Murk's Ideas for 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jun 27, 2009.

?

What kind of dynasty?

1. Open (any teams)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. BCS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3 star and under

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2 star and under

33.3%
  5. Option #1 w/ conference set up

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Option #2 w/ conference set up

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Option #3 w/ conference set up

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Option #4 w/ conference set up

66.7%
  1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Murk's Ideas for 2010

Alright guys, I haven't been saying much but I have been paying attention.

York, I think this is a good idea...but it seems a little complicated, but on the other hand a system should be in place for moving on to a different.

My thought: Is that we don't necessarily race from school to school to reach Bobby Bowden and Joe Paterno because we dynasty is about trying to do that anyway.

At some point, people may or may not want to change schools, it happens in real life. So, I think a system like you displayed would be a good thing and I have supported them in my dynasties in the past...just not as detailed.

my rule was always (in 2 star dynasties) - "Must stay with original team minimum 5 seasons, then you can move on as you please, staying at each school a minimum of 3 seasons at that point."

But, I'd love to go more in depth with this, as you have York. I'm not quite sure what the criteria for changing schools should be just yet, but I like what you are on to.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Like someone else suggested, there should be a system in place for having a bad season. I'm not sure what the criteria for this would be either, but the punishment would be that you are docked scholarships you are allowed to offer. Because in all reality - if you're school sucks, you never beat your rivals, the food doesn't taste good, and all the chicks are ugly - no one will want to come to your school.

And I mean, I could elaborate even further on this because I have tons of running thoughts..so I'll just scribble some things out off the top of my head and see what you guys think.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

#1 - Switching Schools and/or Conferences
    1. You must stay at each school a minimum of 3 seasons to be considered for a switch
    2. If you are voted "Coach of the Year", you may switch schools
    3. If you won the National Championship, you may switch schools
    4. If you increased your schools' prestige by 3 stars, you may switch schools
    5. To switch to a better conference, you must win 4 out of the last 5 conference championships OR 6-7 of the last 10

#2 - Coaching Expectations and Criteria

Let's say we are going off these recruiting rules, just as an example (please try and get a quick understanding for these recruiting rules, and note that these are not the rules for TT IV..these are from the OFFL West)

Okay, so here are some of the things I was thinking

• Lose to a rival 4 out of five years, you lose the ability to recruit any 4 or 5 star athletes in their state.
    • Two consecutive losing seasons, your number of scholarships allowed to offer drops by 25% (20 seniors = 15 schollys)

So, these can be adjusted, and I am sure I will come up with even more ideas with your help but this is what I was thinking about.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I think this will add a great twist to online dynasty, and will mix in perfectly for ncaa 2010.

I am excited!!

My favorite rule is losing the ability to recruit 4 and 5 stars from a rivals state...This creates added pressure to those games. No one should lose 4 out of 5, but it could happen!

Online dynasty for ncaa 2010 is going to be very competitive, and competition = FUN! It will be harder to build teams into power houses, the recruiting pool is going to be more realistic, we most likely won't have to worry about speed issues, new feature = competitive recruiting, add in these criteria and it will be a warzone just like it should be!

Realistically, you shouldn't be able to build teams into power houses so fast like we are able to do in this game. I think making things this way will make it that much better when we finally do get our teams to that level and WE are the Bobby Bowdens of TT IV - or for some, the Rich Rodriguezs LOL!

Where do we stand with these ideas? These are just ideas btw.

(y) OR (n)

5. lucid947

lucid947 Guest

Good stuff - thought I'd pitch in with a few random thoughts:

1) I think the idea of having a "career mode" and moving from school to school sounds good. The only thing I would be kind of concerned about is the dynasty sort of scattering after a couple of seasons. For example, say a person wins the conference (or whatever) and moves on to a lower ranked BCS conference school. At that point, that person is out by himself playing a CPU conference schedule and probably recruiting mostly against the CPU. It probably won't be long before his team is a lot more talented than the original teams, so he's got CPU conference games and user v. user games that aren't competitive b/c of the talent differential. Seems to me like it would be almost like playing a single player dynasty. If we can think of a way to keep something like that from happening and keep things competitive I'd be all for the "career mode" type structure.

