*MUST READ* DvG

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Oct 16, 2009.

?

Yes or No ----- Read Below

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

*MUST READ* DvG

Either Vote YES or NO

If Yes vote is unanimous, effect would begin for season 2.

David vs Goliath

Idea

Make this league Wide Open. No more 1* or 2* school restrictions... wide open playing field. I call it "David vs Goliath" because I know some users like taking 1* teams and turning them into Powerhouses, I also know some users like to take a team like USC or MICH and compete for the title every year. The possible upsets would go on year round.

Each school of choice would have a rewards system for things like upsets, heisman, bowl bids, bowl wins, best recruiting class, ect. The Smaller schools will gain the highest rewards for accomplishing these things while the powerhouses will gain the least. For example:

If you are a 2* or less team and you beat a 5* team, you will gain a 4* recruit of your choice for the next season. If you beat 6* team, you gain a 5* recruit.

If you are a 5* team and you win a BCS Game, - you get to schedule 1 game against any team to begin the next season. (Remember, I make the schedules so this will be a reward for some users)

This is only a rough Idea; comments and suggestions are appreciated.

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

sounds promising but not voting yet

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I like the idea Lee. Basically whatever we can do to get solid, active members in this league. I think this would appeal to a wider basis of players that want a Goliath team but what makes it interesting is the little perks and advantages a coach can gain from taking the David approach. I'm voting yes....either way I'm in this dynasty for the long haul....despite my defense giving up almost 150 points in two games!:mad:

4. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

What if it turns out that all teams are goliath?

5. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I don't think that would happen with the award system in place. I think a lot of players would like a challenge and I think they would like the benefits that come along with completing the challenges.

6. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

The idea is good, Im just a bit confused on how you would make it work.

How do you go about making the "gain a 4* recruit of your choice" work?

7. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I'd like to hear more about the rewards before I definetly said yes but little side challenges would probably be fun.

8. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

The recruit side challenge's looks like a no go right now. I took the dynasty into offline mode and was not able to save the roster and/or edit it. Im going to talk with a person @ Operation Sports and see if he has a way of re-creating our season 2 roster w/ the recruit awards. Other awards I was looking into was the recruit adviser and scout report... but since PS3 is unlike 360 and you can not send gifts over the PSN..... I don't think that would work either. If anyone has any idea's let me know, those were primarily the base for the rewards system,... but now there kaput.

9. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Although this has nothing to do with this post, I found an interesting roster. It is completely different from anything I've seen before and should be out by Thanksgiving. It is a complete "Alumni" roster. USC will have OJ, TCU will have LT. This might be worth checking out.

10. BG

BG On The Rize!

I never like getting the "Goliath teams". I would rather get the middle of the pack teams and see if I can make them juggernauts. One and two star teams are ok, it just takes that much longer because all the recruits you get are one and two star; no matter if you beat a "Goliath team". So taking a team like Duke or South Florida and transforming them to powerhouse dynasty's not just powerhouse tms; would be something I'm interested in. Not sure if this is on topic or not; just venting!!!

11. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Yea, with 1 and 2 star teams it usually takes 3 seasons just to get to a point where you can realistically crack the top25.... that is for non cheesers.

The DvG idea is a good one, just that the reward system for the D teams doesn't add up. Any other ideas on how we could make this work?

12. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Going to lock the thread. If EA comes out with a ptch that allows roster edit I will open this back up. The idea would work if they allowed offline roster edit.... we could stat a point system. You win the hesiman with a 1 or 2* team, you get 20 attribute points to use towards your team ect.......

League will stay with what it has now. It is getting exciting as we are coming down the strech. onaradio is onahotstrk. He is 10-1 and the Green Wave were #24 in the BCS last week. with 2 more games remaining for him, it would be awesome to see him crack the top 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.