MVP - Early Favorites

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by weblink21, Dec 14, 2009.

1. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

MVP - Early Favorites

With the season winding down, it is almost time for 2009-10 season awards to be handed out. None are more coveted then the OMFL League MVP award. Below you will see six of the early favorites. This thread will be updated every week to show how each candidate performed. If you see your player....make a case for why he deserves the award. If you don't see your player....make a case for him to be added to the running. We will be narrowing the chase as the season draw to a close. Everyone will be reading so make sure you let your voice heard!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    [imga=left]http://icslearninggroup.com/clients/mikelinktest/images/mvp/manning.jpg[/imga]
    Peton Manning
    [imga=left]http://icslearninggroup.com/clients/mikelinktest/images/mvp/stewart.jpg[/imga]
    Jonathon Stewart
    [imga=left]http://icslearninggroup.com/clients/mikelinktest/images/mvp/petterson.jpg[/imga]
    Adrian Petterson
    [imga=left]http://icslearninggroup.com/clients/mikelinktest/images/mvp/jonesdrew.jpg[/imga]
    Maurice Jones-Drew

Payton Manning:

2009 Season Stats: 3,283 pass yds, 35 TD 11 INT

Last Game: Led the Colts to a blowout win over the 7-3 Houston Texans. Manning went 12-20 for 263 yds and 4 TD's in the win.

Jonathon Stewart:

2009 Season Stats: 1122 rush yds, 18 TD and 302 rec yds, 2 TD

Last Game: Ran all over the Broncos to lead the Giants to another victory. Stewart finished the day with 26 rushes for 140 yds and 2 TD's.

Adrian Petterson:

2009 Season Stats: 1190 rush yds, 15 TD and 357 rec yds, 4 TD

Last Game: Led the Vikings to a 27-17 win over the 5-5 Chicago Bears to move the Vikings to 10-1. Petterson made a strong statement in this game by finishing with 26 rushes for 247 yds and a TD.

Maurice Jones-Drew:

2009 Season Stats: 926 rush yds, 12 TD and 364 rec yds, 2 TD

Last Game: Led the Jags to a 35-25 win over the 3-7 SF 49ers to move the Jags to 7-4. Jones had 16 rushes for 80 yards and 2 TD's.

2. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

You have to take Brees out and put Peyton Manning up there cause his numbers are better. Brees has too many picks like Brady.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Web. . .

I agree with putting Manning there now instead of Brees. Also, you REALLY need to note that MJD didn't play in 3 games this year due to injury! So that HAS to factor in!!!!

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Part of being an MVP is staying healthy. An injury to a player causing him to miss significant playing time should hurt his MVP chances,IMO.

I also agree that 21 Ints is just too many for Brees to be included in the MVP talk.

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I agree with brees, but i do think that henderson should possibly get a look-see. Hes putting up monster numbers for a low rated wr.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

I think Jeremy is just sore that my power rankings have been hammering on him a bit ;) MJD has a 95 injury rating. He BROKE his forearm and was back in 3 weeks. That itself is gutsy and MVP worthy!

7. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

Don't sleep on Steve Slaton he is beasting out this year in rushing an receptions and touchdowns...

p.s. no way Brees should be in the conversation with 21 ints....

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

we get it about brees guys, no need to bash my boy! btw, 5 of them came vs the cpu that just went crazy off on me last week. take that game away and its not too horrible. hes just had like 3 bad games with ints. they come in clumps.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I throw alot of picks with Brees in my other franchise. Guess we trust him too much to fit balls into tight spots.

10. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

What would you guys think of me changing Brees to Manning instead? lol. I actually agreed with this. Last night when I posted the early favorites, I didn't have the Manning stats on me so I posted Brees. Thanks Nate. lol. I will change it today.

11. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Manning hands down, J stew brings a close second though.

Prediction: Manning will finish with 4500 yds, 52 Tds, 15 INT (MVP)

12. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

What are Mannings' stats as of now?

13. coachgaddy

Not sure about Manning MVP as he failed to win the big game vs the Pats at home. Stewart is a front runner.

14. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Coach - no endorsement for Brady? His stats looked pretty good at a quick glance.

15. Big D

Big D Walk On

MVP means most valuable player to their team right? I dont think the Giants could win without Stewart and I am POSITIVE the Jags can't win without Jones-Drew. Indy can win without Manning (quickest D in the OMFL), Pats can win without Brady (all that talent on O and D), Vikes can win without Peterson (Favre)

Right now its a 2 person race in my mind. . .MVP=Most Valuable. How valuable are you when the team is 0-3 without you in the lineup, and 7-1 with you in the lineup??? MJD!

16. coachgaddy

Brady has the yards to compete but the overall TD/Int numbers are bad and that mostly my fault because I have been flip flopping between two offensive playbooks all year cause I cant decide.

After the Saints game were my offense was pathetic, I'm going back to my original playbook so maybe I can make a push for MVP in the stretch run.

17. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Is playbook that important. I just use what ever teams' playbook i'm using.

18. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Manning can't be MVP because he had 1 bad game 300 yds 2 TD 2 INT and didnt win a game? The Pats played well but it was far from the most important or the biggest game of the season.

Manning's stats of now are 3,283 Yds, 35 TD, 11 INT, 208/314

19. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

i dont know how a RB could do it but with broken arms all they have to wait for is the hard cast to come off, once a soft cast is on its up to the teams to play or not to play. Like i said i dont know how a RB could do this but LBs and DBs do this alot because they dont have to hold on to the ball.

20. coachgaddy

To answer your question Claven, Yes it is.

First four games of the season
    Brady 1527 yards 11 Touchdowns 3 interceptions
    Moss 20 receptions 419 yards receiving 4 touchdowns

since

Brady 1692 yards 12 Touchdowns 15 interceptions
    Moss 23 receptions 390 yards receiving 4 touchdowns

21. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I use the NE playbook because I like to spread the field and use alot of screens.

The Miami Dolphins playbook is the exact opposite, tons of runs/wildcat and does not even utilize a 5 WR package.

For those reasons I believe it is important, not really for an individuals performance/stats but for more over the flow of the offense.

22. Dean

Dean Walk On

I will make a case for Jonathan Stewart tomorrow morning. For now all i can say is.... He is a BEAST!!!!

23. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I can't believe the old Bucs coach traded him to you. Minor I can't believe I traded him to the Bucs.

24. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I know. If I had him now I would be kicking some boo-tay.

25. Dean

Dean Walk On

if Stewart keeps it up, Brandon Jacobs might not a have a job next year