2) Losing scholarships as a penalty for a losing season seems a little harsh to me - I think I would rather limit the quality of the recruits, e.g. no 5 stars, fewer 5 stars, or something along those lines.

3) I really like the idea of having game results affect recruiting. Actually, if we end up going the mid-major conference route, I would probably prefer that we just ban blue chip recruits entirely until the program has been built up some. Its extremely rare for a 5 or even 4 star recruit to go anywhere but the power conferences in real life. My suggestion would be to ban recruits who have more stars than a school's prestige level - i.e. if you have a 3 star program, you can only recruit 3 star and below prospects. I think this system would force players to be more strategic with their recruiting decisions, instead of just recruiting the 5 and 4 stars who happen to be interested in the program. I also think 3 star and below recruits have more pronounced strengths and weaknesses - they're usually only good at one thing. In my opinion, this adds another strategic element in that you have to really balance strengths and weaknesses and pick guys that really fit your system. (Keep in mind this suggestion is really only appropriate if its as easy to recruit against the CPU as it was in '09. If its as hard as it should be to get recruits in NCAA 10, none of the above is likely to be necessary.)

Anyway, I'm liking what I'm hearing so far - I'm sure we'll end up with something fun. As long as we get good games out of it, I will be happy with whatever structure everyone else wants to go with.

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Lucid on your point 3 I think that if you are a 3 star team you can recruit 5 and 4 star players. I just think that it should be limited. For example Daunte Culpepper was from winter park fl and he was recruited by FSU UF Michigan Osu and the likes he didn't have the grades was a 5 star recruit and went to UCF a CUSA team and close to his home. This happens every year. I think a way to adjust to this is you can only offer 2-3 scholorships to 4-5 star player only from your state. If I am BGSU and I have a 5 star kid in my back yard you don't think I am going to offer him a scholorship? Also I heard somewhere that some recruits will change stars after the season ends kind of like being re-evaluated?

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

to add to my point the offered scholarships to the 4 or 5 star prospect lets say its 2 for each team if that team misses on that player they are SOL to offer another 4-5 star player they must then use that scholarship on a 2-3 star player.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

About the teams scattering, some teams would go with and some teams wouldn't....

and think about it this way, (have you ever done a dynasty offline for a long time and switched schools)..when ever you switch, you are likely leaving a better team behind.

that's why i came up with those rules to switch schools...

1. if you've been there 3 years, you are leaving all the players YOU recruited..
    2. if you've won the NC, you're team is good
    3. also, If you are dominating a conference I think it would even out the level of comp. in that conference that you are leaving...and would give room for someone else to move up in the ranks

Yeah, that may be...but I think the rule about losing to your rival...so many years out of so many should stay..
    It could be that first year you hit that losing streak of three games and every year until you win..and it would restart

once again, I said that you if you lost 3 years in a row to a rival you would lose the ability to offer scholarships to 4 and 5 star recruits from that rivals state. WIN YOUR RIVALRIES!! :)

That is sorta what the OFFL scholarship limits say about offering schollys....kinda

did you read that quote?

I honestly believe that this year's dynasty mode will be a lot different and if we go off the offl recruiting rules, you wouldnt be allowed to recruit 5 star players until you got that right to.

read those rules and tell me if we are on the same page..

edit: there is a poll at the top..

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Murk I dont understand the poll? What are the options 1-4? Sorry I may have missed something

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol thats alright..

options 1-4 are the first 4 options and you can pick 5-8 if you want one of those first 4, but with a conference set up (which I figured is what people want.)

a poll probably wasn't even needed because it seems like everyone is leaning towards lower-tier schools with a conference set up

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Ill be back around 6 pm central...

Ive got my first college 7 on 7 so Im pretty pumped..

see you guys later

12. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

duh ok I get it. No coffee this morning.

