both at the same time. Essentially you can click on individuals to send a message, or you can just type a message to everyone in your current area (if you are in the AFC South and type a message it will go to all AFC South owners only). If you are in the Root menu (main menu) a message will go to ALL people on the server.

Voice chat is supported as well obviously, and you can set it up to be when you talk, only talk when holding a button, or mute.

It's a nice program for being free, I think.

10. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

thats cool, nobody was in the room the other night so i didnt know about clicking on ppl or rooms or anything. One thing to note, will it post everyones text in a chatroom style box that we can scroll on to see what is what? I dont know if you get what im trying to say, i just think it will be hard if you cant see what someone posted 10 mins ago, but im sure something will pop up when you start messaging someone.

11. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Draft is at 6 central but i will be in the room an hour early to see whats what considering this is the first time using the program, if anyone wants to hang out ill be there

12. VishaL

is online draft 6 or 7 rounds? lol ill be there with ya Ox, i might be on there earlier than that

13. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

The backward compatable one worked... thanks guys!

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

OBwhite - Good deal, glad that worked cause I was out of ideas other than starting a new server.

Ox - Yes, it scrolls similar to a chat room style, so you can look up at previous parts of the chat.

To anyone else, I'll try to hop on it periodically tomorrow. So if you see me feel free to chat. I probably won't have a mic attached, but I'll do text chatting.

15. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

is there a link to this mumble? I've never used it before

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Look it up in Google. There's a wikipedia page with Mumble on it. Just download from there.

17. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

We are using this for the draft right?

18. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That is correct Mustang. We are using Mumble for the draft to get us all together.

19. Dean

Dean Walk On

installed mumble and everything works fine

20. VishaL

is online drafts 6 or 7 rounds???????????????

21. natedawg212000

we will play it by ear. the wish is to go for 7, but we will really play it by ear. At least 5 rounds and then we will see whos interested to keep going.

22. VishaL

okay one more question your only allowed to have 10 picks in the draft, what if i was to trade n get 11 picks, can i forfeit my 7th rounder?

23. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

downloaded mumble and it works... although i think a chat room on AIM would work better

24. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Yes can we use that as a backup plan if mumble fails.

25. natedawg212000

Vishal just include your 7th in the deal