MVP Voting - Final Candidates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Michigan State

HB Larry Caper - 271 Att, 1,748 yards, 6.4 ypc, 24 TD, 145.6 ypg

Larry had a phenominal Senior season, he did get briefly injured but that did not slow him down as he won the Walker and Walter Camps Awards. He also became Michigan State's lone record holder in Carerr Rushing and Season Rushing TD's with 46 and 24 respectively. He lead his team to an undefeated Big Ten season and had over 100 yards rushing in a Rose Bowl victory.

Arizona

WR Travis Cobb - 77 Rec, 1781 yards, 23.1 ypc, 20 TD, 137 ypg

Another player in The Rise to have a great Senior season. He was the go to guy for the Wildcats passing game and no doubt helped them overcome a 0-35 deficit vs TCU in their Bowl Game. He owns all but 2 of the Receiving records at Arizona including Receiving TD (Career and Season) and Receiving Yards (Career and Season). He also won the 2011 Biletnekoff in his career with Zona.

Illinois

QB - Nathan Scheelhaase - 161.1 QB Rating, 231/407, 4,060 yards, 35 TD, 406 ypg

Scheelhaase lead the newly incorporated Air Raid offense almost to perfection, if he hadn't gone down with an injury we could see this kid with over 6,000 yards passing. He was the key factor in Illinois winning any games as the rest of the team was under intense turmoil the whole game. He also had three receivers with over 1,000 yards receiving. Scheelhaase has decided to play for the Illini one more season but has yet to win an award. He has written himself in the history books though by owning all of Illinois passing records.

Rutgers

QB - Tom Savage - 202.1 QB Rating, 255/394, 4,944 yards, 46 TD, 380.3 ypg

He lead his team to an undefeated regular season and a Big East championship. This kid looks to be the next NFL Star at the QB position. While they barely missed out on the National Championship and lost a close battle to Texas in the Sugar Bowl, no one will forget his perfomance in the 2012 year, easily the best QB in The Rise. He won the 2012 Maxwell and O'Brien awards and came in second for the Heisman, cheated out by some CPU bum. Savage has secured himself in Rutgers school history as well as NCAA school history. For Rutgers he owns all Passing records and for the NCAA he has the highest QB Rating by any QB ever. The top favorite to win The Rise MVP. He also surpassed 10,000 yards passing while with the Scarlet Knights.

Since Stanford left I had no choice but to remove Luck....anyway send me a PM with your Top TWO choices. I would like EVERYONE to vote, if you don't I WILL come after you ;)

And please DO NOT vote for you own player, keeps it fair. Thanks guys.

I am hoping this brings some life to The Rise.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]
    Announcing your 2012 MVP....WR Travis Cobb, Arizona Wildcats​
    I was a bit disappointed that only 4 people outside myself voted. Next year everyone WILL vote, no excuses. Anyway Cobb had the most 1st place votes followed by Larry Caper in 2nd Place. Cobb had a great season with the Wildcats and it probably going to make a splash on Sundays (if he went Pro, I don't recall). Congrats to Coach JC!!​
    Final Stats: 77 Rec, 1781 yards, 23.1 ypc, 20 TD, 137 ypg​

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

sorry about not voting, I will definetely do so next year

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I voted right masler?

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yes