13. lucid947

lucid947 Guest

Actually, I'm pretty sure only 2 Rivals.com five stars have committed to non-BCS conference teams since 2002. You have one here and there - like DeAndre Brown (at Southern Miss) or Culpepper - but it really is rare. BGSU would definitely offer the guy a scholarship, but they would probably lose out to a bigger program the vast majority of the time. If BGSU is actually signing the guy a large percentage of the time like a human would against the CPU, its pretty unrealistic, I think. But you're right that an outright ban like I suggested is unrealistic too. I'm not sure there's a completely realistic way to compensate if the CPU turns out to be bad at recruiting again this year. I just kind of like the idea of removing the superstars from the game for the first few seasons. But I'd definitely be cool with recruiting them with limits if that's what everyone else thinks would be more fun.

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I hear you lucid I guess what I mean is lets say we go with the mac and I choose bgsu I lead them to the mac championship and a new years day bowl that should be worthy of me recruiting 1 or 2 4 star recruits. I still have to pitch them and it is not a done deal that I will get them to sign with me. Thats why I think you get one chance to recruit 1 or 2 guys each year if you miss on those guys so be it if by chance you sign them good for your team.

15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Im so lost...all this shit is kinda complicated and confusing. Anyone got cliffs?

This will be many peoples first OD. The other ones i were in had rules but no stuff like this. Im open for anything, just anything i can understand.

16. lucid947

lucid947 Guest

Cool. What you say there makes sense. Don't think the scattering thing will be a huge issue.

Yeah I thought the losing to your rival rule was a really good idea. Didn't do a good job saying that in my post.

Yeah I read the OFFL rules. If we want to be realistic, I think they would need to be tweaked a little bit if we go with a 2 star dynasty, since that would be a ton of four stars for a small program. But overall I think they're very good. I went ahead and looked at some of the recruiting classes for mid-majors from last year - it looks like they are mostly 2 stars with a good number of 3 stars and the occasional 4 star mixed in. So maybe we could use those rules but bumped down a star? Still not sure what the best way to deal with 5 stars would be. Maybe lump 4 and 5 stars in together? Then maybe we could increase the 4/5 star percentage as certain milestones are reached or as the program prestige increases?

17. lucid947

lucid947 Guest

Yeah the more I think about it, the more I am liking this idea. I was sort of worried about the really speedy guys ruining things, but I think with pursuit angles fixed and the speed curve toned down it won't be as huge an issue as it was in '09.

18. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I agree. I favor staying with the original OFFL recruiting rules.

19. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I voted for 3 star and under with a conference set up using the offl recruiting rules. How many people do we have?

20. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Damn, you guys are making this one sound really fun. Wish I wasn't already in two different dyanstys for '10...

21. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

OK, I voted 3 star. I would like 3 stars to be th max, or maybe even just try and find schools where everyone can start out as 3 stars. That way it would be completely fair. We may have to do two differnt conferences, but I see no probs with that.

22. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I also think that we should just use the og recruitung rules. I have always been a fan of if you can get them then sign em. I dont think its gonna be that big of a deal because we already have limits in place.

You wont see any of us nabbing all these top 100's. It actually makes it more of a thought out process for us because we need to really decide which player we want to use that scolly for.

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I don't quite know what you mean by og recruiting rules (original)?

If you are talking about the offl rules I posted, yea...your second comment is why that is a rule..basically it is just making thing more realistic

alot of people have never played in a dynasty with recruiting rules about schollys you can offer..but let me tell you, it works out just fine..and more fun IMO

btw, the 7 on 7 was offense...I play corner and got to go up against last years #1 offense in the nation for D3..they return everybody except one linemen so that is going to be awesome to watch..

I think I did really well, the qb (who is a bad ass) was able to look off the safeties I was playing with very well, and we kept getting burnt on the deep post on the backside..

familiar? just like ncaa 09 lol

24. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Yessir, I did mean the offl rules. And i was thinkin too that I didnt want to over-complicate things for the new users. Not saying anybody cant hang, but just trying to make sure that its as easy as possible for everyone to come back week after week. Including their induvidual share of effort of course.

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yea, I understand where you are coming from...

I wouldn't put something in place too harsh or too hard to learn for any new guys